• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GARY UK

• rowdy

• Chazzozz

• CarolinaWriter

Townsend. :thumbup:

Oh, yes! I have five of them in various nib sizes. I'm thinking of reducing my pen collection by selling a few pens - but I will NOT be selling any of my Townsends!

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

Townsend. :thumbup:

Oh, yes! I have five of them in various nib sizes. I'm thinking of reducing my pen collection by selling a few pens - but I will NOT be selling any of my Townsends!

Judybug

+1

i have never been interested in any other cross then the sterling Townsend i have (except for maybe another T).

/m

Power to the peaceful (Michael Franti)

Pouch Partners:

Pilot VP Kasuri (m) & Sailor Red Brown

Pelikan M415 (B) & Pelikan Black Brown mix

Oh yeah, the Cross Sterling Silver Townsend all the way. Amazing pen.

(QM2, who claimed at the start of the thread that Cross is not her thing--now has 3 of them--wants more Cross pens. This company has won us over.)

Um... Yes, I admit it. Where we live, many Cross pens have been available on clearance when the Cambridge Mass store was going out of business. So we decided to give them a try. I now have a blue selenium Verve and 2 sage green ATXs, and they are all amazing writers; I am really impressed. But MDI's sterling silver Townsend is probably my favourite, because of its classic vintage looks.

Does anybody know what's the filling system on the 150th Anniversary pen -- Just CC, or something special?

The Verve in Selenium Blue.

Failing that, my Townsend Medalist.

What an Oxford tutor does is to get a little group of students together and smoke at them. Men who have been systematically smoked at for four years turn into ripe scholars... A well-smoked man speaks and writes English with a grace that can be acquired in no other way.

I have several Cross fountain pens and love all of them but my favorite is the Cross Townsend citris fine point. Looks great and writes great. It is a pen I could use every day.

In all of the brand's history what pen would you choose to write with forever. Not the most expensive one or the one with the greatest signifigance but the pen that you would use daily.

Curious,

Kurt

For me it would be my Townsend 18Kt GF ball point pen which I use every day at work. I started out my career 20 years ago with a Cross Century Classic 14Kt gf ballpoint pen which I got as a graduation gift. This beautiful and elegant pen, which I still have to this day with all the numerous dents and scratches accumulated over the years, I think gave me a little more confidence in my career. The high quality and elegance of this pen kind of inspired me to aim for similar excellence in my own career. Last year I retired the Century pen and replaced it with the beautiful and luxurious Townsend which I use every day now. It accompanies me everywhere. I have a Sterling Silver Townsend fountain pen to go along with it too.

In all of the brand's history what pen would you choose to write with forever. Not the most expensive one or the one with the greatest signifigance but the pen that you would use daily.

Curious,

Kurt

I have a GF Cross century 2 selectip pen made in Ireland that is the most reliable daily user and a Townsend also with 14ct M nib. My fave is my Cross Art Deco vintage FP and P set with packard emblems c 1938

Best

Gary

www.funwhenyoudrum.com

Mine at the monent is a Agopee, Staccato finish, F. I Had a Century years ago that I lost :crybaby: I loved that pen! My first real FP.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/treehuggers-pics/Fountain%20Pens/P4040022.jpg

My Burgundy Pinnacle.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/sexauerw/CrossPinnacleBurgundy.jpg

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

The Cross Solo, M nib. I presently own a green one with gold trim -- though I'm on the hunt for a red one. It's lightweight, writes really well, and generally pleases me all around.

What do you like about your Cross Verve in selenium blue apart from the colour, which is -I grudgingly admit- the most beautiful color of them all.

I've never written with a Cross Verve, because I'm still waiting for the delivery of the first one I've ever bought.

And if my ways are not as theirs- Let them mind their own affairs. A.E. Housman

Got to be my classic black Century II, I can even admit I have on more than one occasion taken it over a venerable Parker 51

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

• 1 month later...

Century II - Someone very kindly gifted me one, and I fell in love with it. Now I just bought another in Blush. Butthe nibis definitely not as good as the first one.

My Titian Red Apogee is proving to be an interesting writing companion; whether I gets any buddies in the form of a Century II or ATX remains to be seen...

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know what's the filling system on the 150th Anniversary pen -- Just CC, or something special?

Straight cartridge/converter.

The closest I've came to owning one of these is the sterling BP version. They are beautiful pens.

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

Curious,

Kurt

my beloved century medalist

... one that stays out of my field of vision (sorry!)

hi, greetings from México. Dont be sorry, that is the wisest statment I ever read in FPN, beauty interferes in a manner I dont know....¿gestaltic? ¿subliminal?... I just woulndt write with a Caran de ache of 250000 dollars or a golden jinhao of ten dollars (belive me, it is extremely beautiful with its dragon clip with two red stones in the eyes). I have 47 nor expensive

fountain pens, lamy safaris, parker 45, esterbrooks,parkers 21 and 45, Sheaffers (thanks Tom, from my favorite pen) ,horses with no names (especialy chiness), but I dont write with them,they are beatiful,.. whenever I write I took a gray almost invisible pilot varsity( lots of ink,and inexpensive quality). God, if only the japanese maket with a fine or xfine point (ink tends to expand) and treads to unscrew, refill, and screw again it would be wonderful.