The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Perspective Light Blue

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 cfpen

cfpen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 21:22

My first review is about a new pen on the market, the Waterman Pespective. I got it on ebay last weekend in light blue finish. It is fitted with a steel medium nib.

The pen is coming without a converter, only with a cartridge. It is not a big issue, as far as I had a spare one for my two others Watermans.

When capped, this pen is almost the same length as a Pelikan M805, the diameter is a little smaller, and the pen feels heavier. This is a full metal body with some engravings on it.

Loaded with Caran d'Ache Amazon, it is writing very well, smoothly, no problems at start-up, a real pleasure.
Nothing special with the filling system as it is a converter.

I am pleased with it, it is beautiful, writing well and not too much expensive. If only Waterman could make a gold nib for it...

Now some pics and comparisons.

Sponsored Content

#2 CharlieB

CharlieB

French Roast Coffee

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 00:35

Nice photos of the pen and the writing samples. How long is the pen? Is it as large as a Waterman Exception?
CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

#3 cfpen

cfpen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:25

QUOTE (CharlieB @ Nov 2 2008, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice photos of the pen and the writing samples. How long is the pen? Is it as large as a Waterman Exception?

From I found on the web, compared to the Exception, its length is 3 millimetres larger, so it is quite the same size

#4 acolythe

acolythe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:06

QUOTE (cfpen @ Nov 1 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My first review is about a new pen on the market, the Waterman Pespective. I got it on ebay last weekend in light blue finish. It is fitted with a steel medium nib.

The pen is coming without a converter, only with a cartridge. It is not a big issue, as far as I had a spare one for my two others Watermans.

When capped, this pen is almost the same length as a Pelikan M805, the diameter is a little smaller, and the pen feels heavier. This is a full metal body with some engravings on it.

Loaded with Caran d'Ache Amazon, it is writing very well, smoothly, no problems at start-up, a real pleasure.
Nothing special with the filling system as it is a converter.

I am pleased with it, it is beautiful, writing well and not too much expensive. If only Waterman could make a gold nib for it...

Now some pics and comparisons.

What size is the nib Fine? medium?

#5 PigRatAndGoat

PigRatAndGoat

Unashamed Montblanc Fanboy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:20

Not bad. I usually don't like Watermans, but this is quite nice.

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

#6 cfpen

cfpen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 19:42

QUOTE (acolythe @ Nov 3 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What size is the nib Fine? medium?

Medium

#7 Ondina

Ondina

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 15:51

This Waterman is new to me, and is quite an interesting one, thanks for the review. Lovely modern looking pen.l

#8 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2008 - 16:35

Nice pen! Thanks for sharing.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#9 WesleyW

WesleyW

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 20:53

..If only Waterman could make a gold nib for it...

There is, the Perspective gold/black has a gold nib.

#10 cfpen

cfpen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 16:58

QUOTE (WesleyW @ Nov 8 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure ? From what I read (Fountain Pen Hospital, Waterman, JML) it is a gold plated stainless steel nib.

#11 WesleyW

WesleyW

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 17:11

QUOTE (cfpen @ Nov 9 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (WesleyW @ Nov 8 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure ? From what I read (Fountain Pen Hospital, Waterman, JML) it is a gold plated stainless steel nib.

Lol, I thought you just want one with a golden colour embarrassed_smile.gif .

But do you think this pen is worth to buy? I'm considering to buy a rollerball with a silver finish. I'm not sure if I would also buy the fountain pen. I've used fountain pens for many years, but I'm not sure if I still like fountain pens. Perhaps I should use my Parker Vector fountain to see if it's ok.

#12 cfpen

cfpen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 17:27

QUOTE (WesleyW @ Nov 9 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But do you think this pen is worth to buy? I'm considering to buy a rollerball with a silver finish. I'm not sure if I would also buy the fountain pen. I've used fountain pens for many years, but I'm not sure if I still like fountain pens. Perhaps I should use my Parker Vector fountain to see if it's ok.

Yes but.
Yes because it is a good pen with good finishes and it writes smoothly.
But on ebay you can find both Perspective and the Carene in the same store (JML) at a very good price (93€ versus 76€). In this case I don't know (and these two lovely pens are mine)

#13 WesleyW

WesleyW

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 17:38

QUOTE (cfpen @ Nov 9 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (WesleyW @ Nov 9 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes but.
Yes because it is a good pen with good finishes and it writes smoothly.
But on ebay you can find both Perspective and the Carene in the same store (JML) at a very good price (93€ versus 76€). In this case I don't know (and these two lovely pens are mine)

Carene FP for € 76? That's really cheap. In the Netherlands, the Carene FP will be available for € 180 and the Perspective FP for €115 (Roller €100). I don't think, I would spend more than €150 for one pen. I also don't trust Ebay, so the Carene isn't an option for me.

I think, it's pretty sure I would buy the perspective rollerball. But I'm still thinking to buy the Perspective FP or the Lamy 2000. It's a difficult decision.

#14 GJC

GJC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:51

very nice review, i like the way it looks, only if it had a gold nib.... the nibsection reminds me of serenite in some way.
In rotation: Waterman Edson Blue F-nib

wishlist: Visconti Ripple

Ysatis Kinderkleding

#15 HokieGeek

HokieGeek

I clearly have a pen and ink addiction, and you guys are no help

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:39

So I quickly tried out this pen at my local B&M and it felt a little heavy. Anybody else experience it with this pen? I am not saying that's a drawback as I still haven't decided. Just curious what the people who own this pen think of the weight and how it compares to other pens they have.

Currently inked pens:

• Pelikan M205 Amethyst [F] (Noodler's Manhattan Blue)
  • Shaeffer PFM II Blue (Private Reserve Naples Blue)
  • Lamy 2000 [Binder Italifine 0.7/0.5] (J. Herbin Vert Empire)
  • Waterman Ideal N° 01855 (Noodler's Walnut)
  • Pilot Vanishing Point Mustard [Binder Stub Italic 0.6] (Noodler's Walnut)

#16 italiansallion

italiansallion

No Doubt

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2009 - 16:36

this is one of my favorite pens by waterman, i might get the one i silver from FPH

#17 cfpen

cfpen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 20:11

So I quickly tried out this pen at my local B&M and it felt a little heavy. Anybody else experience it with this pen? I am not saying that's a drawback as I still haven't decided. Just curious what the people who own this pen think of the weight and how it compares to other pens they have.

I have to admit that I agree with you : a little heavy for long writing sessions. In that case I prefer my Pelikans.

#18 kamilyakupoglu

kamilyakupoglu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 20:55

Looks like avery nice pen and after a quick check I found that Mr Lewertowski on ebay has very reasonable prices. I might go for that.
"If we can imagine anything,perhaps we can achieve anything we imagine. What we imagine then becomes our destiny."
Henry David Thoreau

#19 andrew98

andrew98

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 20:42

I just bought one of these pens, and I can't get the converter from my Phileas to snap into place in the Perspective. It doesn't seem like the converter pushes in far enough. It's such a tight fit, I started pushing the nib/feed unit out of the grip section with the converter. Has anyone else found it difficult to use a Perspective with the regular Waterman converter? Is something wrong with the pen I received or are there different types of Waterman converters?

On a side note, does anyone know where I can find a grip section for a Waterman Laureat? The threaded part broke on my dad's Laureat somehow.

-Andy

Edited by andrew98, 28 December 2011 - 20:46.

Sponsored Content

|