pens wide in girth--recommendations?

Summerland

Sailor King of Pen

And of course my old favourites from Classic Pens are also pens of some girth. Shown below are some stealth pictures of upcoming models - the new Mythos prototype with amgles ends unlike the straight and then rounded profile of the Legend shape, shown against other large pens - the Pelikan M100 and MB 149.

I am told that they will have prototypes that one can take in hand at the upcoming LA show, hopefully including an oversize in metal that may be the basis for a ZJ2 model (the ZJ1 Mosaique is their current flagship pen - very low production). There is thought of also making acrylic versions, possibly with piston fillers.

The red pen is the Legend based LM1, BTW. I think that is a killer blue acrylic on that prototype too. They are still playing about with angles and clip widths so as to get everything just right, but should have something akin to the final form by LA (next month). The length on all the pens is about 5.8". The Mythos is a tad larger in girth than the Pelikan and MB.

Edited by wspohn

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• niksch

• wspohn

• diplomat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Omas new Paragon and the old Omas 360 are also big pens.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I just received a vintage Waterman Ideal 56, and for the first time with a traditionally-shaped pen I find myself gripping the section alone (not the threads or higher), having a normal angle of attack to the paper (not almost straight up and down like I had to do with smaller nibs if I tried using only the section), and not feeling like I have to clench my fist to write.

So yeah, don't overlook vintage!

Those of you who appreciate pens that are wide in girth--what do you use? I'm particularly interested if the pen is both short and wide . . .

I don't know whether anyone else has mentioned the Tombow Zoom Egg. It almost looks freakish, but is very comfortable! I have one in a fine point, I love it, but they're no longer in production.

My wife has one of these--she hardly ever uses it. Not for sale, though, as it was a gift from me. ;)

cfclark

email cfclarktn at gmail dot com Twitter cfclark Facebook PM me

51 Flighter Fetishist

Those of you who appreciate pens that are wide in girth--what do you use? I'm particularly interested if the pen is both short and wide . . .

I don't know whether anyone else has mentioned the Tombow Zoom Egg. It almost looks freakish, but is very comfortable! I have one in a fine point, I love it, but they're no longer in production.

My wife has one of these--she hardly ever uses it. Not for sale, though, as it was a gift from me. ;)

Neither's mine! :roflmho:

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

The pen you are looking for it Montblanc Dumas !!!

It will match exactly what you are describing.

Another pen is Montblanc 149.

Respect to all

The Delta Dolce Vita Oversize is one fat guy. The pen is about 5 1/2 inches long and approximately 2 inches in circumference. It is WAY "fatter" than say a Pelikan M1000 or other large pens.

This is the pen you are looking for!

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212