• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedRob

• Wael El-Dasher

• Michael R.

• QM2

I just re-read the entire review again...that was a really great review. Makes me want to ink my Medici for work tomorrow :)

“Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis”

Is it fixed now??

It is an incredible review topic with wonderful contributions.

They make me feel thrilled with my Proust and give me no desire at all to purchase this pen.Thank heavens for that- my AMEX will be relieved!

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

Is it fixed now??

They make me feel thrilled with my Proust and give me no desire at all to purchase this pen.Thank heavens for that- my AMEX will be relieved!

Yah! Finally its repaired. When it came back from the Dubai Flagship store, it was still leaking so I talked with Max and told him the whole ordeal, and asked if he can repair it. He said a friend of his works at MB repair center in Hamburg and it would be much easier and cheaper to have him handle it. So off it went back to Germany and Max came through. It was just as I suspected, a hairline crack under the silver overlay of the barrel. They replaced that part and sent it to Max whom was able to combine the shipping with another pen I bought from him and that was it! I inked only once to test it then decided I was hooked on my Hemingway and L139G and didn't want to use anything else.

Rereading this thread made me ink the pen today and I used it at work...it felt great to use it again. I really love it.

cheers

Wael

Is it fixed now??

Yah! Finally its repaired. When it came back from the Dubai Flagship store, it was still leaking so I talked with Max and told him the whole ordeal, and asked if he can repair it. He said a friend of his works at MB repair center in Hamburg and it would be much easier and cheaper to have him handle it. So off it went back to Germany and Max came through. It was just as I suspected, a hairline crack under the silver overlay of the barrel. They replaced that part and sent it to Max whom was able to combine the shipping with another pen I bought from him and that was it! I inked only once to test it then decided I was hooked on my Hemingway and L139G and didn't want to use anything else.

Rereading this thread made me ink the pen today and I used it at work...it felt great to use it again. I really love it.

cheers

Wael

What a nice story- Max really seems to be able to help the "un-helpable".

And nice that this pen could find its way back into the rotation with the 139 and special Hemi! :thumbup:

I just can't quite see if this pen can win me over from my Proust.

It is a lovely little pen and the nib is surprisingly good and a bit springy..

________________________________________________________________________________

Sigmund Freud

A beautiful pen and an amazing story related with it. By looking at the Medici, it seems heavy but I'm surprised that its light as mentioned by the reviewer.

Pilot Vanishing Point Royal Red

Sailor Professional Gear - Sailor Jentle Grenade

Kaweco AC Sport Red Limited Edition - Kaweco Red

Sheaffer Prelude Chrome - Private Reserve Sherwood Green

TWSBI Diamond 540 - Sheaffer Purple

Sheaffer 300 - Private Reserve Orange Crush

Fabulous review and commentaries. Very enlightening regarding both the Medici and the Proust, not to mention MB's servicing.

Personally I don't see the Proust vs Medici much of an issue.

Naturally, I'm speaking as a person that has and used both. I see it more like Pizza vs Lasagna, both are great, but which is better? I suspect Lasagna is nice if you have the time, but Pizza is more popular, both are nice and both have their time to be had. So what am I really saying is.... I'm getting hungry...what to have? choices, choices :)

cheers

Wael

Very true- and coincidentally I just had spinach and ricotta lasagne!!

lovely pens and dinner :happyberet:

Sigmund Freud

I'm glad this review was bumped, as I hadn't noticed it before. Excellent thorough review with drama (Montblanc's service denial) and a happy ending -- hooray!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• 1 month later...

As an Owner of both a mint Medici and a Proust...The Medici wins hands down for me.... The Proust is second........ The Medici is so gorgeous in real life. I have a Medici that Bo engraved and it is superbly flawless..... Every time I get my Medici out of the case to look at it I feel the same way all over again.....It's like when I saw my wife for the first time in her wedding dress.....WOW...... The engraving lines are perfect when the cap is on and the workmanship is unbelievable.....So I side with Michael and Wael....

Hmmm...:hmm1: don't let your wife read this... You might just have to give her the Medici as reparations :lol:

cheers

Wael

• 1 year later...

Hello RedRob,

Thanks for this informative review with very nice pics. Do you have enough now?

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

• 10 months later...

Couldn't help it, had to bump this review again. What a well done review by RedRob.

cheers

Wael

Very nice review of a wonderful pen...dammageable for the nib....

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

fpn_1382798631__.jpg

My newly acquired Medici is the craftsman that is so called JG . I had a chance to pick up HP or JG, and I found JG is more fluent on the engravings . Of course Medici is a must have for a MB enthusiast.

Edited by mjchuang9

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I just love pens that can kill vampires...

MB service is really poor these days. My brother bought a new pen from them and requested an RF nib in May 16. Still waiting for the pen . After several complaints they gave him a 500aud voucher , which was great , but the pen still isn't done

What can you buy at a MB store in Australia for less than 500 ? Conniving customer service..