Naughty Pen Gallery

youstruckgold

I recently ordered and paid for a new Pen from PenGallery, only to be informed 11 days later that the pen has been "temporarily oversold", and new stock will arrive by early February.

:gaah:

Not impressed.

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• youstruckgold

• Deirdre

• BerneseMtDogEatsArco

• donwinn

That is frustrating. Would it cheer you up if I speculated that a great many people will be popping into this thread to see what a naughty pen photo looks like? Personally, I was a little aftraid I'd get a "Penboy" centerfold...

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

That is frustrating. Would it cheer you up if I speculated that a great many people will be popping into this thread to see what a naughty pen photo looks like? Personally, I was a little aftraid I'd get a "Penboy" centerfold...

At the very least, I was expecting to find a thread featuring the old pens where if turned upside down the clothes went away.

It's even worse where the pen is not appearing.

Ken.

Yes, I too was hoping for something very different when opening this thread : )

Good luck with the purchase from PenGallery. Can you tell us which pen is the oversold one?

Thanks,

QM2

It is poor form not to be told at time of ordering. Many sites list the stock situation or at least list if it is out of stock. Stick to Pendemonium or Pear Tree Pens. Never had such a problem with either as you can't order what they don't have or the web site tells you if it is out of stock.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Sorry to disappoint those of you with thoughts that might explain why Freud might have thought of substituting cigars for pens!

The pen is a Pilot 742FA

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

I've heard of this happening at another dealer when the labels didn't match up with what was actually shipped to them in the boxes (e.g. a fountain pen was specified on the outside, but a rollerball was inside).

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Guilty, but was hoping for a centerfold girl airbrushed onto a mont blanc...

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

I've heard of this happening at another dealer when the labels didn't match up with what was actually shipped to them in the boxes (e.g. a fountain pen was specified on the outside, but a rollerball was inside).

I have sold a MB fp box to a well-known ebay seller who specializes in the higher end MB's... I think it's pretty normal to expect that things won't match - it's ebay. Still, if this happened if I ordered from, say, WorldLux... there would be problems.

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

I just got an email from Mel stating the 742FA should arrive by 20 January. Hopefully more accurate than the mid-February.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

I have sold a MB fp box to a well-known ebay seller who specializes in the higher end MB's... I think it's pretty normal to expect that things won't match - it's ebay. Still, if this happened if I ordered from, say, WorldLux... there would be problems.

Pen Gallery sells new, not used though. They are like WorldLux, as is the unnamed store I mentioned.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I just got an email from Mel stating the 742FA should arrive by 20 January. Hopefully more accurate than the mid-February.

Donnie

Hope you're right

Ok, I was looking for the same thing as just about everyone else.

As for the out of stock nature, despite the recommendation above, I had that happen The Pear Tree Pen Company. It can happen to any vendor. Although in their defense, it did sound like the pen went 'missing' and wasn't an 'oversold' issue. Still, they took a few days to notify me of the problem, however, I would still recommend them.

follow me on twitter.

I recently ordered and paid for a new Pen from PenGallery, only to be informed 11 days later that the pen has been "temporarily oversold", and new stock will arrive by early February.

:gaah:

Not impressed.

Hey, me toooo! Ain't fair, is it? I did a BIN on an Aurora Optima Fine and it turns out (like you--over a week later) they only have M and B. I also asked twice a question about the pen and never did get an answer. I gave up and cancelled; they were nice enough to offer that option! I did get one pen, a Pelikan, from Pengallery a few years back and the transaction went great.

Best of luck with your Pilot!

• 4 months later...

My experience with Pengallery has been excellent. They helpful, are efficient, offer competitive prices and ship the goods the same day.

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

It is poor form not to be told at time of ordering. Many sites list the stock situation or at least list if it is out of stock. Stick to Pendemonium or Pear Tree Pens. Never had such a problem with either as you can't order what they don't have or the web site tells you if it is out of stock.

Never a problem w/ Fountain Pen Hospital in New York City--been buying from them 15+ of my 22 pen-collecting years!

Never a problem w/ Fountain Pen Hospital in New York City--been buying from them 15+ of my 22 pen-collecting years!

Pengallery had dropped Auroras from their lineup as the local Aurora agent was a real PITA. So you won't find any links to Auroras on their website.

But I do know for a fact that they have a few pieces of Auroras left last time I checked out their B&M store - if you email and ask them they might sell to you at huge discounts to clear stock. Of course this depends on stock availability :P

Shahrin B)

Pengallery had dropped Auroras from their lineup as the local Aurora agent was a real PITA. So you won't find any links to Auroras on their website.

But I do know for a fact that they have a few pieces of Auroras left last time I checked out their B&M store - if you email and ask them they might sell to you at huge discounts to clear stock. Of course this depends on stock availability :P

I imagine that whatever they have is what is listed on their ebay store, which includes just three fountain pens.

I wonder whether higher prices have been an additional factor in dropping Aurora. It seems like even good discounters aren't able to give decent discounts on Auroras anymore, which to me indicates that Aurora may have seriously hiked its prices on its retail dealers and distributors.