The South West Pen Show 2009 - Bristol UK

ianpwilliamson2

Work have changed my rota and I now have to work on the 21st :crybaby: I may be able to come for a little while in the morning before work, but it has rather messed up my plans.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ianpwilliamson2

• rogerb

• mucephei

• I am not a number

Work have changed my rota and I now have to work on the 21st :crybaby: I may be able to come for a little while in the morning before work, but it has rather messed up my plans.

Hi misterh, the show is on Sunday 22nd. - not the 21st!! Try and make it.

Regards

Ian

Hi misterh, the show is on Sunday 22nd. - not the 21st!! Try and make it.

Regards

Ian

Thanks for the correction Ian - I knew that really, not enough caffeine today! - I am working all weekend unfortunately, but will try and make it, even if it is only for a couple of hours.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Carol! (theres a song in there somewhere) You've got to be there! If you're not going - I'm not going! Whoops, I forgot - I've got to be there - I'm organising it! Do you know Cas, I haven't been to a pen show for years that you haven't been at - it just won't be the same without you, please try and get there.

Regards

Ian

That day is our 7th wedding anniversary :wub: and we're away that weekend.........besides, it's only been 2 years that I've been going to shows....I'm sure you'll remember 'how it used to be'! :D

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Carol! (theres a song in there somewhere) You've got to be there! If you're not going - I'm not going! Whoops, I forgot - I've got to be there - I'm organising it! Do you know Cas, I haven't been to a pen show for years that you haven't been at - it just won't be the same without you, please try and get there.

Regards

Ian

That day is our 7th wedding anniversary :wub: and we're away that weekend.........besides, it's only been 2 years that I've been going to shows....I'm sure you'll remember 'how it used to be'! :D

Were those the pre sloe gin days?

Happy anni :)

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Well, this time next week the first ever South West Pen Show will be over and we'll be getting ready for the Northern :thumbup:

We've got a good range of dealers coming along including two of the UKs foremost Conway Stewart experts, Sarj and the Sarj Army will be with us. Laurence Oldfield of Pen Repair book fame and John Sorowka (I am NOT a Nibmeister ;) ) will be there to share their technical expertise, I'm sure that Laurence will be bringing copies of THE Pen Repair book for sale ( I hope so, because I've run out of stock :gaah: ) and John will have some of his big Indian eye droppers with him. Brian Toynton and Charles Whitehead will be with us along with MK Pens, Retro 51, Mike Selway, Graham Hogg, Worcester Pens (will Brian have his new piston filler????), W.E.S. and of course me (Cathedral Pens) and my partner in crime Jeremy Collingridge so you'll have plenty of pens to play with and hopefully buy! Along with pens I'll have the Waterman book (Max Davis & Gary Lehrer) and the Mabie in America book (David Moak) Ann will of course be there with the Diamine ink complete, no doubt, with inky fingers!

I'll be in the Hilton bar from around 7:00pm (hopefully) on Saturday so hopefully a few of us can get together for a drink etc. Let me know if you'll be there on the Saturday evening.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week and lets hope that the new entry badges work so we'll all spot one another!!

Regards

Ian

Well, I hope to be there on Sat evening, Ian.

I have even put up a photo on my avatar to help identify me!!

(It's a coupla years old, as I cannot figger how to reduce more current ones to an acceptable size!)

Sorry to hear Carol's news... we will miss her!

Looking forward to seeing you there Roger, I'll wear something fountain pennish! :W2FPN:

Regards

Ian

Never let a pen come between a wife and husband! Carol, I do remember 'how it used to be' - AND IT JUST AIN'T THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!! See you at the Northern and have a great weekend.

Having just got over the jet lag from attending the wonderful LA Pen show, I'm now getting in the mood for the Bristol Show on Sunday.

I will have a nice selection of high quality vintage and modern pens on show (and of course for sale).

It will be great to see FPN crowd there.

Please come over and say hello.

.....must start packing (again) :D :D

Sarj

Amazingly I'm taggged (prices) and packed and ready to rock n roll. I've never been ready this early before! I'll be heading south early tomorrow afternoon and hopefully be in the Hilton bar around 7:00pm so I'll look forward to meeting some of you then and the rest of you on Sunday - I'm really looking forward to a good sociable weekend.

See you soon.

Ian

Having just got over the jet lag from attending the wonderful LA Pen show, I'm now getting in the mood for the Bristol Show on Sunday.

I will have a nice selection of high quality vintage and modern pens on show (and of course for sale).

It will be great to see FPN crowd there.

Please come over and say hello.

.....must start packing (again) :D :D

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang Sarj.

Ian

I'll be going - probably there around 10:30 or 11:00 depending on how seriously I get lost around Bradley Stoke...

Pack sandwiches and a change of clothes!

I'm going to pick up Scrybe this evening and we'll then head over to see a few of the lecturers from work who are playing a gig in Swindon to say "Hi" and after that we will head over to the Hilton for the pre-meet. We'll drive over for the show on Sunday morning (it's only about 20 miles from my place).

See you there!

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

Sorry I can't make this one, but trying to move house and the expense of ferries sort of rule it out. Hope everyone has a good time and that it gets a good turn out.

I've already got the time booked off work for the Northern Show though :)

I have my route worked out, and I've printed a map off. The postcode for the Hilton is BS32 4JF if anyone's interested...

See you tomorrow!

Sorry I am missing the 'pre-meet drinks' ......... but will definately be there tomorrow!!

So I'm opinionated - get over it!!.......No, really - get over it!!

Hmmmm I was going to put up a WANTS list - but that's too long as well ......

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm so sorry that I had to miss this show - not least because it would have been a chance to meet IANAN and Scrybe (your letter IS coming, Scrybe - I promise!).

Please, please tell us all about it - and post pics if there any family friendly ones [grin].....

Counting down the days until the Northern show.......

Casmi

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

Hey you Sou'westerers (is that a word?), where's the report from the show, to rub it into us that could not make that one, come on, come on , look sharp !!!! :thumbup:

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

Hey you Sou'westerers (is that a word?), where's the report from the show, to rub it into us that could not make that one, come on, come on , look sharp !!!! :thumbup:

Eric

OK, I'll bite first. The show was as I expected, just a small gathering of traders and a fairly healthy number of pen addicts. It was never crowded, so I hope the numbers were sufficient for a repeat next year. I was rather hoping for more ink and notebooks to be available, though. The best thing was to meet a few fellow sufferers, so it was lovely to meet Scrybe, IANAN, rogerb, Oxonian, ianp, Sarj and the all the others.

I found (for the moment anyway) my blue ink having spent a nice time trying out some extremely nice pens. One of my aims was to handle some of the pens I'd drooled over online and get some idea of what I want to get next. I learned a few things:

• Sheaffer PFMs are smaller than I expected;
  • All the Pelikans I tried are nice but the best was the M1000...argh;
  • The Omas 360 (old design) is a very nice pen;
  • I like big pens.

The hotel was very easy to find and to get to (which I had been worried about) and I spent several hours just indulging my interest for pens with articulate, like-minded folk. Thanks, everyone.

Eric

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, though of course I spent far too much :embarrassed_smile:. I arrived on Saturday and had an enjoyable evening chatting in the bar to Ian, Oxonian, rogerb and IANAN.

The show itself was only my second, the first being the London Pen Show last October. This was smaller and in many ways more enjoyable for a newcomer like myself. I could browse easily and ask questions of the dealers in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Thank you to all of those that organised the show, I hope that it was a success and that it will be repeated next year.

David