Stylo.ca - Montréal Retailer

Coyotebd

I recently purchased a Lamy Safari 2006 SE, converter, extra nib and bottle of Waterman Florida Blue from Stylo.ca

The order arrived next day, which is somewhat expected since I live in Ottawa, only an hour away. It still requires the shop to ship the order same day.

I like that they give you the choice of nibs when you order your pen. I was looking at other retailers who were limited in colour/nib combination for the Lamy Safari. Not so Stylo.ca. In addition, I was able to order an extra nib. Next, I will be ordering a replacement Waterman Phileas nib because I bent the tip of my current one.

For those in Canada looking for a place to order pens from Canada, I think Stylo.ca is a good option.

http://tyler.provick.ca/images/notebook0002.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samovar

• mompus

• Namo

• Coyotebd

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

DO YOU KNOW IF THEY OPERATE A B+M SHOP TOO. I REMEMBER A REALLY GOOD PEN STORE IN MONTREAL, FROM MY DAYS AT MCGILL BUT I HEAR THEY'VE CLOSED. I EXPECT TO BE VISITING MONTREAL AGAIN THIS SPRING, IT'D BE FUN TO DO SOME PEN SHOPPING.

THANKS

MOMPUS

The do operate a Brick and Mortar shop in Montreal, Quebec City, Brossard and Laval. I went to the Montreal shop everyweek for a couple of years, often just to say hello. I ended up sending one of my student to work there for her school/work internship.

It's an amazing shop with amazing staff. Michael and Oliviera will go out of their ways to help you in French, English and Serbian.

If you are in Montreal, it's your first stop!

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

The do operate a Brick and Mortar shop in Montreal, Quebec City, Brossard and Laval. I went to the Montreal shop everyweek for a couple of years, often just to say hello. I ended up sending one of my student to work there for her school/work internship.

It's an amazing shop with amazing staff. Michael and Oliviera will go out of their ways to help you in French, English and Serbian.

THANKS SAMOVAR, I'LL BE SURE TO GO. IT MAKES ME A LITTLE SAD EVERY TIME I HERE A CERTAIN LANGUAGE REFERED TO AS "SERBIAN". MAKES ME WONDER WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM "SERBO-CROATIAN". I GUESS THE ANSWER IS "20 YEARS"

I KNOW HOW COLD IT GETS UP THERE, STAY WARM!

MOMPUS

I've been to Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia and love them all!

Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, I don't care as long the liquor is strong and the burek is good!

I'm currently in Japan, just little bit warmer than Montreal!

THANKS SAMOVAR, I'LL BE SURE TO GO. IT MAKES ME A LITTLE SAD EVERY TIME I HERE A CERTAIN LANGUAGE REFERED TO AS "SERBIAN". MAKES ME WONDER WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM "SERBO-CROATIAN". I GUESS THE ANSWER IS "20 YEARS"

I KNOW HOW COLD IT GETS UP THERE, STAY WARM!

MOMPUS

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

• 2 years later...

I just went to their shop in May 2011 at 977, rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montreal, QC, H3B 4W3. They have a great selection, good prices, and the workers know their stuff. It was fun just chatting with them about FP's. I definitely recommend Stylo. It is in the bottom floor of a shopping center on Rue St. Catherine.

• 7 years later...

I bought a Cross replacement nib from them a couple months ago. MY Century II is ancient and the nib assembly would not fully screw into the barrel. I politely and patiently asked if they could see if there's a solution. They were prompt with a "Hmm interesting let me see what we can do for you." That was a promising response! Two weeks go by. Three weeks go by. After more than three weeks I send another email to see if an answer was found - privately hoping that they have the decency to respond with "I'm sorry we weren't able to help" - and they ignored me. Not a word.

Since this experience - actually because I went to their site - I got interested in fountain pens. I've purchased a Pineider, Visconti, Parker, Pelikan all from OTHER dealers of course! In two cases there were minor issues - the UK dealer was amazingly helpful and generous with fixing Pelikan issue by replacing the entire 18K nib and in the other case the US dealer was great with questions I had about the Pineider.

My experience with Stylo.ca sucked they'll not get more from me than the $120 for the Cross nib.

And anyone who says their prices are great should really shop around better. I got my Pelikan for $500 less than Stylo from a UK dealer. Their prices are not great at all.

Edited by AmbyBrinn

I also had a good experience recently purchasing an Ahab and FPR (the only place they are available in Canada?) and getting it shipped quickly to Halifax

I just went to their shop in May 2011 at 977, rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montreal, QC, H3B 4W3. They have a great selection, good prices, and the workers know their stuff. It was fun just chatting with them about FP's. I definitely recommend Stylo. It is in the bottom floor of a shopping center on Rue St. Catherine.

They are still at this place in Montreal. The manager is sweet and loves Sailor products as well as ST Dupont. Nice people and good choice of pens.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

I buy most of my inks at their boutique inside the mall on Sainte-Catherine. The selection is pretty good and the prices are reasonable. Because of exchange rates, import duties and now the surtax, It often cost less for me to go there in person than to order from American retailers and/or from overseas retailers.

They are authorized dealers of many high-end brands and they guarantee their prices to be equal to any other authorized North-American dealer. Of course, if one doesn't care for warranties and after-sale services, better deals can be found online on the grey market from non-authorized resellers.

Another place not to be missed in Montreal is Papeterie Nota Bene on avenue du Parc with their wonderful selection of Japanese notebooks and papers. I think I'll go there tomorrow. It has been a while.

In both stores, I found the staff to be helpful and kind. They understand the joy of good quality pens and papers.

I buy most of my inks at their boutique inside the mall on Sainte-Catherine. The selection is pretty good and the prices are reasonable. Because of exchange rates, import duties and now the surtax, It often cost less for me to go there in person than to order from American retailers and/or from overseas retailers.

They are authorized dealers of many high-end brands and they guarantee their prices to be equal to any other authorized North-American dealer. Of course, if one doesn't care for warranties and after-sale services, better deals can be found online on the grey market from non-authorized resellers.

Another place not to be missed in Montreal is Papeterie Nota Bene on avenue du Parc with their wonderful selection of Japanese notebooks and papers. I think I'll go there tomorrow. It has been a while.

In both stores, I found the staff to be helpful and kind. They understand the joy of good quality pens and papers.

Nota bene is an amazing place! Russel is so kind and helpful, and a Lamy fan... small selection of pens and inks and accessories.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

I've always had good experiences with stylo - I had met the owner at the Toronto Pen Show last year and they are awesome.