What Sheaffer pen are you using today?

MES

Marine Green Striated Balance Jr., currently filled with Noodler's Borealis Black, along with a matching mech. pencil.

It's usually filled with Noodler's Marine Green but my physics prof. grades in green ink and gave me hell for it last time, sigh...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrPJM1

• bernardo

• Fernan

• JRBell

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently, a Sentinel Snork with Noodler's black

Cadet 23 with Quink (need to get that empty, I think)

Snork Admiral with Forest Green

Snork Sovereign with Marine Green

I'm on a Parker kick at the moment, but will be filling my blue Snorkel Sentinel with Ottoman Azure when the currently filled pen runs dry. Had to re-sac that one unexpectedly -- put a new sac and seals in it a couple years ago when I got it, but the sac melted on me! Might be a bad sac, might have been the baby powder I used as talc before I found out that was a bad idea. I'm watching the others I got about the same time to see.

Peter

Using my new Prelude. Metallic blue body with a chrome cap. Medium point with a violet Skrip cartridge. Very smooth writer, and the violet Skrip has a lavender hue to it, which is different from many of my other violet/purple inks.

Targa stainless steel, M - J Herbin Lie de The

Legacy II, M - Diamine Umber

English is not my mother tongue, please excuse me.

1: Admiral Snorkel-Fine/Semi-Flex

2: Viewpoint-1.5 mm Italic

3: Some sort of vintage pencil- .7 mm

Edited to add: Found the box, the pencil is a Crest

Edited by HerosNSuch

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith."

-Albert Einstein

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

BP/Pencil set trade

A SH PFM V in Burgundy with a BB nib. :drool:

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

My new PFM V, burgundy, fine nib, loaded with Sailor Kiwaguro ('extreme black') ink.

Yum.

:)

If I'd known PFMs were *this* sweet, I'd have bought one years ago.

1. A desk set in brown pearl stripe with a medium Triumph nib. (Noodler's Legal Lapis)

2. A Sovereign II in marine green striated with a medium Triumph nib. (Noodler's Aquamarine for Swisher)

3. Possibly a Crest Tuckaway with fine Triumph nib (Noodler's Legal Lapis). I use that one for bookkeeping.

I use the bulletproofs because they do better on Rhodia and the blasted coated paper that's in the Moleskine-clone from Markings by C.W. Gibson. 33 pages to go and I'm done with that sucker.

If I get some of my 30's Balances and Vac-Fills restored, I imagine I'll have a few more in the rotation. I just need to get them bundled and sent.

My BRAND NEW Cadmium yellow imperial that I just got from Ron Zorn.

The bad news is that I now have two in this style and am wondering if I have to start

collecting them.

skip

Sheaffer Balance II in Tigereye, Stub nib with Waterman's Havana Brown.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

Late-40s lever-fill black Crest with 14K gold Triumph nib...found this one in an antique store last weekend, the sac was shot; took it to Fred Krinke at LA Fountain Pen Shop on Tuesday, he re-sac'd it while I was there (great to have a storefront pen repair shop a short drive away :) ) and it was ready to go. Writes beautifully and looks great! (Currently loaded with Private Reserve blue--Fred asked me what I wanted it filled with, and I said "surprise me".)

This longtime Parker fan is starting to pick up a Sheaffer habit. :D

cfclark

email cfclarktn at gmail dot com Twitter cfclark Facebook PM me

51 Flighter Fetishist

Hi,

Sheaffer Connaisseur filled with Diamine Presidential Blue

Sheaffer Legacy I filled with Sheaffer Black

Sheaffer School pen (clear barrel/cap, no idea what model but very cheap) filled with Diamine Imperial Purple

Andy

Today I'm carrying my dark burgandy Snorkel Statesman with M4 nib and gold tube that I just brought back from the dead (previous owner dropped it on its tip... yes, you can straighten a 30 degree left curve out of a Triumph nib). I also have here at my desk my Red Veined Gray Pearl with a fine #3 nib (the pen in my avatar) that was this year's Father's Day gift from my daughter (what a great kid); and a black military clip pencil (price code of 300) that's part of a set.

Tim

(Oh yeah... the Snork is loaded with Noodler's Blue and the Balance with Squeteague.)

Edited by teej47

The only sense that's common is nonsense...