Montblanc Oscar Wilde LE-review

goodguy

this is only MBs third WE and an important part of MBs WE evolution of design.

I must say this pens barels color is very different then any other pen MB made.

Respect to all

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• Michael R.

• QM2

• Ghost Plane

this is only MBs third WE and an important part of MBs WE evolution of design.

I must say this pens barels color is very different then any other pen MB made.

If you ever decide you find a FINE nib version of this pen and would sell it, then let me know.

It looks lovely and I adore the B stubby- type nibs

Thank you for your review.

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Somebody gave me an Oscar Wilde LE pen and pencil set - but without the box or any documentation.

But I am not sure if it is genuine or a reproduction set.

I have read somewhere that each genuine MB LE pen and pencil has a unique registration number to guarantee authenticity.

But I can't find any numbers on mine.

Can somebody tell me where I should be looking?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

i was very happy to receive my oscar wilde in the mail yesterday, sourced from a live auction down in florida (one that accepted online bids from halfway around the world). here's how it looked like then:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll296/penmanila/photo_zps6cc646ee.jpg

perhaps because the pen looked old and heavily tarnished, it didn't get too much interest at the auction (which was going on at the same time as the big bonham's pen auction), so i was able to pick it up for my top bid of $450, plus the usual 18% buyer's premium--still quite a bit below retail.

of course i ran the risk of the pen having some issues--i wasn't even sure from the pic if it still had a second cap band--and sure enough, when the pen arrived, the piston was stuck, and it wouldn't take in or expel any ink. thankfully, i solved both problems. the nib is a lovely medium (which i've semi-stubbed and smoothened) and i've loaded the pen with one of my favorite inks, R&K sepia, which seems to go very well with the pen's whole antiquish look (i love the minimalist simplicity of the clip and its contrast with the crazy-cut marbling of the barrel).

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5471/11965471716_d2302f9a51_c.jpg

my daily go-to pen is an agatha christie, and it will remain so, but the wilde will be a great backup. i was glad to find that the wilde is just as substantial as the agatha--and that they make a fine pair. here are some shots i took with my phone during an idle moment at a meeting this morning:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3723/11973871744_c316490457_c.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2861/11973468285_f534f1841e_c.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7431/11974507873_e257292874_c.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/11974281166_73719a35df_c.jpg
Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens