Where are the Boxing Day sales for pens?

inkypete

Surprised that none of the online sellers has offered a 15 or 20% Boxing Day / New Year sale voucher - I'm hanging off ordering in anticipation but so far no takers. Come on James and friends - its voucher time!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• Woody

• momo

• Phthalo

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it is because many of the online sellers that frequent this board are located in the USA, which does NOT celebrate Boxing Day. If you know the names of dealers in countries that celebrate Boxing Day, I'd suggest going directly to their website to see if they're offering any Boxing Day specials.

Edited by Woody

Perhaps it is because many of the online sellers that frequent this board are located in the USA, which does NOT celebrate Boxing Day. If you know the names of dealers in countries that celebrate Boxing Day, I'd suggest going directly to their website to see if they're offering any Boxing Day specials.

Whether it is called Boxing Day or post Christmas sale or whatever, it is a traditional clearance time. Maybe I'm just being hopeful. Have checked most of the sites I know but nothing much happening.

Whether it is called Boxing Day or post Christmas sale or whatever, it is a traditional clearance time. Maybe I'm just being hopeful. Have checked most of the sites I know but nothing much happening.

Well, don't get too hopeful. I don't know how things are in your country, but in the USA, many of the after-Christmas sales you see, might be final sales, meaning the company will close its doors forever. A few months ago, a company called Linens and Things announced they were closing forever. Just recently KB Toys announced they too are closing forever. I'm not sure how many others will be announcing final sales before this year ends. Companies in various industries are dropping like flies with almost no end in sight. I just hope our favorite pen sellers can weather this storm.

Well, don't get too hopeful. I don't know how things are in your country, but in the USA, many of the after-Christmas sales you see, might be final sales, meaning the company will close its doors forever. A few months ago, a company called Linens and Things announced they were closing forever. Just recently KB Toys announced they too are closing forever. I'm not sure how many others will be announcing final sales before this year ends. Companies in various industries are dropping like flies with almost no end in sight. I just hope our favorite pen sellers can weather this storm.

Thank you for your comments Captain Serious! Times are tough here too with plenty of businesses going under with the world economic crisis but many are also fighting back with the big post christmas sales. Just being hopeful I suppose.

Surprised that none of the online sellers has offered a 15 or 20% Boxing Day / New Year sale voucher - I'm hanging off ordering in anticipation but so far no takers. Come on James and friends - its voucher time!

I'm with you inkypete... c'mon boxing day sales!

To the best of my knowledge, Pen Gallery is the only vendor who has had a sale tied specifically to "Boxing Day". Every year on Dec 26 they send out an e-mail announcing the sale.

The major U.S. vendors (Fountain Pen Hospital, Joon, World Lux, etc.) have been bombarding my e-mail box with sale announcements for the last two months. I doubt they will lower their prices any further.

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

I think one of the big differences is that here in Canada (and presumably, Australia), we have our big sales *after* Christmas (on Boxing Day...which has become Boxing Week in recent years :rolleyes: ), whereas in the U.S, the biggest shopping day seems to be well *before* Christmas---ie. the Friday after U.S. Thanksgiving....

The timing of the U.S. sale seems more apt, vis-a-vis gift-giving in December...

Oh, and no, I haven't seen any Boxing Day pen store sales here in Vancouver..probably because I haven't used the car since last Saturday (snow storms :( ) ...

Edited by Maja

Hi

Was at Myer at lunch time today and they have a 30% off all pens sign. I think they have Lamys, Shaeffers, Parkers and Watermans. So if you're interested, go check them out.

MM

Someone was listening!

Pendemonium have a big sale across their range - just got the email. If you're not a subscriber to their email newsletter go and sign up. Great company with excellent service - and at the moment at least 20% off.

Good discount but so little stock. Whats up with Pendemonium and Lamy? Had no stock for a while now.