Hunting for old FPs in Kolkata, India - ramblings

rahulg

Next time I visit them, I will carry a camera to show the collection here and for someone willing to have those pens I can arrange to buy and send. Let me know after I post the photos.!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subbucal

• sanyalsoumitra

• Revolution

• Anirban4u

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to CPF today. The stocks were depleted, and the owner was courteous enough to admit that. He also recognized Rahul (OP) and talked a bit about him with great affection.

I picked up a Uni-Ball Jet stream (It'll be a gift sorta thing to a guy I know..) and a Maped Reload (Ok, it's sh*tty, but the refilling technique intrigued me.)

His new contact Number is +91 8902216283.

The other one at Eslanade will have to wait till my next visit to Kolkata.. :(

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

• 1 month later...

Once again paid a visit to the pen hospital today . Found a good collection of vintage pens as follows :

Airmail : 2 pens, mint condition new old stock, Rs 300/- each

Pilot 57 [?] : Rs 350/- [ The cap is totally scratch free well preserved, barrel end needs a bit of buffing

Shafer Lifetime Balance 300 with 14K gold nib [ 1935] , fully restored and working : Rs 1500/-

Pelican 120 , steel flex nib : good working condition , Rs 1500/-

Parker 45 flighter , all steel : good working condition Rs 500/-

Here is the link to the photos I uploaded :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1391686169__img_0016.jpg

I wish I had more money to spend. They are having some excellent watermans and pelicans available at present.

Hope you like the photos.

Best regards

Soumitra

Edited by sanyalsoumitra

For people looking for vintage pens, I have found out another good place from a collector friend. The shop is called sealdah Pen Hospital, located close to the sealdah flyover. The person name is S. Mazumdar/ cell no.9831837587. He has a lot of sheafers and watermans now in range of Rs 4500+. Sharing this info for Kolkata collectors.

For people looking for vintage pens, I have found out another good place from a collector friend. The shop is called sealdah Pen Hospital, located close to the sealdah flyover. The person name is S. Mazumdar/ cell no.9831837587. He has a lot of sheafers and watermans now in range of Rs 4500+. Sharing this info for Kolkata collectors.

Does he also carry old Indian Pens?

Does he also carry old Indian Pens?

No, apparently not. Because I went to him for same item, he said he is mainly dealing with those old sheafers and mb's etc. however if he gets some old Indian FP's, sells them as well. I was particularly looking for an Atrtex 120, he had sold 5/6 in the last week. in case you are interested in Airmail pens, the Esplanade pen hospital is currently having some nice new old stock items . each for rs 300/-.nice ones.

No, apparently not. Because I went to him for same item, he said he is mainly dealing with those old sheafers and mb's etc. however if he gets some old Indian FP's, sells them as well. I was particularly looking for an Atrtex 120, he had sold 5/6 in the last week. in case you are interested in Airmail pens, the Esplanade pen hospital is currently having some nice new old stock items . each for rs 300/-.nice ones.

Dear Sanyal da,

Did you try Artex Pen Mart (Flora Ball Pens Ltd) in 22, Bonefield Lane, 1st Floor, NS Rd for Artex 120? They are having 2or3 models, I get my Artex stock from there...They also deal with Flora & Bikash brand of FPs. tel No:-

Dear Sanyal da,

Did you try Artex Pen Mart (Flora Ball Pens Ltd) in 22, Bonefield Lane, 1st Floor, NS Rd for Artex 120? They are having 2or3 models, I get my Artex stock from there...They also deal with Flora & Bikash brand of FPs. tel No:-

The Artex Pens...current models..post-78981-0-56245300-1391698125.jpg

Would like to thank Rahul for sharing his journey to the old world charm of FPs in Kolkata.

Special thanks to Soumitra for capturing immense information excellent photo documentation of quite a rich collection

of Central Pen Hospital at Chowringee Road.

It was due to them I had headed for the place within a week of arrival at Kolkata.

Riyaz & Imtiyaz were wonderful persons who love their pens and also smilingly displayed their envious collection of

Parkers, Sheaffers, Pelikans and Crosses.

I had picked up a gold nibbed Parker 51, one of my faviourites and a 1976 Sheaffer Targa(Silver body 14K gold fine nib), the later one recommended by Riaz. Both are excellent performers.

There truly are a lot thats needs to be explored in this old shop.

Thanks Soumitro for sharing the details of Mr Mazumder.

Will pay him a visit shortly.

Last month a friend went to visit Kolkata, with a mission from me to track down some Indian pens, preferably ebonite eyedroppers, she went to the usual places but unfortunately did not find anything, so she bought a couple of Artex 1120 pens and two different Montex pens, the Artex is the same as the one in the middle of subbucal's picture, and writes surprisingly well. Too bad she's not much into fountain pens...

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

<< https://www.facebook.com/groups/kolkatapencollectors/ >>

Just started a facebook group at the address above. Requesting all Kolkata members to join in . All other friends from this forum are also cordially welcome to join in. Let us make this group a shared platform for sharing knowledge, experience and ideas. No more staying in isolation!

Please join in

Best regards

Soumitra

Edited by sanyalsoumitra

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got introduced to these people, in my observation the best stocked vintage pen shop in Kolkata, location - walking distance from Bankshal Court. Good stock, good product knowledge and good pricing. Pity I did not know, did any of you ? Here are the business cards pics. Happy shopping.

fpn_1393080715__img_0001.jpg

fpn_1393080758__img_0002.jpg

• 2 months later...

The Artex Pens...current models..attachicon.gifArtex.JPG

I'm looking for very inexpensive Indian FP.

Please suggest me Artex or any othel model name.

First I have to find this place in Kolkata first.

I tried few shops in Kolkata as well particular in College St.

But,only Parker(made in India) available.

And I don't like Chinese pen cos either may be overpriced in Kolkata or it must be fake.

And sadly can't but from ebay cos of of PayPal.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

I'm looking for very inexpensive Indian FP.

Please suggest me Artex or any othel model name.

First I have to find this place in Kolkata first.

I tried few shops in Kolkata as well particular in College St.

But,only Parker(made in India) available.

And I don't like Chinese pen cos either may be overpriced in Kolkata or it must be fake.

And sadly can't but from ebay cos of of PayPal.

In Kolkata yo will get Artex, Bikash, Flora, Pierre Cardin, Reynolds, Cello, Flair and Camlin everywhere apart from Parkers.

If you tell me which area you reide in, maybe can direct you to a store.