Comparative review: Aurora 88 versus Omas Arte Italiana

diplomat

Nice review.

Nice photos.

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diplomat

• PenFisher

• Bill Smith

• RedRob

As a follow-up. I began a quest for these two pens after being so intrigued by your review. Now, one month later, I have one of each on the way in to me, and I am looking forward to experiencing these fine pens first hand. Thanks again for a thoughtful, comprehensive review.

Splendid review. Insightful, thoughtful and well composed. And congratulations on your various milestones and FPN experiences. Bravo!

As a follow-up. I began a quest for these two pens after being so intrigued by your review. Now, one month later, I have one of each on the way in to me, and I am looking forward to experiencing these fine pens first hand. Thanks again for a thoughtful, comprehensive review.

Splendid review. Insightful, thoughtful and well composed. And congratulations on your various milestones and FPN experiences. Bravo!

Uh-uh: but that puts responsibility on me! :embarrassed_smile:

j/k: I am proud that my words ignited such a passion and long quest, especially when it's involved such an expert and pen lover (do not think that your recent pens sales on the marketplace went unnoticed!) like you are.

I hope you will enjoy yours specimen as I do with mine.

Please share with us your impressions once you have them.

Thanks and ciao,

Andre

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

• 4 years later...

I was about to buy the OMAS you reviewed in this post. I didn't even notice that it didn't have an ink window! Thank you for pointing this out. I consider an ink window (or someway to check your ink level) an absolute MUST for all fountain pens. I'm kind of known as the "pen guy" at work, and it would be pretty embarrassing to be in a meeting and have one of my "fancy" pens run out of ink.

Edited by n2o

The person with plentiful knowledge about fountain pens can write such a review. Although I prefer the smoothness of Omas than the control feeling of Aurora, the nib's QC of Omas is terrible.

• 10 months later...

Useful and very informative, plus a pleasure to read, thanks!

From what nibs.com says (and I know the measures of ink capacity sometimes are far off), the Omas seems to hold more ink than the Aurora.

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Nice analysis. In my experience i would add that Aurora is superior in QC and long term problem free writing.