Another Texas Enthusiast

calvin

Yet another enthusiast from Texas - finally registering, after enjoying the site and the posts for a number of months. Not many pens, but an insatiable interest. Looking forward to being involved in the future. :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin

• KCat

• Man-in-Need

• Nibette

Welcome Calvin,

Glad you decided to jump in.

Just one question, how did one of my cats end up in Texas?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_0667.jpg

:lol:

Welcome to FPN, Calvin.

That be yer furkid?

No minimum requirement for FP ownership here - just jump in and enjoy the banter.

Best,

KCat

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Hello and welcome to FPN!

Beautiful cats. Russian Blues by chance?

See you around.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Hi Calvin, nice Hobbes you have there! Jeen: how is your pus on the left fitting in that box next to its buddy?!

With veteran FPNers like Roy and KCat, you'll feel right at home - and seduced ideas for which pens to buy!

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

Hello, glad you joined in! Nice kitty! There seems to be something with FP users and cats. Must be our personalitites :) .

Just one question,  how did  one of my cats end up in Texas?

Your picture amazes me. I have a second cat, sister to the first, and your picture could have been of my two, rather than yours.

Thanks for the photo.

Calvin

Beautiful cats.  Russian Blues by chance?

Well, Russian Blue and mystery guest combo.

I have a brother and sister, and this one looks more typical, except for the little white patch on his stomach. Oddly, his sister, who is large and fluffy, has all the typical Russian Blue characteristics and is one of the smartest cats we've ever had - even taught us how to play fetch, something no other cat of ours has ever been interested in.

Calvin

It is good to see Texans on the board as well. I was born in Ohio, but was raised in Texas for 12 years. However, I refuse to take on a Texan accent so I really do sound honky. I swear that I would sometimes go back to Texas at the drop of a cowboy hat. After living in most of the major areas, I would probably settle in some place like Midland or Austin because they are just so scenic. Though I also lived in Wichita Falls and Houston, so I can't be accused of limited judgement. Where are all the Texans on this board from?

I Feel SO GOOD, I'm Gonna Break Somebody's Heart Tonight

Though I also lived in Wichita Falls and Houston, so I can't be accused of limited judgement. Where are all the Texans on this board from?

I'm in a small town south of Houston. I grew up all over the world. When I moved to CO in my late teens, no one knew where I was from - no accent. But having been back in Texas now since 84 - well, it's a lost cause. I didn't even think it was that bad until I called some company in FL and all I said was "Hi, this is KC..."

"Wow! You really ARE from Texas."

For years I prided myself on not being a "true" Texan (born overseas) and on not having a discernible accent (other than American.) Now, I'm quite the opposite. Living in a town (Durango) that vilified (sp?) Texans as a whole was partly what turned the corner. People would bad-mouth Texans without knowing where I was from. I put an armadillo sticker on my car and started playing Jerry Jeff Walker tunes with the windows down.

On the icey days that people tended to slide into ditches on the way to school, oddly enough all the cars had CO plates - Not Texas plates. :)

When I'm tired even I can hear how horribly I drawl.

But at least it's not as bad as my future son-in-law's Arkansas accent.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

• 1 month later...

Man, somebody's cloning those Russian Blues!!

Another Central Texas friend of mine has an exact copy of the pair in the basket. . .

WEIRD!

Anyhoo, welcome to the list.

I'm Tara Wheeler and I'm out in Dale, TX, which is out to the East of somewhere pretty evenly spaced between Austin and San Antonio.

I'd sure like to get a Central Texas Pen Enthusiasts group together as Dallas is a pretty long haul.

Hope to see you around!

"I am a teacher as well as a witch," said Miss Tick, adjusting her hat

carefully. "Therefore, I make lists. I make assessments. I write things

down in a neat firm hand with pens of two colors."

Miss Tick from

Terry Pratchett's

Wee Free Men

Welcome,

Glad to see another Texan on FPN. I'm also a native, grew up in Fort Worth, college in Lubbock and live in Dallas, can't afford to leave. Not that I want to at the moment but when I retire I might consider moving out of the big city to a slower pace maybe the hil country or.......

At any rate enjoy the site. Lot of interesting people and "stuff" here.

Robert

Howdy Calvin and welcome aboard. I am begining to think that fountain users are cat lovers too! Sadly, my cat passed away a short-time ago, so I really miss her.

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."