Danitrio Mae West

Doug C

After contacting Danitrio, they searched their warehouse to see if there are still any Mae West lying around and they were actually able to find some and will send me what they found. I have no idea what colors I am getting or what condition these are in, but will keep everyone updated (not here, but at Market Place)

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doug C

• winedoc

• Lloyd

• QM2

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear there are still some around! It's a beautifully shaped pen... I think the name was appropriately chosen. :D

What kind of finishes do you think the extra stock will come in?

~Gary

I was told these are urushi in different colors.

Best,

kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

........ They will not be able to consider any custom pens until after Feb at this time. This does not impact current custom orders already placed.

Best,

kevin

:clap1:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

After contacting Danitrio, they searched their warehouse to see if there are still any Mae West lying around and they were actually able to find some and will send me what they found. I have no idea what colors I am getting or what condition these are in, but will keep everyone updated (not here, but at Market Place)

Kevin

Let me just conjecture that, if there are any of them left at a reasonable price, they will sell in an iota of the time that most pens do. They are truly beautiful pens.

FPN'ers, trust me on this, this pen will be one of the most prized pens in your collection. It has a great feel, and with Winedoc's superior service, you can be sure that it will also be one of the best writers in your collection.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Kevin

Let me just conjecture that, if there are any of them left at a reasonable price, they will sell in an iota of the time that most pens do. They are truly beautiful pens.

FPN'ers, trust me on this, this pen will be one of the most prized pens in your collection. It has a great feel, and with Winedoc's superior service, you can be sure that it will also be one of the best writers in your collection.

Thanks a LOT Doug,

I sell you one pen and you drum up a revival before I'll be able to save the $$$ to buy one in the reddish urushi.

There's a reason they were popular the first go-around, and I'm glad more people will be able to own one.

Me too hopefully,

gary

Kevin

Thanks a LOT Doug,

I sell you one pen and you drum up a revival before I'll be able to save the $$$ to buy one in the reddish urushi.

There's a reason they were popular the first go-around, and I'm glad more people will be able to own one.

Me too hopefully,

gary

Out of respect, I didn't mention Gary as the seller of this pen (actually I didn't buy it but stole it at the price he was offering).

So if Kevin finds more, including one in red, Gary will have the chance to pay a 50-75% premium to buy back the pen he sold me. Still well worth it since it is a great pen. And Kevin (aka Winedoc) might be able to persuade them to bring this style back. I even think it would look great with a clip.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Can you post the cap on these pens?

The Mae West?

Yes you can. You actually can on most of the Danitrio's, but if they are eyedroppers, it doesn't make sense, since they require that you open the tail (blind cap), and it wiggles around.

This doesn't apply to the Mae West's since they are cartridge/converter pens....

the Danitrio Fellowship

So if Kevin finds more, including one in red, Gary will have the chance to pay a 50-75% premium to buy back the pen he sold me. Still well worth it since it is a great pen. And Kevin (aka Winedoc) might be able to persuade them to bring this style back. I even think it would look great with a clip.

Doug,

I'd buy the Mae West back, except I just bought a bridge in someplace called Brook Linn.

But seriously Doug, did you get one of the twelve that blew out the door on PT Marketplace?

As I suspected, they went before I could replenish my pen funds.

Kudos for starting the revival. I'm just glad I could get a Milord Wild before they're all gone.

gary

Thanks to everyone who posted the excellent photos. This is an opportunity for me to learn more about these pens as well as the different ways they can be made.

Doug,

I'd buy the Mae West back, except I just bought a bridge in someplace called Brook Linn.

But seriously Doug, did you get one of the twelve that blew out the door on PT Marketplace?

As I suspected, they went before I could replenish my pen funds.

Kudos for starting the revival. I'm just glad I could get a Milord Wild before they're all gone.

gary

No Gary. Yours (oops, I mean mine) is the only one I own right now.

Glad to hear about the Milord. I have an Arco Milord, and it is one of my favorite pens.

the Danitrio Fellowship

gary wrote:

" ... But seriously Doug, did you get one of the twelve that blew out the door on PT Marketplace?

As I suspected, they went before I could replenish my pen funds."

:crybaby: :crybaby: I blinked! I snoozed and I loozed! QM2 got one and did a lovely review here recently. Heck! Drat! Danged! Gosh darnit! :crybaby: :crybaby:

Edited: Oops! QM2 posted a writing sample with her Mae West on the Japanese pen forum.

Edited by FrankB

gary wrote:

" ... But seriously Doug, did you get one of the twelve that blew out the door on PT Marketplace?

:crybaby: :crybaby: I blinked! I snoozed and I loozed! QM2 got one and did a lovely review here recently. Heck! Drat! Danged! Gosh darnit! :crybaby: :crybaby:

Edited: Oops! QM2 posted a writing sample with her Mae West on the Japanese pen forum.

Since misery enjoys company, let me cry along with you... :crybaby: :crybaby:

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

gary wrote:

Since misery enjoys company, let me cry along with you... :crybaby: :crybaby:

Frank, Lloyd,

You're making me feel bad. Send me your addresses, and I'll ship mine off to one of you. If you don't get it, you'll just need to trust me and assume that it went to the other address...

:unsure:

the Danitrio Fellowship

Frank, Lloyd,

You're making me feel bad. Send me your addresses, and I'll ship mine off to one of you. If you don't get it, you'll just need to trust me and assume that it went to the other address...

I simply couldn't accept it for free. I'll give you a lovely bridge in downtown Brooklyn in exchange.

Oscar Wilde

Frank, Lloyd,

I simply couldn't accept it for free. I'll give you a lovely bridge in downtown Brooklyn in exchange.

Now you're just trying to trick me. I know for a fact (see a few posts above) that Gary now owns that bridge....

the Danitrio Fellowship

Frank, Lloyd,

Now you're just trying to trick me. I know for a fact (see a few posts above) that Gary now owns that bridge....

I never said which bridge from Brooklyn I'd give you. It is, in fact, a lovely bridge from the dentures of one Ms. Minnie Moscowitz.

Oscar Wilde

I got a red Mae West as one of my "holiday pens" during winedoc's insane sale (which I believe sold out within 1 hour?)

The nib is a flexi stub, and I posted samples here for anybody interested.