The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Phileas F Stub

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tisfortorrey

tisfortorrey

frosted pastry devotee

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 21:15

I just got back my recently-ground Waterman Phileas from Pendemonium (no affiliation), and I am in heaven! cloud9.gif

The service I got from them was great, from the initial email consultation to the lightning-fast return shipping. I'd definitely recommend them for your grinding needs if you can't wait for weeks and weeks for a nibmeister to get to your pen (no disrespect to nibmeisters, I'm just impatient wink.gif )

For the full size pictures, go to My Flickr Set

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince

Follow me on Twitter!

Sponsored Content

#2 Jersey Diabolo

Jersey Diabolo

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2008 - 21:34

Wow, that lays down a really nice line. Pendemonium's nibmeister does good work and you can't hardly beat that turnaround time!

I have a bunch of Kulturs that I love ...and a Phileas with an M nib that doesn't thrill me. Twenty bucks, huh? Hmmmm...

Thanks for sharing those photos, tisfortorrey

#3 Chris H

Chris H

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2008 - 22:23

This is really fantastic! I've been wanting to get another Waterman Phileas fine point, but can't find one -- only mediums. But if Pendemonium can do that, then I just might get a medium point and have them regrind it.

Thanks for sharing!

Chris
Very much interested in Life, Liberty, and especially the pursuit of Happiness!

#4 JHolmes302

JHolmes302

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:04

Wow, that looks great ! Way to make a great pen even better clap1.gif

#5 sph33r

sph33r

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:38

Very nice! I think I should send them something to grind as well! biggrin.gif
- Brad -

#6 FrankB

FrankB

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:59

The feel of a well ground stub on paper is is a great experience. I have Pendemonium ground nibs and I am very satisfied with them. I hope you contine to enjoy your stub nib.

#7 asimplemaestro

asimplemaestro

Montblancs are like crack...but more expensive.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2008 - 20:35

This is nice...I'm sending them mine as well as soon as I get ahold of them.

#8 tisfortorrey

tisfortorrey

frosted pastry devotee

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:45

QUOTE (Jersey Diabolo @ Nov 2 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can't hardly beat that turnaround time!

I agree. Not to shill for Pendemonium or anything (once again, no affiliation), but I found it a pleasant surprise that after my pen arrived in Iowa (of which I was informed by email the day it happened) it was back in my hands probably no more than five days later! It was a really worthwhile service.
"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince

Follow me on Twitter!

#9 merlin

merlin

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:49

Just curious if regrinding is changing the original nib, or can it be done also instead of smoothing it only? do you know if pendemonium is doing repairs as well?

thanks a lot

#10 tisfortorrey

tisfortorrey

frosted pastry devotee

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 21:11

QUOTE (merlin @ Nov 3 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious if regrinding is changing the original nib, or can it be done also instead of smoothing it only? do you know if pendemonium is doing repairs as well?

thanks a lot

It's done to the original nib, so if you want a fine nib you generally need to give them a medium nib. I'm pretty sure they do repairs, but you'd probably need to check their website to find out prices and things.

Follow me on Twitter!

#11 tnmike1

tnmike1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 22:35

thanks to this thread contacted Pendemonium today and am sending a couple of almost=new Conway Stewart vintage pens to them for smoothing. They are not going to change the nib structure, just make them a little more writing friendly. Cost is going to be $15 each. Did NOT ask that the nibs be changed into something else---like stub or italic from medium and the like--so dont know what the charge on that would be
Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL

#12 henrico

henrico

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 22:58

happyberet.gif Can't wait to get my new Phileas....... rolleyes.gif Can't wait.............can't wait smile.gif

But I will stay with the M nib at least for a while. Thanks for the info.

Henrico.

Sponsored Content

|