The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A tree and a bird...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jopen

Jopen

Always learning

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2008 - 22:15

When selecting a Maki-e FP, for the lucky people that may afford one, the first condition is if one can afford one of those beauties. The second and not less important is that the pen and the design have not only to like, but also to "talk" to one's heart...

I have been always atracted by most Namiki's designs and taste, but prices are high... sometimes, very high. Work involved in such pens is also very meticulous. I had my eye for a long time in one of their FP's and finally it was time to bring it home. I choosed a Yukari series which is by no means the high end, but was affordable. It arrived today and it was a real joy to open the parcel. It is not a big pen, but feels heavy if compared to the sensation of any HR urushi or makie pens which I'm used to (Danis). Once uncapped, the weight feels perfect. The nib... well a buttersoft Fine nib... a dream...

The design is apparently simple, some tree branches, a number of flowers and a very small bird, but all is so well distributed and so well done that the result is just the kind of Makie work I like. I have posted some extreme closeup photos to show the detail that is hidden to the naked eye. It is a spectacular tribute to detail. I just wanted to share it with all the makie lovers around...

enjoy...

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|