The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jinhao Commemorative - Taizong

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SammyZadgan

SammyZadgan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:07

Edited by SammyZadgan, 13 January 2009 - 03:08.

Sponsored Content

#2 jd50ae

jd50ae

http://www.chaeyahne.net

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:19

A fine review.
I have never been disappointed with any Jinhao I have purchased, but it bugs the devil out of me how smooth the nibs are. I mean I love how smooth it is, its just why can't more expensive pens be as smooth. What is their secret?

#3 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:48

beautiful pen... love the look of the point/nib!!!! thanx for the review!

#4 Suggie

Suggie

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 19:49

I own a similar pen -- the Emperor Chin this time. Its a heavy affair, and the cap is difficult to remove, and difficult to post. All the same it writes like a dream, I've Aurora Black in it at the moment and this thick dark line simply pours out.

I've several Jinhao pens of various kinds and I haven't been disappointed with one yet -- all from GoToSchool and Chinese Pen Supplier on eBay.

Edited by Suggie, 13 January 2009 - 19:50.

#5 Silvermink

Silvermink

Texture Junkie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 20:08

The Jinhao commemorative pens' nibs are great - I just wish they'd mount them on same-sized-but-slightly-lighter bodies. Using my Long March as my main writer would eventually make me look like Popeye. smile.gif

Edited by Silvermink, 13 January 2009 - 20:09.

http://twitter.com/silvermink
Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

OMAS Italia '90 - Aurora Blue // Montblanc 14 - Visconti Purple

#6 ScottDA

ScottDA

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:21

Wait a second, are my eyes decieving me, or did you get that pen for $18?!?!?!

If that is the case, I don't think I will be able to resist!!!

-DAS

Edited by ScottDA, 14 January 2009 - 02:22.

#7 JinhaoMaster

JinhaoMaster

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:06

QUOTE (jd50ae @ Jan 12 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A fine review.
I have never been disappointed with any Jinhao I have purchased, but it bugs the devil out of me how smooth the nibs are. I mean I love how smooth it is, its just why can't more expensive pens be as smooth. What is their secret?

Jinhao is made up employees from huge companies, they wrok together to make that perfect pen thumbup.gif
http://fountainpenresource.blogspot.com/ PLEASE Visit!
Life is actually very simple, we just insist on making it complicated.

#8 SammyZadgan

SammyZadgan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:54

QUOTE (ScottDA @ Jan 14 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait a second, are my eyes decieving me, or did you get that pen for $18?!?!?!

If that is the case, I don't think I will be able to resist!!!

-DAS

yep $18...plus postage obviously...but here's the guy i bought it from if you want to go through him:

http://stores.ebay.c...se-Pen-Supplier

no affiliation...but a good seller...it says it will take about 2-3 weeks, but i got mine way under 2 weeks.

#9 andrewp182

andrewp182

Self-Proclaimed Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:59

Wait... I've seen that peen before.

But I forgot the name. It appears that Jinhao makes about 50 different names for every model and every single seller sells it under three totally different names.

#10 ThaIwan

ThaIwan

ThaIwan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 14:25

Very nice review. Jinhao makes great products. I bought a White Wave roller ball and fountain pen for actually too high a price from a shop selling mostly Mont Blanc knock offs but they had this original Jinhao set and it's really performing greatly both roller and fountain. You can 't really be buy the cat in the sack with them I believe....based on reading on the review and my own experience.

#11 SammyZadgan

SammyZadgan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:36

QUOTE (ThaIwan @ Jan 15 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice review. Jinhao makes great products. I bought a White Wave roller ball and fountain pen for actually too high a price from a shop selling mostly Mont Blanc knock offs but they had this original Jinhao set and it's really performing greatly both roller and fountain. You can 't really be buy the cat in the sack with them I believe....based on reading on the review and my own experience.

its day three using the pen, and i have experience flow problems...and skipping.

i have washed out the pen about 3 or four times with water. i have changed the ink from noodler purple martin to shaeffer script (which is my best behaving ink) but still have the same problems.

has anyone experienced this before? any suggestions?

#12 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:52

QUOTE (SammyZadgan @ Jan 15 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its day three using the pen, and i have experience flow problems...and skipping.

i have washed out the pen about 3 or four times with water. i have changed the ink from noodler purple martin to shaeffer script (which is my best behaving ink) but still have the same problems.

Odd that. My only problem with a Jinhao has been the ink not flowing out of the c/c, and every now and again I had to twist the pump to re-fill the feed.

Regards

Richard.

#13 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:04

QUOTE (SammyZadgan @ Jan 15 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Sam try washing out the convertor with either light soapy water or diluted amonia then give it a try I think you will find that solves the problem please advise if it does thanks. Bryan

#14 Clive Merrick Morel

Clive Merrick Morel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 00:53

You snagged a beautiful pen, Sam ... and for $18 (plus shipping... biggrin.gif )! It's hard to believe a pen like yours can even be made for such a small amount of $$$. Amazing.

Best of luck with your new Jinhao. thumbup.gif

Best Regards,

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel
. Please do not send PMs...
E-mail me: clivemmorel@earthlink.net

#15 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:41

QUOTE (SammyZadgan @ Jan 15 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Odd that. My only problem with a Jinhao has been the ink not flowing out of the c/c, and every now and again I had to twist the pump to re-fill the feed.

Regards

Richard.

Hi Richard, Oneill replying to your your problem you may remember that I have been associated with Jinhao/ Baoer same company for years and the only flow problems that I have been bothered with is the Convertor which
because of the way in which it is manufactured the convertors pick up OIL from the process which is used in the
manufacture of the convertor either Flush out thoroughly and I mean thoro then rinse several times may fix the
problem,I don't remember all of the names used years ago bit one of the black pens which has a gold sketch of a
figure was called The Archaic Saint from memory I hope that this was of help to you. Trust Me, Oneill

Sponsored Content

|