• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Onion

• zxc

• Johnny Appleseed

• lovemy51

Is the ebonite feed poking out of the back of the nib section or is it pushed into the nib?

I think if it has been damaged and pushed into the nib is can cause leaking, apart from that I can't really think of anything else.

I've tryed to demonstrate what I mean using ArtPad (you might wanna skip to the end)

Creative Use of Artpad

I've also heard advice of pushing the nib (including the black bit at the back of it) into the nib section because it may be off slightly and sometimes it clicks into place but I don't know if this works as I've never tried it.

Edited by zxc

• 2 years later...
I got a couple of Walitys yesterday and one was an eyedropper. This pen leaks ink from the nib ventilator hole... any ideas on how to stop the leaking?

I have tried putting teflon tape on the threads... didn't work.

A few things I would check for:

After rinsing out the section thoroughly and drying it to remove all water, look through the back of the section, holding against a bright light like from a torch. You should be able to see only a small shaft of light from the air channel on feeder. If you see any circumferential light leak, then it might mean that the nib and feed are nor set properly or set deep enough. At your own risk, firmly pull out the nib and feed, wash and floss the feed if necessary, align them to each other outside and then carefully insert the aligned nib-feed into the section while rotating the section slightly to find the "set" that the section had taken due to previous insertion. Once the previous position is found, the nib-feed will slide in with less friction. Now push the nib-feed into the section as far as it will go without relative motion between the nib and feed, this should be done carefully while holding the nib-feed across the flat portion. When the nib feed are removed, you may also inspect the section to rule out any cracks or manufacturing defects leading to a leak.

After inserting the nib-feed satisfactorily, you may check for tine alignment and then apply silicone grease on section threads. The pen should be good now.

Best,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I have tried all of the above-listed hints over the past few years to get my Wality eyedropper to stop burping. It has been discussed here a lot, you could try a search. I even converted mine to a cartridge pen as I like the nib so much. No luck, it still burps. I tied fitting an Esterbrook unit in the pen and it still burped. I do not think there is a way to fix these, it is some kind of design flaw. But I wish you luck.

The Danitrio Fellowship

I replaced the feed of mine with a feed from a Sheaffer Cartridge pen and it has been just fantastic.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

i had problems in the past with both 69 L and T models, until i switched the nibs. the 69l piston filler went to the 69t ED and viceversa... now they don't leak and they work great!!!