MB Boheme

fuchsiaprincess

Thanks for review and re-uploading the images. I once owned the pre-boheme model (before it the name was changed to Boheme) but I eventually sold it to a friend because I couldn't get past the cartridge only feature.

You're very welcome! I'm still unsure about the cartridge only option myself. I may end up refilling with a syringe....

Regards,

Soki

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fuchsiaprincess

• Immoteus

• blueskies

• solitaire

I have a Boheme and I like it but since this is a network where the downside as well as the upside of everything can be mentioned may I say that the Boheme has disadvantages.

Did you see those photos of a Boheme that had broken leaving the nib inside the broken half?

The owner sent the pen back and got a replacement but that broke in the same way (its because the brass lining does not go all the way, as you can see by looking inside)

After seeing those pix I do not screw the cap in tightly.

Another problem that arises is that you MUST post the cap in order to use the nib. If you scew the nib out by hand, you have to put the cap down somewhere while doing it.

Lastly, since it doesn't take a converter it's not so easy to clean.

I suppose an ultrasonic cleaner is the best way.

I'd be interested to hear comments from Boheme owners and users.

I still like the pen

Solitaire

Greetings Soki,

Thank you for the review. Even more, for having the thoughtfulness to use the Boheme to write it! I enjoyed seeing the results of the Boheme as much as the evaluation.

I too thought that most of the Boheme FPs in gold trim had jewels. I posted an inquiry into this matter yesterday on the forum.

Actually, I have a Boheme gold (no jewel) pencil and ballpoint and hope to round out the set with a FP whenever one becomes available. I will be in your debt if you should ever decide to switch to a jeweled Boheme FP and sell this model, and you decide to drop me a message regarding the current model (and its potential availabilty). I am new to this forum, but am quite avid in my enjoyment of MB (my primary pen is a 149 I've used since '96).

Anyway, enough about me, suffice it to say, thank you for the review. I enjoyed it. And should you decide to part with the gold trim--I'm sure we can quickly reach an agreement. And I would like knowing you someday find the one with the jewel of your taste (am I correct in thinking that a ruby accompanies the gold trim FP; platinum comes w/ onyx, emerald, or sapphire?).

Best Regards,

Mike

Thank you very much, Mike! My Boheme actually has the platinum trim (the trick of the lighting), so it will not go with the rest of your set - sorry! However, if you're still interested, I will contact you if I ever decide to get one with the jewel. Like you, I couldn't find one without the jewel anywhere on the internet but QM2 wrote that they are an option if one does not fancy the "Bling!" factor.

I think you are correct in the jewel/trim combo. However, I will defer to the more experienced MB users on this forum. The MBs are very lovely pens to write with.

Take care and enjoy being a part of FPN!

Regards,

Soki

Hi Soki,

I gave my wife a gold/ruby Boheme a couple of years ago but sold it after she decided she enjoyed a rollerball and ballpoint more. I liked the Boheme FP but the ruby wasn't for me, at the time. Now, turquoise--that would be another story! :-) Anyway, if you do consider selling the Platinum, I will be interested in it.

Best Regards,

Mike

"All men [sic] of whatsoever quality they be, who have done anything of excellence, or which may properly resemble excellence, ought, if they are persons of truth and honesty, to describe their life with their own hand; but they ought not to attempt so fine an enterprise till they have passed the age of forty. This duty occurs to my own mind, now that I am trevelling beyond the term of fifty-eight years, . . . I am now more free . . . . " Cellini