• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BearsPaw

• RevAaron

• piembi

• gyasko

I want to try out some vintage Pelikan nibs, medium or fine. Anyone have anything that would suit a 620?

There are no vintage nibs fitting the M6xx size.

Vintage Pelikans are 400/400N/400NN and those nibs fit the modern M200/M250/M400.

The second option would be a vintage 140. Those nibs fit the modern M150.

I want to try out some vintage Pelikan nibs, medium or fine. Anyone have anything that would suit a 620?

There are no vintage nibs fitting the M6xx size.

Vintage Pelikans are 400/400N/400NN and those nibs fit the modern M200/M250/M400.

The second option would be a vintage 140. Those nibs fit the modern M150.

Thanks for the information. I thought that since modern 4xx nibs fit the 620, a vintage one would too. I guess I've got to get my hands on an entire vintage pen. Thanks!

Old style M600s are the size of the (M)400s. These are the pre 97 pens.

Every M6xx younger than 1997 is bigger and thus needs a bigger nib.

Vintage Pelikan: what are you looking for?

FYI- if you're paying the usual parts price for a vintage Pelikan nib, it might cost as much as an entire pen.

Regina Martini sells vintage 400-series nibs, over at martiniauctions.com . No screw in unit, though- you'd have to set it in a collar, or have someone do it for you. You can get them there, though. :)

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

Thanks for the link, I had never heard of that site. My plan now is just to sell one of my other pens that I'm not using and use the money to buy a vintage Pelikan.

IMHO, you won't be sorry- awesome pens, amongst the best of the best!

That's what it sounds like. Pelikans are the best modern pens I've used, and they way everyone raves about the vintage nibs, I can't help myself! :)

From what i have heard, a vintage nib would indeed fit in a current M600 if you set it far enough up on the feed. However, as Aaron points out, going this route is likely to cost almost as much as a new-to-you vintage Pelikan. The advantages to going the vintage route are that vintage feeds are better and the bodies don't have bling rings.

Down with bling rings!

As an aside, I have used vintage Pelikan nibs in modern Pelikans. Don't have an M6xx, though, so I don't know if the nib size difference is weird or not. But then again, I also had a penchant for using a Pelikan 100 nib in various cheapie Reform and Senator pens, into which you can screw in a Pelikan 100 nib. :P

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

Down with bling rings!

As an aside, I have used vintage Pelikan nibs in modern Pelikans. Don't have an M6xx, though, so I don't know if the nib size difference is weird or not. But then again, I also had a penchant for using a Pelikan 100 nib in various cheapie Reform and Senator pens, into which you can screw in a Pelikan 100 nib. :P

Wow, does that work with the 1745s?