The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pelikano vs Lamy Safari

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:36

I have an AL-Star (1.1 italic) and a Safari (EF) as daily users, and do like them (along with my Schneider Base, a similarly robust pen, albeit with fewer nib choices available). With Diamine inks, and Lamy's own I've not had any problems with the Lamys seeming dry.

I bought my daughter a P480 Pelikano, like this one for her birthday, and was pleasantly surprised by it. I've not used it for long (she was too keen to get writing with the Diamine Turquoise she chose as its first ink) but the nib was nicely smooth, and the pen seemed a good size and weight to me. I certainly couldn't get away with using the pink model she chose at work though ;-)

Sponsored Content

#42 magnet

magnet

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 17:07

the more i read, the more i realize i need to buy a pretty expensive pen; as in, a week's wages and up (part time, min wage college worker, so thats not saying much). I may end up sticking to my Pilot Varsity, maybe a couple of Preppies sometime, and the Marvy "Le Pen" pen i have right now. I'm not even sure what to call it, it's the plastic-y felt-tip-style kind. But despite more resistance than with a fountain pen, it's line's thinner, and it's more controllable. But then again, I need the lesser resistance of a FP; but not too smooth, I need the texture. Darn it, reading this forum has made me start to become picky; a week ago, even, I would have been happy with anything.

How about a Noodlers Ink FP, in Fine? I don't like mine. I'm too lazy to sell it. You are a college student. I can remember when I was a college student, working too many hours(barely B) ) so I could afford something besides a Bic. Reply or not. If not, it goes into PIF.

Sponsored Content

|