La Reine Mauve

kiavonne

I want to see Deirdre's review, kookychick's review, and everyone else's reviews, too!

This is just a quick sample on generic #24 all-purpose printer paper.

THANK YOU KOOKYCHICK!

THANK YOU NATHAN!

This stuff is already in the daily lineup and in its own special pen.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiavonne

• kookychick

• Chupacabras

• sharpclaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to see Deirdre's review, kookychick's review, and everyone else's reviews, too!

This is just a quick sample on generic #24 all-purpose printer paper.

THANK YOU KOOKYCHICK!

THANK YOU NATHAN!

This stuff is already in the daily lineup and in its own special pen.

whats the dry time like ?

what of nib creep ?

any feathering ?

whats the dry time like ?

Fast, within 5 seconds. Quick edit, I tried it on a brandless notebook paper, college ruled, and it dried almost instantly. I suppose the paper quality will make a difference. Absolutely no feathering on that paper, though bear in mind the nib is a fine one.

what of nib creep ?

Too soon to tell, really. It's been in the pen for about an hour, and I can see a very faint trace on the nib. I imagine it will be like most the others of the bulletproof line and will have some moderate nib creep.

any feathering ?

None that I could see on this paper or on the strathmore sample I have of 60# weight. I'm sure it will feather on the recycled junk we have at work, as every ink does on that stuff. Seems good on decent weight, quality paper, though.

I just got the ink in the mail this afternoon, and just wanted to get a quick sample out there. :)

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Thanks so much, kiavonne! :clap1: Mine should be here on Wed. I can't wait! :cloud9: It looks like a great shade of purple, unlike the other previous BP shades (which are pretty, too, but not PURPLE)--just what we wanted! :D

Inks currently in pens: Noodler's La Reine Mauve, Rachmaninov, Prime of the Commons Blue-Black, Naval Orange, MN Whaleman's Sepia, Verdun Green, Majestic Orange; J. Herbin Violette Pensée, Rose Cyclamen, Orange Indien

Blog Twitter Facebook

I just got the ink in the mail this afternoon, and just wanted to get a quick sample out there. :)

Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!

Thanks so much, Kiavonne. I've been checking the ink reviews forum multiple times a day, in hopes that someone would post a sample! This looks delish.

Thanks for the quickie review!

I got my bottle in the mail today . . . what a treat! On my monitor your pic looks pretty darn close, though I have mine in a Pelikan M800 0.8mm stub so it's a tad darker.

I find it to be a great 'neutral' purple, that is, not reddish and not bluish. And it's dark enough to use as an everyday work ink (at least for me). Ditto to your findings on drying and (lack of) feathering . . . it works well in both cases.

One thing you didn't mention . . . it seems to have some subtle shading! I think it might show up better in a slightly drier pen than my M800, but I can still detect shading which is a first for any purple I've tried.

I only wish that this ink came in the larger 3oz bottles . . . I imagine I'll be using it a lot!

"Thus Ar-Pharazôn, King of the Land of the Star, grew to the mightiest tyrant

that had yet been in the world since the reign of Morgoth . . ."

— J.R.R. Tolkien, Akallabêth —

K,

What color is it??? :headsmack:

Thx for the lightening review!

John

Yea, I don't know. I can't tell what you think of it, so i'm a little confused. Is it purple?

No, really, I'm quite relieved to finally see it! I like it better than the sample on Noodler's site.

Thanks, kiavonne!! I got my two bottles the other day, but have been too busy with work to ink up a pen and do a review. On my monitor at least, your post seems to match the color I got when I did a quick Q-Tip swab test - a nice, true purple. Not purple-blue or purple-red, but an honest-to-goodness purple. I'll be curious to see how the nib creep compares to II/VV. While I love the color of that ink, the WOW!! level of nib creep has me using it only in a fine-nibbed VP. It's not enough to make me not use it, but I do wish it didn't go absolutely everywhere!

Cheers, and thanks again!

Mike

Flow good, ooze bad!

Mike

Thanks for the review.

I just saw a mention of this ink last evening. I was very curious about it. I was actually expecting a mauve color - dusty pink or a light burgundy. Purple and the name "Mauve" somehow do not jibe in my pea brain. Am I missing something?

I was actually expecting a mauve color - dusty pink or a light burgundy. Purple and the name "Mauve" somehow do not jibe in my pea brain. Am I missing something?

The picture on the Nooder's Ink page looks a little more mauve-purple and kiavonne's sample looks like a truer purple... to me, anyway. I guess that I just need to get a bottle to see the color in person! :thumbup:

what of nib creep ?

Too soon to tell, really. It's been in the pen for about an hour, and I can see a very faint trace on the nib. I imagine it will be like most the others of the bulletproof line and will have some moderate nib creep.

Update: Yes, there is the standard bulletproof nib creep.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

I was actually expecting a mauve color - dusty pink or a light burgundy. Purple and the name "Mauve" somehow do not jibe in my pea brain. Am I missing something?

The picture on the Nooder's Ink page looks a little more mauve-purple and kiavonne's sample looks like a truer purple... to me, anyway. I guess that I just need to get a bottle to see the color in person! :thumbup:

If I were to take a broad brush and swipe it thinnly, it might come out similar to the color in the image. The image is a bit dark/yellowy though. Peek at the ink in the bottle cap, it's pretty close to just purple. It really does not have any pinkish/reddish tones, and is basically purple. :D

From the Merriam-Webster online dictionary:

Main Entry: mauve

Pronunciation: \ˈmȯv, ˈmōv\

Function: noun

Etymology: French, literally, mallow, from Old French, from Latin malva

Date: 1859

1 a: a moderate purple, violet, or lilac color b: a strong purple

2: a dyestuff that produces a mauve color

— mauve adjective

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship