Cracked Ice of a different sort

winedoc

This first one is the CS Cracked Ice done with solid 18kt white gold as base. I think the pattern is to mimick the vintage resin version? Retail for this pen is $18,000. Too rich for me for a non-Maki-e pen. The pen is already on the way to a customer and at least I got to "own" these pens for a few hours. Gorgeous pen!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Conway%20Stewart/tn_DSC06952.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Conway%20Stewart/tn_DSC06953.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Conway%20Stewart/tn_DSC06955.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Conway%20Stewart/tn_DSC06956.jpg

Enjoy.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• garythepenman

• Johnny Appleseed

• Stylo

$18,000

$18,000

$18,000

$18,000

Thud...... (Charlie falling on the floor)

Best use of a pen:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Gator_b8/DANNYSICOVER.jpg

$18,000

$18,000

$18,000

$18,000

Thud...... (Charlie falling on the floor)

:o :o :o :o :o

Absolutely beautiful...

To winedoc:

Are you selling CS FPs online ? I'm in UK now, I wonder if I can get one of thoes special editions from you.

Absolutely beautiful...

To winedoc:

Are you selling CS FPs online ? I'm in UK now, I wonder if I can get one of thoes special editions from you.

Hi Simon,

Yes, I am authorized dealer for CS, Danitrio, Loiminchay and the new AP Pens. Please PM me or email me as to which pen you have in mind, and I'll help you obtain one... or two... or three :lol:

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

A beautiful pen but a little on the $$$$$ side. Kevin, you are lucky indeed to hold these pens even for just a few hours.

For 1/100th of the price you could buy my vintage #58 tiger eye ;)

Gary

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Hey Kevin, whats the book underneath the pen?

take a guess. I think someone here knows... one word in the first picture tell you the title of the book... good luck.

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

I'm not from the USA but I would guess something to do with independance and the constitution ca 1776 ?

Gary

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Ok, so now my dream pens are sooooo out of reach there's no way I can even dream. That cracked ice is one beautiful pen.

Guest Denis Richard
I'm not from the USA but I would guess something to do with independance and the constitution ca 1776 ?

Gary

older :D

Regardless of price, this pen doesn't do anything for me. I'll take almost any of the regular CS finishes over this one. Am I the only one?

Regardless of price, this pen doesn't do anything for me. I'll take almost any of the regular CS finishes over this one. Am I the only one?

I quite agree, Stylo - this pen is an insult to the history of CS (same with the modern gold floral), which is a shame, some of the modern CS (especially the understated ones) are really quite good!

It's nice to know I'm not quite the only one to think this way. Does anyone else want to stand up to be counted?!!

Andy

It is a beautiful pen but I can't imagine wanting to pay the value of a small house on a pen which is pretending to be something else.

I wonder why CS didn't produce it in acrylic version, like the old one on which it is based?

No doubt they will sell as, for a less 'pure' purchaser it is a stunning pen, but like some of you, not for me (as if it would be an option anyway!)

Greg

Member of the No.1 Club

Sorry, guys, but I think this pen certainly qualifies as an “understated CS”. It’s $18,000, remember? I know lots of pens trying to look more expensive than this one, even in the $20 range...

I wouldn’t choose the “cracked ice” finish myself (I’d go for the small house!) ... the nib is exquisite, though.

Obviously a pen like this is not for everyone. I like the look of it, but personally will not pay that price for a non Maki-e pen.... It will be different if it is a Maki-e pen ;) That said, we can't all love the same thing. In fact, I think it is good that CS is producing pens in ALL different price range with different materials from understated ebonite, to colorful resins, to Jewelry pens, and to Maki-e. I don't think a pen maker should produce pens only to satisfy the one section of the market. They should try, at least to appeal, to other sections of the market. After all, taste is a personal thing, and how one spent his/her fortune is also a personal thing. :lol:

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

QUOTE (garythepenman @ Mar 9 2006, 05:50 PM)

Older ?  Plato ? 

And the prize goes tooooooooooooo... Mr.Cracked Nib

Plato's Politics?

Close, but not quite right.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"