The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Laban Ring Collection Pearl Black

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kurtz

Kurtz

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 15:46

Here I go with another pen. This is from Laban and I introduce it with a pic:

As you can see, its main characteristic is a body segmented into six parts by five metal rings; all of them phisically independent (thus with a little spin-movement). The colour, despite the description (or due to the "pearl" part of it), is not really black; it is sort of brown, changing with light conditions.

The size, let's face it, is bulky. Bulkier than I initially expected, but very comfy when writing with it. The only available size for the nib is medium, so that's the size I chose tongue.gif. It is extremely smooth (inked with Lamy Green in this case) and it fits in with what I consider medium stroke.

It comes with a converter. Easy to fill; not much more to say about it.

The cap is quite big. Metallic in the outside and plastic inside. It fulfills its duty.

The overall impression is that you are in front of a sturdy piece with a squeaky little touch (due to its segmented body).

P.S.: I do know that you are a bit concerned about the "squeaky affair", you fussy people, but it is not that annoying laugh.gif

There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures.

Sponsored Content

#2 Ondina

Ondina

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 14:33

Nice and very detailed review. I like the quality of the pictures, too. On the pen, the segmentation of the body, caramel brown with metallic rings, reminds me of the MB LE Cervantes. A shame the grip is metal, can't get adjusted to a cold slippery metallic nib unit. The cap reminds me of the Faber Castell series, and I'm surprised at the good quality of the finishing. So is the nib making noises or not?

Thanks for this very good review of a pen that was unknown to me.

#3 Kurtz

Kurtz

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 17:58

QUOTE (Ondina @ Nov 12 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is the nib making noises or not?

The nib is extremely smooth and makes no noise. The noise (little noise sometimes) comes from the body when de rings and segments happen to rotate.

There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures.

Sponsored Content

|