I love this ballpoint, and I am going back

jmkeuning

Open Length: 5.5"

Closed Length: 3.75"

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Judybug

• jmkeuning

• Titivillus

• MYU

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love my fountain pens and I am not going back! Though, presently I do not carry them around with me, my Le Grande MB serves that purpose.

Norman Heath

Well I have to admit I almost use fountain pens exclusively but I also almost always carry my Lamy Pico in my pocket. There was a time when I would try to buy a "matching" RB version of some of my fountain Pens. I still have more quality RB's than fountain pens. I'm thinking I may need to include them again in my rotation also. I think I'm also nearing the end of my "want list". I should note that my want list is not so extravagant.

Edited by Pippin60

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Can the Fisher Space Pen get its own subforum?

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

My pocket ballpoint is a Mont Blanc grand with a broad black refill. As much as I am a FP devotee there are times you just have to use a ballpoint. I also have a few Parker duofold BPs to match my FPs but they sit a little too proud in my shirt pocket.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Dear fountain pens:

I know, rOtring 600, you would try... but trust me, you would not be up to the task. You'd poke through the paper, skip on the dry crackle, bleed in the water, and dry up on the vertical.

Hey you can fit a SpacePenRefill in a rOtring 600 Rollerball..... :roflmho: :ltcapd: :clap1:

......Stani :happyberet:

IMAGINE

I love my Cross Century II Paisley LE. It has a nice weight to it, and it writes beautifully. I own the blue BP, but I plan to buy the whole trio eventually.

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7462/fallcenturyiibm2.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/vegaspensgifts/19f22284-1711-4350-b09e-ba21c43a4efc_zpsa67fd5ae.jpg

"Business and pleasure in equal measure"

Vegas Fine Pens and Gifts

Like Vegas Fine Pens and Gifts on FB

Follow Vegas Fine Pens and Gifts on Twitter

I've made my embarrassing affection for the ballpoint known elsewhere on this forum already (I think I whispered it and then ducked out before the tomatoes flew). Capless rollerballs are good, too. The convenience and practicality beat all for me.

But if it helps any, my preferred pens have the bodies of fountain pens with the brains of a ballpoint, so no love for plain jane bics and other cheap plastic pens.

My favorite BP is a Caran d'Ache Ecridor. Tiny, shiny, built like a tank and has a great refill!

post-16877-1225261505_thumb.gif

Wassup wid that, homes? Looks like you're WANT to feel the hurt. -ethernautrix

I've had my Fisher Space Pen since I was in high school , i just turned 32 ( gosh that sounds old ). I even bought my girlfriend at the time one to take to collage with her , I guess I was a pen geek even then! The space pen has been in the loop of my compact day timer for the last ten years and has never failed me. I' m the owner of a Retro 51, great roller! My one complaint is that I went to the Dallas pen show looking to buy refills for it, the dealer rep said he didn't have any to sell, "I'm sorry what did you say?..." who comes to a show with out refills? Luckly Paradise came through in the clutch.

I also hav a MB meister...blah...blah....ok it's a great BP ,it was a gift.

Thanks for the glowing praise of the CdA Ecridor, that will be the new Daytimer pen for the new year.

StJimmy.

"It has been my expirence that folks with no vices have very few virtues"-Abraham

Lincoln

I heart my Fisher Space Pen Bullet. I also keep a pink Jotter in my purse, but I'm also a huge fan of these BP's. The Pilot Easy Touch and the Pilot Better Retractable.

http://www.discountofficesupplies.com/pfz/3075050_iz.jpg

http://www.discountofficesupplies.com/pfz/5300015_iz.jpg

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

So, thanks to this topic, I went to my local Staples and picked up a pack of Uniball rollerball's. I haven't ever used an RB before, but they actually work really well! No replacement for an FP, but I can see these being very handy for filling out receipts and carbon copies.

Also, is the Fisher space pen really worth it? I'm tempted to pick one up.

Hi,

Love FPs but with a lot of my pens I do have matching BPs/RBs/MPs where possible, that includes the Pelikans (M150 up to and including an M800 and all sizes in between), modern Duofolds (no RBs though) Legacys, Connaisseurs, Balance IIs etc.

RBs/BPs often come in useful (MPs less so) so I tend to carry matching one if I have it, in any event usually have an Adpen BP & RB and one converted to an FP in my rucksack (this pen is based o the Parker Big Red BP/RB, but a lot cheaper). FPs can't do everything and if I am filling out carbonated forms I don't really want to ruin a good nib by pressing too hard.

Andy

I also use a Caran D'Ache Ecridor which someone gave me as a corporate gift (pity the engraving). Great pen indeed.

There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures.

Generally, when I'm "out in the wild," I carry a fairly worn Parker Jotter with the Fisher cartridge. No nervous break down if I lose it, and it will work for pretty much everything it needs to work for. I think the Jotter is a great pen, all told. A timeless, near perfect design, and it writes well when I need it to.

The only time I carry a fountain pen "out there" is when I know I'll be partaking of extended writing sessions. Notes, this, that etc. Otherwise, I think it's tempting fate to walk around with a $250 pen, not to mention how pretentious it looks when you pull it out and start writing with it. Granted, if you do a fair amount of writing in one day, by all means, carry one. But for me, who does 99.99999% of my handwriting at home, a ballpoint is really the appropriate carry choice.

A compromise might be something like the Reform 1745. It doesn't set you back much more than a Jotter (with Space cartridge), but is a fountain pen at the same time. I'm milling over the idea of keeping my Pelikan at home all the time, and taking a 1745 out with me. I'll be in grad school this time next year, and I often wonder if I'll be using my M600 in class, or a 1745. It's a tough call. On one hand, I love the way my M600 feels, but on the other I can just picture myself getting sidetracked for a second and leaving the Pel somewhere.

Thoughts for another time, I suppose.

Edited by JJBlanche

Yah FP's are great for writing in journals or letters but they're not always practical. Gellies and BP's have their place. Same with pencils, mechanical and wooden. You just have to have the right tool for the right job.

Yes, I have to have a pencil when working crossword puzzles to erase all my mistakes. White out has a bad odor. As for a ballpoint, I have a stainless steel Parker,(cap actuated) I have been using for 35 years.

Edited by Hoarder68

About 6 months ago, I threw away every ballpoint and rollerball I had (all disposables, of course). The only ones I left were those in the jar on my desk at work for coworkers to use and filch. Those pens are still there, and beginning to dry up. I throw them away as they become unusable.

If I have to use a ballpoint for signing a triplicate or some receipt, I use their pen. However, my Danitrio $33 pen w/BSB has a fairly stiff nib and will do duplicates just fine (besides, I usually get the duplicate). I also enjoy telling store clerks that the "oil slick" they will see forming on the thermal paper receipt is nothing to be alarmed about and the signature is permanent (at least it is for as long as that particular piece of paper is going to be around). :D

Should I decide to purchase another "other" pen, I'll probably get the Uniball Signo 207 for the fraud-proof ink. I did purchase some of those for family members recently.

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

• 1 month later...

I've had my bullet pen for about a month now, and I never thought I would ever utter these words about a ball point -- I love it! The best feature, I think, is that it doesn't require a lot of pressure like most ball points do. It almost feels like writing with a fountain pen. Am I imagining this or have the rest of you noticed that the bullet doesn't require much pressure?

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

/me shrugs

Lots of rollerball and gel pens need even less pressure than a Fisher space pen. Some gel and a lot of rollerballs can even be used pretty effectively at low angles (30-40 degrees), which even the best ballpoints don't do well. Space pen might, not sure though, but the pressurized ink might help.

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

For awhile now I've thought that my entire office should show up for a meeting with the Acme crayon ball points but at $30 a pen it's not likely to happen.

Fred