Whitelines Review

Bill Smith

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/3080254282_8bc3c40f33_b.jpg

A note on the scanning: Whitelines works as advertised, the lines disappear leaving behind the writing, I also fiddled around with hue so the Quink Blue-Black actually looks like Quink Blue Black.

Whitelines is available in Toronto and Montreal at the above mentioned retailers. Note Bene has an online store so American fans can order and get their fix.

Edited by Bill Smith

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Smith

• jdclarkson

• WillSW

• Okami

Unfortunately I cannot read the handwriting. Could be the resolution of the image though

No, its my handwriting. I know looks like a demented chicken scratch.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

I can read it just fine. Coyote, perhaps glasses are in order?

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

I think it's reasonable that someone may have trouble reading it without needing glasses. I can make it out, but it's not the easiest writing to read.

<i>No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.</i>

Pens currently in carrying case: Lamy 2000 F with Noodler's Navy/Bulletproof Black mix, Sheaffer Imperial M with Noodler's Golden Brown, and Lamy Logo F with Noodler's Bulletproof Black.

My Whitelines arrived today, except the A4 top bound pads, which were out of stock and will be shipped later at no extra charge.

The wire-bound notebooks have perforated pages, so they can easily be used for correspondence. They're right in between a 5"x7" and A5 in size.

Not nearly as smooth as Rhodia, etc, and bagasse, but sometimes it's nice to feel while you write. I like grey, as well. White hurts my eyes.

So, next time I have enough want of this paper to justify the $10 shipping, I'll definitely buy more, especially since it's so unique in the paper world.

Though this review is not very excited-sounding, it should be. Two thumbs up. Three nibs up. Four gold overlays up.

i can read it!! it's short-hand, right?... just kidding Bill.

thanx Bill and Will (maybe called Bill, sometimes) for posting the links.

i can read it!! it's short-hand, right?... just kidding Bill.

thanx Bill and Will (maybe called Bill, sometimes) for posting the links.

That's what happens when you write with a ballpoint for much of your teens and twenties. My handwriting has been in recovery ever since.

Edited by Bill Smith

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

• 4 months later...

That's good news there are more American dealers for Whitelines. I stopped by Laywines earlier this week and stocked up.

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

I've got Whitelines in several different forms and really enjoy it - works great even with wet nibs!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Can someone transcribe this? I'd really like to be able to read it. :(

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Agreed, I tried and could get through some of it but not enough to try to post a translation.

Edited by Okami

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, I tried and could get through some of it but not enough to try to post a translation.

Here is my translation:

"A Paper Review Whitelines from Sweden

Pen and Ink: Parker 51 MKIII B nib Quink Blue Black

Whitelines is an intriguing stationery line I stumbled across at the 2007 Toronto International Pen Show. Note Bene of Montreal was selling some product, but I went for the tried and ?trusted Clairfontaine Notebook instead.

Fast forward a year I buy two note books from the 2008 Toronto Pen Show and subsequently purchased two more wirebound note books and two pads. Yes I like the paper enough to stockpile.

At first like a lot of other people I was a little put off with the light grey but I like it now that my eye has adjusted. The white lines are cool and disappear on photocopies.

There is no bleed or feathering with this paper which is tops in my books. The paper stock is a nice ?commentary and would recommend it to anyone looking for fountain pen friendly paper.

Now for the availability part. I can't speak to who sells Whitelines in the USA. Here in Toronto can find it at...and.....of two art supply and stationery stores. I am also....but don't quote me.... In Montreal Papeterie Note-Bene carries the Whitelines product line in an online shop format as well as in store"

I am waiting for a delivery of this paper from Amazon.co.uk and looking forward to testing it out for myself. I don't generally photocopy stuff but I like the idea of the pale grey background, it's a bit different isn't it.

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib

Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

Some Whitelines was available at the Chicago Pen Show, but my friend beat me to it! He loves it and contacted the rep. In the Chicago area, it's available at:

Museum of Contemporary Art Bookstore

o 220 East Chicago Ave.

o 312.280.2660

Mayuba Bookstores

o 1100 Lake St., Oak Park, IL

o 708.848.9140

Pam

I picked up some of this a few weeks ago (at Phidon Pens in Cambridge, Ontario). I really like the pale grey colour. It looks particularly good with a rich burgundy or garnet red ink. Very pleasant to write on, too.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer, (1820-1903) British author, economist, philosopher.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png