The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Has anyone tried a Danni Rabbit/Dannitu/Haleina?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 joeycoleman

joeycoleman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 21:07

For anyone that might be able to help: has anyone tried any of the pens that are marked as Danni Rabbit/Dannitu or Haleina? I've seen a few floating in the 'bay for cheap (and may grab one regardless), but I was hoping that someone had tried one first.

thanks,
--joey

Sponsored Content

#2 Melnicki

Melnicki

M.Melnicki

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:26

I got one (the red one, Dannitu 100). Just came last week (after the seller forgot to put it in the bubble envelope the first time!!)

I'm frustrated by medium nibs (sometimes even fines, depending on the paper, ink, pen, etc)... It seems to write rather smooth, has a solid, non-comb feed (is that ebonite?) has a snap-cap, the nib-portion does not stay screwed in too well to the rest of the body, it comes with a converter that works fine, the reddish fiery enamel is not too cheap looking (it looks "brushed" too), the jewel also has this enamel, which is nice matching, the clip's a bit tight, it shades well with Noodler's Tiananmen (okay, I matched colors of the ink with the pen! so sue me!). Actually on another write (on a different paper), it's odd: both scratchy and smooth at the same time, if you are able to imagine that... The scratchiness goes away on nicer papers, it seems, leaving it very very smooth (compared to other pens I've tried). The nib decorative carving is quite nice. I'll try to take some pictures in the coming days.

Bottom Line: I don't prefer it, and it will be one of the first for me to give to a friend. This is mainly because I prefer F and XF.

Suggestion: This might be a nice pen to introduce people to FP's, since I got it for quite cheap and it looks nice. But I think there are much better (though less handsome) cheapie pens out there... If Medium nibs are your thing, though... then this could be a nice one...

Edited by Melnicki, 18 April 2006 - 03:06.

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)
CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

#3 svj99

svj99

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 22:23

Hello joey,

altough I am new to the fountain pen world, I do have one, a Dannitu 119. The thing is that I can't find on any market, even on the Dannitu website (which is hard to navigate). :bonk: It works very good, though, and yes I have seen it floating around on the net. It is jet black execpt for some silver on the cap. Its a nice pen.

#4 LapsangS

LapsangS

Greetings from Finland

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:58

I have one. The red Dannitu 100 is one of the better performing pens in my collection. I would like to try this one: Dannitu 222

#5 joeycoleman

joeycoleman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:40

Well, I ended up getting a Haleina 002; I'm not entirely happy with it, but it was inexpensive, so I'm not disappointed. Stiffest nib I've ever seen, and the construction feels cheap.

I certainly wouldn't reccommend it; but perhaps I'll try a Dannitu one of these days.

--joey

#6 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:34

I have a Dannitu 100 (the red lacquer model) and it writes well for an inexpensive pen. I love the red colour of the pen and the leaping rabbit on the nib reminds me (and this is going back some years :blush: ) of the prize in Masquerade , the British picture book by Kit Williams from 1979 :rolleyes: I love his drawings... :)
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#7 hopiewh

hopiewh

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 20:57

Yes I actually do have a yellow Dannitu 222 (though the med. nib has had some fine tuning) it's not bad for a $20 pen, looks different and such. Overall I am rather pleased with it, does well for everyday kind of use in my opinion

#8 APPLEMAN

APPLEMAN

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:49

I bought a model 222 at the Toronto pen show and liked it so much that I ordered 4 more so I have the complete collection from www.ultra-collection.com

Great people to deal with

Chris Hughes
Appleman Pens
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

Photo's Of Past Pens
My Blog

Phone 912-376-7165

#9 playpen

playpen

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 00:17

I tried the site. I am being told Server not found. What's up with this site?

#10 Judybug

Judybug

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:22

I've tried www.ultra-collection.com several times today - unsuccessfully. Must be something wrong with their site. There is an Ultra Collection Store on E-Bay that sells these pens. Go here

http://stores.ebay.c...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Judybug
So many pens, so little time!

Posted Image

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

#11 playpen

playpen

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:23

Thank you Judy! Computers still amaze me and I don't think I will ever understand how I can sit here and ask a question and someone else, somewhere else sees it and can answer!! Sure beats me!

#12 UltraCollections

UltraCollections

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 16:39

Hello,

There was nothing worng with our site, a simple typo was what was wrong with the link, it is www.ultra-collections.com, the first link was missing the "s"
You may also get there by this link, www.uc-fountain-pens.com

Thanks

Darrell
Helping you collect!
www.ultra-collections.com
eBay ultra-collections
Fountain pens, and stuff

#13 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 6,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2006 - 19:30

Hello,

There was nothing worng with our site, a simple typo was what was wrong with the link, it is www.ultra-collections.com, the first link was missing the "s"
You may also get there by this link, www.uc-fountain-pens.com

Thanks

Darrell

Thanks for the website URL, Darrell. :)
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the black with white swirls Dannitu 222 from Ultra-Collections.

Edited by Maja, 09 September 2006 - 19:30.

#14 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 6,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:06

The Dannitu model 222 arrived from Ultra Collections and I am very pleased with it. For the price I paid for it on Ebay (less than $10 USD), I got an attractive pen that writes well. I like to post most of my pens (unless they are really long) and this one is fairly well-balanced when posted. It's jsut a little bit cap-heavy, but not so noticeable to me (my modern Sheaffer Balance has what I consider perfect balance when posted).

The Dannitu 222 has a Med nib (with a running rabbit on it! :bunny1: ) that I modified to something approaching a cursive italic, as I wanted some line variation.

Sponsored Content

|