Greetings Friends

MLKirk

Hi all

I'm new to the FPN but not so new collector. Been at it a few years slowly spooling up to fever level. Been a Sumgai a few times due to heavy travel throughout the U.S. setting aside time for antiquing & flea marketing wherever I go.

I am enjoying learning how to work on pens from all aspects. Just learning new stuff all the time and trying to figure out how far I want to go in the repairing & restoring end of it. Currently working on building up my tool and equipment supply. Of course, the very first thing to get was "Da Book".

The blue P-51 is one of my sumgai's a while back. See you in the postings!

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Memberhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/bps_pin_2013_zps75ed3895.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/pca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chad234

• MLKirk

• Larry T

• James P

Oh, and I almost forgot to post one of my recent sumgai's. Here it is....a Striped Duofold Demi set dated 4th quarter 1940. Enjoy.

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Memberhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/bps_pin_2013_zps75ed3895.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/pca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png

Hello from one Mike to another! Glad you found us and signed up!

You've got some nice pens there. Tinkering with repair is fun, although at times it can by very trying. Nice to see that there are still sumgais to be found. Perhaps one day you'll show us the rest of your pens.

See you around.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

...Been a Sumgai a few times due to heavy travel throughout the U.S. setting aside time for antiquing & flea marketing wherever I go.

NOW I know who that sumgai is that beats me out at those flea markets on the road! And another Michiganian to boot. Oh, the horror, the horror.

:P

Welcome.

Bill

Hi Mike,

I'm in Eastpoine MI. Welcome to FPN, lots of good people here. Have you visited Pam Braun's store yet?

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Larry

No, I haven't visited Pam Braun's store.

Do you have the name/location?

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Mike, she is in Oak Park. This is the info from her website www.oscarbraunpens.com :

Pam Braun.

Oscar Braun

15075 W. Lincoln Suite 111

Oak Park, MI 48237

(248) 968-5858 phone

pamelakbraun@aol.com

I was just over there Friday afternoon, picked up a Pelikan M200 in translucent blue with an xf nib, and a bottle of Namiki blue ink. Pam has the best prices around, but I still seem to spend a lot of money there. :blush: I'll PM you driving directions.

Larry

Welcome from another Michigander!!

Pam is great, though everytime I visit her I spend more than I had intended. Such is life. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike -

Seems that the Michiganders are coming out in force to greet you, so let me add my own voice to the chorus.

Welcome from Ann Arbor!

I'm still not sure whose name was subject to more jokes and gags as a kid - yours or mine :D

James Partridge

And no, my mom does NOT drive a bus!

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

James,

I lived in A2 for four years (Undergrad at M), great town. I am there every weekend to visit my in-laws. I noticed you are a dealer, do you have a retail store or online only?

Hi Chad,

Ann Arbor IS a great town - and this comes from someone who's not even a native Michigander.

My pen shop is online only - for now. I hope one day to own a brick and morter business and sell pens full-time. For the moment, I'm a pen enthusiast looking to become more involved in the business side of things. This enables me to offer great prices (often as good as or better than that other seller mentioned here and I take paypal and - soon - credit cards), and great customer service.

However, even without a brick and morter store, I still make an effort to see customers face-to-face. I may just be the only remaining pen salesperson who makes house calls! I've been known to bring a case full of pens to a customer's place, but more often we meet for coffee somewhere. I bring pens, paper and ink and we test pens and talk.

Next time you're in Ann Arbor, give me a call - we could meet at Zingerman's, Sweetwaters, or some other convenient place. I'll bring pens and ink and we can have a mini pen show.

James Partridge

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

• 2 weeks later...

Hello James! It's nice to see a fellow Michigander on here that appreciates vintage pens. I have a softspot in my heart for vintage Sheaffers, especially the Snorkels and Touchdowns.

I really think we need our own pen show in the Ann Arbor area. Moreover, the Michigan Pen Collectors often have meetings in the area that are interesting to attend. Someday, I will have to show up at one of their meetings and see what it's all about.

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."