SOENNECKEN 111 + 222

Gehaha

Hello,

this is NOT a review - it's a fan's view - just for fun.

For those, who don't have "The Lambrou" with it's perfect pictures

and those, who want to know, what we are talking about, when we start to praise

Soennecken:

post-11518-1228263598.jpg

from left to right:

222 Lady black-silver, 222 Superior red rose lizard, 222 Superior turquoise green lizard,

(herringbone pattern) 111 Lady sea green, 111 Lady light tortoiseshell, 111 Superior rose wood and 111 Extra dark tortoiseshell

manufactured 1952 - 1954 in Bonn/Germany

post-11518-1228263690.jpg

You can see, what a huge nib the Extra has. All those nibs are semiflex (from bottom to top) M - BB - BS (= OB) - M - B - EF - BB.

I like the colours, the outstanding nibs and the piston-filling-mechanism out of brass with it's "click" (no turning knob use by accident possible).

All seven have perfect ink flow. Compared to other pistonfillers they have some weight in the hand and the celluloid seems to be very durable - no cracks over all the years of use. Nib and section can be unscrewed very easily for cleaning purpose. "Cooking" the old cork in slightly boiling water (only the piston, not the whole pen :headsmack: ) could fix it again (a desperate housewives method, I know).

It's a shame, that such a quality manufactory had to close it's doors in 1967 in the midst of the ballpoint boom.

If they would have made a pistonfiller in blue-silver herringbone - BB - 14k-nib and gold trim from Lady to Extra size that would have been the fountainpen heaven for me...

If you will find one - you know where - and it has no cracks and the original nib with the crown, it's always worth it. For my seven "darlings" I payed between

80 - 268 €. No regrets.

Greetings

Anna

Edited by MYU

I'm not a native speaker of the english language. My apologies in advance when I'm causing trouble by bad grammar, wrong vocabulary, misspelling - friendly correction always welcome!

"...I still believe that people are really good at heart."

Anne Frank, "Diary" (14 years old)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lexaf

• Gehaha

• RevAaron

• visvamitra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our first Soennecken review! I know it's more of a photo display, but still... these are beautiful pens. I still crave to own one of those 111 herringbone pattern pens. Stunning examples of celluloid craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing your collection with us. :)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Never seen these pens in close detail before, thanks for the photos!

The sea-green herringbone is really nice, I am quite partial to that colour!

one of my favorite german brands alongwith MB and Pelikan.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

They are now- at least for me. They worked when I posted my original reply, though. They are attachments, and Anna probably deleted them to make room for other attachments for other threads.

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

Hi,

I cannot see the pictures... only see this:

and this:

Anything wrong with my settings or is there some code missing in the posting (I do see other picture attachments in other postings?!..)

If these are references to Lambrou FPOTW, which page no's?

Lexaf

Edited by MYU

Hello penfriends,

I did remove all attachments because I had a more than upsetting acquaintance with one of the mods. I nearly left FPN.

But I am part of a really good community here. I want to participate and to share what I have.

I have to be more careful with personal statements or joking in the future.

MYU was very friendly and asked me to add my Soennecken pictures again.

And here they are again:

post-11518-1228263598_thumb.jpg

222 Lady black-silver, 222 Superior red rose lizard, 222 Superior turquoise green lizard,

(herringbone pattern) 111 Lady sea green, 111 Lady light tortoiseshell, 111 Superior rose wood and 111 Extra dark tortoiseshell

manufactured 1952 - 1954 in Bonn/Germany

post-11518-1228263690_thumb.jpg

The dark brown 111 Extra measures 133 mm (capped), the 14k-nib is 26 mm. The little black 222 Lady 118 mm with 17 mm goldnib

post-11518-1228264002_thumb.jpg

111 Lady sea green, 121 mm, goldnib 21 mm

post-11518-1228264275_thumb.jpg

This was my second Soennecken Lady with the nib I like the most.

post-11518-1228264378_thumb.jpg

The first one. Made me to be Soennecken loving. (O boy, my english... :embarrassed_smile: )

I wanted to show you a writing examle of each of my Soennecken pens, but poorly the creamy Rossi paper

did bleed through.

I hope you will enjoy the pictures.

Anna

Edited by Anna to add the Lambrou pages for Lexaf : Lambrou, Fountain Pens Of The World, Reprinted 2005, Page 217 - 222

Edited by Gehaha

I'm not a native speaker of the english language. My apologies in advance when I'm causing trouble by bad grammar, wrong vocabulary, misspelling - friendly correction always welcome!

"...I still believe that people are really good at heart."

Anne Frank, "Diary" (14 years old)

Glad you didn't leave FPN

Beautiful images. Never saw these pens before

Thanks

Edited by MYU
removed full post quote

Thank you so much Anna, glad to have you still onboard. Great pics and a valuable addition to the Lambrou data.

BTW Do you know the Dutch (Holland) made 'Union' pens?

Lexaf

Edited by Anna to add the Lambrou pages for Lexaf : Lambrou, Fountain Pens Of The World, Reprinted 2005, Page 217 - 222

• 1 year later...

Dear Anna,

which color is this Soennecken 111 Superior?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/realestilograficas/Soennecken510-1939/RSCN0168.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/realestilograficas/Soennecken510-1939/RSCN0169.jpg

It looks a kind of mixture,brown and green, to me,I´m in darkness

thanks for your help,

regards,

René.

• 5 months later...

:sick: Envy is a beast that springs out of nowhere, and sinks grizzly bear long claws into one's soul.

Good thing my soul is black, for black is the only color I can afford. Soon, soon, I too will have one. I hope.

OK, not a 111 or 222 but one has to start somewhere.

Great pens! :notworthy1: :thumbup:

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.