What is your favorite Cross?

Titivillus

In all of the brand's history what pen would you choose to write with forever. Not the most expensive one or the one with the greatest signifigance but the pen that you would use daily.

Curious,

Kurt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GARY UK

• rowdy

• Chazzozz

• CarolinaWriter

well, it has to be my Cross Century II with the customised broad italic nib....

MM

@leoniethomas18

It's the only Cross fountain pen I've got - my Radiance with a medium nib. It's a really smooth writer, doesn't give me problems.

Pens in Rotation:

Parker 51 Aerometric, somewhere between XF and F

Parker 45 Flighter, F nib

Sheaffer Agio, F nib

Sheaffer Snorkel, M5 nib

Sailor Lecoule, F nib

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

The 150th anniversary in sterling silver :wub:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_5495.jpg

My 20 year old chrome century I ballpoint. It has been with me for many promotions, house closings, college courses and countless business meetings. Although I use a fountain pen for most of my writing my old chrome cross is always in my breifcase. The chrome dot on the top fell off a few years ago and there is some serious brassing evident but along with the scratches and dings every time I twist this faithful companion into action I am reminded of our many travels together.

Lamy Safari Red Medium

Lamy Safari Yellow Fine

Parker 45

Cross Solo Classic

Shaeffer (? my gradeschool pen 1963)

Eversharp Skyline Demi (fathers pen/pencil from WWII)

My 20 year old chrome century I ballpoint. It has been with me for many promotions, house closings, college courses and countless business meetings. Although I use a fountain pen for most of my writing my old chrome cross is always in my breifcase. The chrome dot on the top fell off a few years ago and there is some serious brassing evident but along with the scratches and dings every time I twist this faithful companion into action I am reminded of our many travels together.

I started my post-education life with a chrome Classic Century, too. It was also my first Cross pen.

Here's the story:

At the beginning of my final year of university, the school's business faculty would arrange for information sessions with the big four accounting firms (I'm an accountant). Everyone at these gatherings were expected to dress and act professionally. So, as part of my "professional attire", I decided to go out and grab myself "one of those thin silvery pens". I looked all around for them, and finally I found the Lustrous Chrome Classic Century. I knew that it was what I wanted, before I even knew what "Cross" was.

The pen, although cheap relative to some of the classier pens, wowed a lot of people - even some of the high-powered partners of these huge firms. It was also the most reliable of them all - my friends' plastic pens would fail on them after a little while.

Sadly, I've lost my original chrome Classic Century, and many more, since then. However, on a lighter note, in 3 short years, my Cross arsenal has over 24 pens and pencils in it.

My favourite pen now (it was my second Cross ever) is the ATX with a medium nib.

Edited by Cross Contamination

It would have to be the ATX. I have four of them and at least one is always in my daily rotation.

I have an ATX in Victoria Purple waiting under the tree for me...I hope it will become a daily favorite. Come on Christmas!

I really like my Cross Matrix. I keep it in my purse and it's the easiest one to grab to sign a CC receipt, write a check, etc. The ink dries fairly fast and the stylus end is handy for my PDA and for punching holes in the top of choclate milk bottles so that my three year old daughter can drink it with a straw. :embarrassed_smile:

Connie

I blog... HouseWife with a Day Job

I really like my Cross Matrix. The ink dries fairly fast and the stylus end is handy for my PDA and for punching holes in the top of choclate milk bottles so that my three year old daughter can drink it with a straw. :embarrassed_smile:

There has to be a design engineer somewhere at Cross who would be chuckling all day if he read that. Connie maybe

someday your daughter will have to have a FP from all the times she saw Mommie write pretty with her "chockie

milk opener upper". :thumbup:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

For me, that's not an easy question. (Seems ALOT of FP questions don't have "easy" answers...)

For sheer functionality AND being a nice looking pen, it would probably be my Blue ATX.

However, if you said it would be The Only Cross I could use, then I'd have to go with either my

14kt Classic I or II. Not only do they write soooo well, but me, I have to stop every now and then and

just marvel at just how beautiful of a pen they are. Between those two, it's almost impossible for me to pick.

The II fits my hand better, but the oh so very Classic, understated lines of the I are also very hard to resist.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

There has to be a design engineer somewhere at Cross who would be chuckling all day if he read that. Connie maybe

someday your daughter will have to have a FP from all the times she saw Mommie write pretty with her "chockie

milk opener upper". :thumbup:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

:roflmho: Someday is here already - she has an affinity for my pens. I have even tried give her one hubby's cheapo rollerballs - no dice!

Edited by cabarbour

Connie

I blog... HouseWife with a Day Job

• 1 month later...
well, it has to be my Cross Century II with the customised broad italic nib....

MM

I have an ART DECO vinatge c1938 FP and P set with Packard clips that is my fave. It has a 14ct F semi flex nib smoothed by John M :o)

Gary UK

www.funwhenyoudrum.com