Bexley Simplicity

hari317

I have this same pen on the way. It is a beautiful pen but I must say my heart just sunk a bit seeing your photos as i had no idea the bexley logo was engraved so large on the barrel. I have not seen one in person and the website photos where I bought mine did not show the engraving. Half as large should have been plenty.

I am hoping it is less noticable in real life and that the pens beauty overshadows the engraving.

Tony

It's definitely less noticeable. Until you mentioned it, I hadn't thought about it. In normal light/use I doubt that you'll notice it either.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• andyk

• Rufus

• devjeethensh

I have this same pen on the way. It is a beautiful pen but I must say my heart just sunk a bit seeing your photos as i had no idea the bexley logo was engraved so large on the barrel. I have not seen one in person and the website photos where I bought mine did not show the engraving. Half as large should have been plenty.

I am hoping it is less noticable in real life and that the pens beauty overshadows the engraving.

Tony

I have a teal Simplicity from Richard Binder. In fact, I received it just a few days ago (and it is wonderful, by the way). There is no barrel imprint on my pen. I had to double-check to make sure that I hadn't missed some giant engraving.

You are welcome Kiavonne! Appreciation makes writing a review worthwhile.

Best,

Hari

Hari 317,

Can you tell me what the name is of the pen in your icon? The nib is fascinating

Barry

Tony, I kind of like the engraving on my pen. It is very well dine and not conspicuous at all.

I've bought four of them--but I want to report an odd problem with the Tortoise version. Don't know if this is peculiar to the run they made using this material, but it is peculiar that both Tortoises I bought have a nasty problem of ink leaking into the section and completely flooding it.

Hi, ensure that the nib unit is snugly threaded into the section and that the converter is fully inserted. Unlike other designs, in the Simplicity, the converter fits entirely into the nib unit's rear end. The section is only a outer cover for the nib unit. Mine was quite loose when I received it.

Can you tell me what the name is of the pen in your icon? The nib is fascinating

Barry, that is a Ratnamson 42P solid silver ED pen with a hand-hammered 14K nib, custom engraved with my name.

I think I've just found my next purchase.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Best,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Beautiful review!

Has anyone compared the Simplicity with the steel nib Richard supplies against the version with the gold nib from hisnibs.com?

Since both gentlement are wizards of the nib, I would speculate that both are equally fine writers, but I've never seen either pen in person.

ron

Mine arrived today. UPS decided to deliver it to Baltimore where I live yesterday but then put it on a truck for a one day round trip to Philly first as it would have been delivered one day early <g>.

Anyway, it is a beauty and writes like a charm. I opted for the 18k nib from John Mottishaw so it matched my Tortoise Posiden. Lucky for me neither pen carries the barrel engraving!

Tony

Lifetime Leather Journal Covers

The Heirloom Razor Strop Co.

Hari - These are some of the best photos of this pen that i have ever seen , even considering the ones which show this pen advertised in various sites.

By the way , knowing your love for the for the ED filler system , i can't resist myself from asking whether you have tried using this pen as an ED filler ?

Some of the ink colours would look wonderful in this transclucent pen.

regards,

Dev

Has anyone compared the Simplicity with the steel nib Richard supplies against the version with the gold nib from hisnibs.com?

Ron, that would be an useful comparison. However I am given to understand that the steel nib unit and the gold nib units will not interchange probably because the steel one is a Schmidt unit and the gold one is BOCK?

Lucky for me neither pen carries the barrel engraving!

Congratulations Tony!

By the way , knowing your love for the for the ED filler system , i can't resist myself from asking whether you have tried using this pen as an ED filler ?

Some of the ink colours would look wonderful in this transclucent pen.

Thank you Dev. No I have not tried to use it as an ED since that would involve sealing the barrel end piece thread joint too. I also fear that the barrel will stain with ink. However members have reported success with the ED conversion of this pen. I have enough ED pens and like to enjoy this pen in stock configuration. This pen continues to be in my rotation and it does not dry out even when neglected for weeks.

Regards,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you Dev. No I have not tried to use it as an ED since that would involve sealing the barrel end piece thread joint too. I also fear that the barrel will stain with ink. However members have reported success with the ED conversion of this pen. I have enough ED pens and like to enjoy this pen in stock configuration. This pen continues to be in my rotation and it does not dry out even when neglected for weeks.

Regards,

Hari

Thanks Hari . Yours observations are very valid and i didn't consider the barrel end cap sealing at all.

regards,

Dev