The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Edison Pens-- Glenmont

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Your life is an occasion--rise to it!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2008 - 18:46

After a very unfortunate incident, a few months back, w/ my clear Pilot Custom 823 Demonstrator, I came into contact w/ Brian Gray w/ Edison Pens. My attempts to rectify the situation w/ Pilot had already proved fruitless. To make a long story short, Brian was able to fit the 14K nib from the aforementioned pen (which, BTW was SO smooth), to one of his creations--in this case, a deep blue Glenmont. It has black ends on the body and the cap, and a fairly narrow black cap ring. I was very impressed w/ the size and the heft of the pen. I guess this is my first FP where the cap doesn't post, but given the size of the pen unposted, it's probably for the best anyway. It is a very substantial pen. It feels good in the hand, and the converter holds quite a bit of ink. It just came in today, and the only ink I had at work was some Skrip Black. However, I plan on filling it with PR Black Magic Blue ASAP. If you're looking for a nice, custom-made pen, by someone whose easy to work with, you owe it to yourself to check out Edison Pens for yourself. (No affiliation whatsoever, just a satisfied customer.)

Edited by Tony the Tiger, 21 October 2008 - 20:59.

CURRENT STABLE:
(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:
MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

Sponsored Content

#2 jdboucher

jdboucher

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,332 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 19:09

QUOTE (Tony the Tiger @ Oct 21 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After a very unfortunate incident, a few months back, w/ my clear Pilot Custom 823 Demonstrator, I came into contact of Brian Gray w/ Edison Pens. My attempts to rectify the situation w/ Pilot had already proved fruitless. To make a long story short, Brian was able to fit the 14K nib from the aforementioned pen (which, BTW was SO smooth), to one of his creations--in this case, a deep blue Glenmont. It has black ends on the body and the cap, and a fairly narrow black cap ring. I was very impressed w/ the size and the heft of the pen. I guess this is my first FP where the cap doesn't post, but given the size of the pen unposted, it's probably for the best anyway. It is a very substantial pen. It feels good in the hand, and the converter holds quite a bit of ink. It just came in today, and the only ink I had at work was some Skrip Black. However, I plan on filling it with PR Black Magic Blue ASAP. If you're looking for a nice, custom-made pen, by someone whose easy to work with, you owe it to yourself to check out Edison Pens for yourself. (No affiliation whatsoever, just a satisfied customer.)

Nice review. I have had a great experience with Brian as well. Could you post a picture?

#3 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

• Member - Gold

• 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2008 - 19:16

Thanks jd. I realize that it's not a full, formal review. I just wanted to get something posted ASAP. I will try to get some pics posted this week.

Edited by Tony the Tiger, 21 October 2008 - 19:17.

CURRENT STABLE:
(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:
MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

#4 rroossinck

rroossinck

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 19:18

Told you... wink.gif

Glad you like it, and glad you were able to do something with that 823 nib!

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

#5 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

• Member - Gold

• 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2008 - 19:23

QUOTE (rroossinck @ Oct 21 2008, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Told you... wink.gif

Glad you like it, and glad you were able to do something with that 823 nib!

Thanks, Bud.
CURRENT STABLE:

#6 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

• Member - Gold

• 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2008 - 21:00

pics added
CURRENT STABLE:

#7 Hennypenny

Hennypenny

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 22:14

That's a gorgeous Glenmont. I have one in the Parker Red --your blue one is a beauty, and it's wonderful that you could utilize your Pilot nib!! Edison Pens rocks!! HP
The sky IS falling. C. Little

#8 jdboucher

jdboucher

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,332 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 22:41

Wow I really like that color! Great choice! I think I'm going to buy a Glenmont when Brian redesigns it to make it an eyedropper.

#9 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,432 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 22:55

I like what I've been hearing about B. Gray and it seems just from reading the pen reviews that he does listen to his customers. I was quite surprised that the newer models have a more sober design with sections offered in HR. This itself speaks leagues about attention to detail. I think I'm going to get me one of his pens soon.

Congratulations on the solution to your Pilot.

#10 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 23:51

I'm glad you turned your accident into a goldmine.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#11 pmsalty

pmsalty

shamus

• Member - Gold

• 1,316 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:29

Beautiful story, beautiful pen! Thanks for sharing!
PMS
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

#12 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

• Member - Gold

• 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2008 - 13:45

Thanks all. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm sure it will quickly become one of my "go to" pens.
CURRENT STABLE:

#13 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2008 - 15:23

Tony, I was following your 823 story and am glad to know that it was all well in the end. This pen looks gorgeous. Are the cap lip and the pen ends also Ebonite?

Regards,
Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

|