Mont Blanc Starwalker Converter conversion

Bultaco

After reading Dawn's review of the Starwalker, I felt compelled to tell of the converter I found that fits my Starwalker 100 Ceramic - its from a Ferrari da Varese, and it fits perfectly. I filled it with Noodler's NI-BLUE, and it hasn't leaked a bit! Having no cartridges (none come with the pen), the only way I could write with my ceramic starwalker was to find a converter that fit. The nearest box that actually HAD a converter in it was my new Ferrari da Varese solid silver fountain pen.

So, for those who would rather not fuss with cartridges for their starwalkers, there IS a solution out there.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Classics

• asimplemaestro

• hollyuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the cool blue starwalker, the 100 year Diamond tipped Starwalker and the new A380 Airbus starwalker. Do you think this converter would fit these as well? Id try it. Perhaps you have a link where you found this converter?

Michelle

Edited by MichelleStClaire

Turn to the light, and the shadow will fall behind you.

www.PendoraPens.com

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip.

I'd also be interested in knowing where you got the convertor.

I assume the convertor simply pushed on the nipple?

Has anyone else found a convertor that fits?

Best,

Jeen

P.S. A photo of the convertor and a ruler would be great.

Edited by jeen

Newer style Montblanc convertors won't work since they thread in and the Starwalker family line doesn't incorporate threads in the nib section. I have in the past found that the convertors for Waterman will work in Montblanc pens, just like their cartridges do (not a perfect fit, but neve had any leaking issues...the Waterman fit a little tighter than Montblanc).

Michelle-

You said you have the Airbus A380 Starwalker...do you mean the new one with the light blue rubberized lacquer finish? You included it in the statement above with your fountain pens...you have a fountain pen of the A380? I was under the impression it was only made in the fineliner version at this time...but it would not be the first time my company has misinformed me! ;)

Mike

The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your whole life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

-Katsumoto (from the Last Samurai)

I have the cool blue starwalker, the 100 year Diamond tipped Starwalker and the new A380 Airbus starwalker. Do you think this converter would fit these as well? Id try it. Perhaps you have a link where you found this converter?

Michelle

a piston converter will not work because the converter as well as the 145 chopin have matching threads, the starwalker is only fitted for the fountain pen.

Not sure of this will help or not. I was very keen to get a converter for my Greta Garbo. I found the Bantam ones wouldn't fit - the metal at the bottom of the converter wouldn't let it sit properly and provide a close fit where it met the nib section (the GG pen has quite a small nib and therefore a small nib section). However I have found that the monteverde mini ink converter works just fine. It doesn't hold a lot of ink (especially as I have an OB nib!), but it does allow me to use my ink bottles. I just have to refill fairly often. If a cartridge fits, then so will this. It's a pretty low cost option for those of you living in the US - I had to pay postage to the UK which was more than the cost of the converters!

So if you can't find another better sized one, then this should do the trick.

I was very disappointed that the Bantam ones didn't fit - not only are they very attractive with their gold coloured finish, but they hold more ink as well.

I've resigned myself to refilling cartridges for my Mozart - the monteverde fits the nib section, but the barrel is too small to accomdate it.

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!

Had to order a couple of sacs and some other repair supplies from Pendemonium so I went ahead and got one of the Monteverde converters...update coming soon.

Had to order a couple of sacs and some other repair supplies from Pendemonium so I went ahead and got one of the Monteverde converters...update coming soon.

Great! Please let us know.

Classics

"Churn the Butter"

Thanks Holly.

How's that OB treating ya?

Jeen - it's really fabulous! I love it! You have to have the right writing angle to hit the sweet spot, but I tend to use this angle anyway which is why I chose this nib.

I'd quite like an OBB to try. I have a Lamy pen with a 1.9i Italic nib which I love to write with - so you can see I'm a big fan of large nibs. My writing tends to be quite large so I guess these large nibs suit me. I wish MB did an Italic nib or that we had a brilliant nibmeister in the UK.

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

Thanks Holly.

Jeen - it's really fabulous! I love it! You have to have the right writing angle to hit the sweet spot, but I tend to use this angle anyway which is why I chose this nib.

I'd quite like an OBB to try. I have a Lamy pen with a 1.9i Italic nib which I love to write with - so you can see I'm a big fan of large nibs. My writing tends to be quite large so I guess these large nibs suit me. I wish MB did an Italic nib or that we had a brilliant nibmeister in the UK.

Holly,

Glad the nib exchange worked out well. :clap1:

I tried a MB OB recently, and it was super nice. It's that or another B on my next one.

Enjoy!

Jeen

Thanks Holly.

Holly,

Glad the nib exchange worked out well. :clap1:

I tried a MB OB recently, and it was super nice. It's that or another B on my next one.

Enjoy!

Jeen

Jeen - I know a lot of people on the forum like F and XF nibs - if I use one it just looks like a spider has crawled across the page!

• 1 year later...

After reading Dawn's review of the Starwalker, I felt compelled to tell of the converter I found that fits my Starwalker 100 Ceramic - its from a Ferrari da Varese, and it fits perfectly. I filled it with Noodler's NI-BLUE, and it hasn't leaked a bit! Having no cartridges (none come with the pen), the only way I could write with my ceramic starwalker was to find a converter that fit. The nearest box that actually HAD a converter in it was my new Ferrari da Varese solid silver fountain pen.

So, for those who would rather not fuss with cartridges for their starwalkers, there IS a solution out there.

i found out Faber Castell converter works perfect with my starwalker 100 years special edition fountain pen.

perfect match , just go ahead grab one for your baby :P

post-48577-038483500 1284748947.jpg

• 1 month later...

i found out Faber Castell converter works perfect with my starwalker 100 years special edition fountain pen.

perfect match , just go ahead grab one for your baby :P

Who sells these? I just bought a black resin Starwalker :thumbup:

Adrian

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB