LAMY - Positive Customer Service

chainwhip

So recently, I sent my Lamy 2000's in to get Nib exchanges.

I sent my stainless steel one in first and they noticed that there was a problem with the cap. This was something that had to go back to Germany so it would take about a month and a half - so, no biggie, send it back to the Fatherland!

My regular 2000 was sent in because the EF felt like a M - it came back earlier this week with a F that wrote like a F... The note that came back with this one said something to the effect that your pen was repaired and nib exchanged.

I just got my SS 2000 in (almost to the dot, a month and a half after they sent it to Germany) and on the note, it said "Pen replaced with new one".

:blink:

I checked the pen and sure enough, it's a friggin' brand new 2000 stainless steel pen! Now, I'm very pleased at getting a new out-of-run LE pen, but I think it would have been perfectly good for them to just repair the cap and send back my original pen...

Needless to say, I'm a happy customer - chalk one up on the Lamy loyalty sheet for me.

Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rak

• chainwhip

• Titivillus

• Bill D

Did they charge anything to change the nib?

Betty-

They only charged me $7.50 per pen (return postage). When you send it in for the nib exchange, it would be good to also include a writing sample (of the width you're looking for) and a description of the type of nib - according to the guy I talked to, there's a lot of "standard deviation" even within a particular sized nib.

For instance, the F Nibs vary widely and could put down a line like a EF to a M nib (in fact, my EF nib put down a line like a M nib). Here's the 411:

FiloFax Inc.

Attn: Bob Nurin, Lamy Repair

372 Danbury Road, Ste. 171

Wilton, CT 06897

Hope that helps!

Edited by chainwhip

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

They only charged me $7.50 per pen (return postage). 

Wow they wanted to charge me $45 for a nib exchange. to be precise:

The cost is $37.50 for a new nib, ink feed and gaskets plus $7.50 S/H for a total of 45.00.

Must be the person that you email decides on the price. Actually the cost of nib replacement is one reason I jettisoned the 2000 from my collection.

Kurt H

Edited by Tytyvyllus

Kurt-

I had read about your episode with LAMY and went into my nib exchanges with low expectations. I just wanted to share my experience (which exceeded my expectations by a large measure) and satisfaction - I truly feel for you as your encounter with LAMY was very different.

My pens were both relatively new so perhaps that's why they didn't charge me for the exchange? Regardless, I'm one happy camper.

:)

Kurt-

I had read about your episode with LAMY and went into my nib exchanges with low expectations. I just wanted to share my experience (which exceeded my expectations by a large measure) and satisfaction - I truly feel for you as your encounter with LAMY was very different.

My pens were both relatively new so perhaps that's why they didn't charge me for the exchange? Regardless, I'm one happy camper.

:)

I'm not trying to discredit your experience actual it give me hope for Lamy. I'm just trying to understand how 3 pens had such widely different costs andright now I cant :lol:

Kurt H

I am really glad to hear about this experience since I just sent off my Lamy 2000 for repair. It started leaking ink where the stainless steel meets the makrolon. Will let everybody know how things went.

Rak,

I am curious - how long have you been using your Lamy? I think I am about to order a Lamy 2000 - should I have concerns about the quality of this model?

Sean

I won a 2000 on eBay and the clutch ring was missing.

I sent it in and they replaced the ring and changed all the seals and gaskets for free (well for the price of shipping).

I got a note back: "Nice Nib!"

Sean,

I have had my Lamy for 7 months. Love the nib, very smooth. For the past several weeks, noticed droplets of ink coming from the section where the stainless steel meets the rest of the pen. It has been sent to Lamy for evaluation, I hope they can fix the problem. I do not know of any quality problems concerning Lamy's production of pens.

They only charged me $7.50 per pen (return postage). 

Wow they wanted to charge me $45 for a nib exchange. to be precise:

The cost is $37.50 for a new nib, ink feed and gaskets plus $7.50 S/H for a total of 45.00.

Must be the person that you email decides on the price. Actually the cost of nib replacement is one reason I jettisoned the 2000 from my collection.

Kurt H

Thanks Kurt, you sent it to a good home and believe it or not I am using it right as we speak!! I put in some Pilot Black ink and it flows like a champ. Too bad that you had that really crappy experience, hopefully it wont stop you from buying another Lamy. I am fully impressed with the Lamy 2000!!!

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• 4 weeks later...

My Lamy 2000 has returned from the Lamy service center and I have been using it for several weeks now. They did a fantastic job with a quick turn around time. The pen was sent back in a very nice padded envelope with the pen in a tube for further protection. No more leaking and the pen writes beautifully.