What Sheaffer pen are you using today?

MES

Let's start a new topic: What Sheaffer pen are you using today?

I have:

1. Prelude, fine point, with blue-black ink

2. Agio, fine point, with black ink

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrPJM1

• bernardo

• Fernan

• JRBell

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am using an Amber glow Balance II. It has MB black

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

A black Valor with Noodler's Swishmix Nile Ebony. I don't always match ink to pen color, but I do appreciate the synergy when they do match.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

Got my Heritage Legacy (black and silver) going with Private Reserve American Blue in it right now. I think the PR "Fast Dry" Ultra Black may have had some issues in this pen with regard to causing some feathering. The PR American Blue doesn't feather as bad on same paper with same pen, so that's my conclusion for now.

Broad nib Snorkle, black on black with black Sheaffer Ink.... then a flip to a fine nib green balance with the same ink...must be Friday only used 3 different pens : )

I've been carrying two different ones recently a 1935 marine green balance with autograph band. The other is a circa 1939 golden brown with jewelers band. Marine green does have a lip crack in the cap and the golden brown has a crack in the threads, great writers though.

Roger W.

Great topic!

I have about 10 filled and working pens all over my office. The Sheaffer's are:

Blue Snorkel Sentinel with medium nib with Visconti blue. I got this as NOS and I can't believe how well it performs.

Blue Snorkel Valiant with fine nib and PR DC Super Show blue.

Matte black Targa with Noodler's Baystate Blue (it can handle it).

Black Imperial IV with medium nib and BSB (it can also handle it).

Gold flutted Targa with fine nib and PR Chocolat.

I fill a pen and it stays somewhere in my office until it runs out of ink. At that point I clean it, put it away and replace it with another pen from the same manufacturer (mostly). About half my pens in action are Scheaffers and for the most part, they are my favorite pens.

-Mario

What does a dyslectic agnostic insomniac do?

He stays up all night wondering if there really is a DOG

PFM III, black, with a fine nib filled with Private Reserve Midnight Blues.

Only got it this week and I'm on :cloud9: already.

Matt

edit: added colour of pen!

Edited by mjb30

A Black and Pearl Balance filled with lake placid blue, and a brown striated balance with military clip filled with pelikan brown.

• Craftsman TD, F, P.R. Chocolat
  • Legacy 1, B, Lazzaroni Emerald Green
  • Intrigue, M, Sheaffer Blue

By the way, all are nice writers, but whoever designed the inner working of the Intrigue should be suspended by his thumbs for some days and invited to find a new career in some field other than mechanical design...

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

I've got blue ink in a Legacy I though need black ink for something I'm working on so will probably ink the Targa. Well, maybe not black but a very dark blue. Probably FPN Starry Night Blue.

The Targa is presently sitting after I cleaned it. Time to put it back into rotation.

1934 Sheaffer's OS Balance red veined marbled gray with a F nib, and its Junior mate with a wet noodle of a nib, both using Aurora black ink.

ANM: I love that Amber Glow acrylic, try it with Havana Brown, or FPN's own Galileo brown

Peter: I love that ink, has great shading.

Roger: coincidentally, my Marine Green is also an Autograph (last filled with Lierre Sauvage green ink)

NABodie: what year or clip style on that Black and Pearl?

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

I'm using a gold barleycorn Prelude with a fine point. The pen was advertised by Colorado Pen Company as being from the last American run of Preludes. It writes very nicely as does every other Sheaffer that I own, regardless of price.

Later,

Ron

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing & as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

A very nice Sheaffer NoNonsense calligraphy pen with fine italic nib. It's filled with Parker Quink washable blue for my journal writing.

Everyday I use my Snorkels and my Preludes, and sometimes my Javelin.

Real men use fountain pens (and real women use them too).

Legacy I F - sheaffer blue

Intrigue 'Silken Bark' F - sheaffer blue black

Targa 'matte black' XF - sheaffer brown

Still need me to find some different colors, too bad they don't support fountain pen aficionados in my city.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.

Rincewind, The Color of magic