What's in store for the city series?

Stephen-I-am

Does anyone know what is in store for the city series? Currently we're on Piccadilly Circus -- mine came in today, Binderized to a 0.6 mm oblique cursive italic :).

Has the next pen been announced yet, and will the series eventually come to an end?

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephen-I-am

• Betty

• sonnenblume

• KCat

No word yet

Tim: The Music Pen Guy

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/images/pelikan_images/concerto.jpg

http://www.penmuseum.co.uk/images/pelog4.jpghttp://www.penmuseum.co.uk/images/pelog1.jpg

Pelikan Nest

I keep hoping for a Dublin. When Pelikan announces a pen celebrating any city in the Emerald Isle, my eyes will really smile. :rolleyes:

Mary Plante

I keep hoping for a Dublin. When Pelikan announces a pen celebrating any city in the Emerald Isle, my eyes will really smile. :rolleyes:

what would you like to see in a Dublin? Right away my mind says it must have green as a dominant color, right? Yes, it would probably appeal to me as well.

I want a Houston pen - swirls of bayou mud and smog-grey skies and a ribbon of concrete or asphalt racing around the barrel in all different directions and overlapping and... and right now we're in a drought so dead St. Augustine should be in the design somewhere. Maybe the cap?

And still I love this darn place.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but there seem to be only two variations of the M620 per year. So it maybe the next one will appear in the summer?

And to be precise, the latest M620 additions were no longer 'Cities' but famous 'Places'. Maybe a 'Red Square' as next one, or something like that?

Edited by saintsimon

Anyone know where to order most of the cities pens?

Ah, too bad the pen from my city isn't that great looking as some of the other cities pens :(

All I can find is the "Piccadilly Circus".

Edited by sonnenblume

They are limited editions, which means they are produced once and sold off with no further production planned. You can still sometimes find them though. I was able to find an Athens after a tip from a FPN member.

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

I found the one I want, but the price is okay but not great compared to the more widely available circus. Anyway I'll get it since I really want this one.

What ink catridge will fit these cities series pens? Any standard pelikan ink cartridge?

Hi,

The pen is a piston-filler, so no cartridges. Just think of it like some sort of syringe that works by twisting the cap at the end of the barrel.

Too bad I can't use the Cities series pens. :( I like the Berlin, but when I tried an M600 Pelikan, it was too big for my hands. :doh:

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• 4 weeks later...

I still need the following:

Chicago, Madrid, San Francisco, Athens, Stockholm, Berlin, and Shanghai

Any ideas on where I might find a reasonable deal on any of these?

(I already have the Piazza Navone, New York, Place De La Concorde, and Piccadilly Circus)

:drool:

Does anyone know what is in store for the city series? Currently we're on Piccadilly Circus -- mine came in today, Binderized to a 0.6 mm oblique cursive italic :).

Has the next pen been announced yet, and will the series eventually come to an end?

Stephen

You gotta review this pen! I've been really wanting a Piccidilly Circus with a Binder italic, but I'm not sure what mm yet. At first I was thinking about the .7mm, but now I see that he has 0.6mm too!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

You gotta review this pen!  I've been really wanting a Piccidilly Circus with a Binder italic, but I'm not sure what mm yet.  At first I was thinking about the .7mm, but now I see that he has 0.6mm too!

Hi Betty. It's in my hand right now. Can't you see it? :lol:

What can I say about it? It has those funky colors and silver trim. The pen size fits well in my hand. The normal Pelikan quality is all there. It's my second city series pen along with the Athens.

The nib is a 0.6mm left-foot oblique cursive italic (whew). I wanted an oblique italic since I like how easy it makes it to get thin diagnol lines when joining letters. This nib is very smooth and has great flow (currently being used with Noodlers black). I wanted an italic just a bit smaller than the 0.7 mm I got from him for my vanishing point. In fact, I'm awaiting a Conway Stewart 58 with a 0.6 mm stub from him, and I also requested it as an oblique as well.

I don't see that Richard offers 0.6mm cursive italic nibs as an in-stock option, but that just means that he doesn't usually keep them in stock. He has no trouble making them, and if you buy your pen from him he'll customize it right away and send it on out, so no waiting.

Why don't I send you that snail I've been promising with the blue ink samples, and I'll add a note with this pen too?

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

You gotta review this pen!  I've been really wanting a Piccidilly Circus with a Binder italic, but I'm not sure what mm yet.  At first I was thinking about the .7mm, but now I see that he has 0.6mm too!

Hi Betty. It's in my hand right now. Can't you see it? :lol:

What can I say about it? It has those funky colors and silver trim. The pen size fits well in my hand. The normal Pelikan quality is all there. It's my second city series pen along with the Athens.

The nib is a 0.6mm left-foot oblique cursive italic (whew). I wanted an oblique italic since I like how easy it makes it to get thin diagnol lines when joining letters. This nib is very smooth and has great flow (currently being used with Noodlers black). I wanted an italic just a bit smaller than the 0.7 mm I got from him for my vanishing point. In fact, I'm awaiting a Conway Stewart 58 with a 0.6 mm stub from him, and I also requested it as an oblique as well.

I don't see that Richard offers 0.6mm cursive italic nibs as an in-stock option, but that just means that he doesn't usually keep them in stock. He has no trouble making them, and if you buy your pen from him he'll customize it right away and send it on out, so no waiting.

Why don't I send you that snail I've been promising with the blue ink samples, and I'll add a note with this pen too?

Stephen

Awesome Stephen! Thanks in advance :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png