The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Two new Viscontis in my pen cup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewC

AndrewC

user

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:31

I get e-mails about specials from Joon. The prices were at cost, or at least half retail. The day the Guillochet arrived I got the ad for the Ragtime I. Thought I'd break a finger as tried to dial the phone at light speed, as they only had one. The steel nib in the black pen has a bit of tooth to it, the green one is smooth as can be. They both have great flow, and start right up every time. The black pen is around the size of a Pelikan M200. Pistons work smoothly, and hold a fair bit of ink. Fit and finish is excellent. The black pen feels very light, almost like a "cheap" pen, but it is very well made. The guillochet is only on the barrel, and is fairly subtle. The celluloid of the Ragtime I is beautiful. This is a pen I wanted for a long time, and I am happy to have gotten it at a sumgai price.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

Sponsored Content

#2 bugmd

bugmd

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:38

Congratulations on two Italian beauties. That Ragtime is the first Visconti that I ever bought. Got it used off the 'bay. For reasons that are unclear to me I sold it. I think it was a combination of the blind cap, the clip and the seam in the celluloid. Pretty dumb of me to let her go, wish I still had her. Thanks for sharing the lovely pens with us.
A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

#3 RevAaron

RevAaron

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:51

I just bought a Ragtime Black from a fellow FPN user in the Marketplace... I hope it's the same model as that black, at least in that the blind cap comes off to reveal the piston knob- rather than the blind cap being the piston knob. I'm not entirey sure why, but I prefer that in my vintage pens. Bonus!

That celluloid is gorgeous!

/me hopes to go sumgai sumdai! biggrin.gif
WTB: Ford's Patent Pen, Pilot Blue ink (Thai)
Also: Orthos Pens | Danish MB #4 nib | 1G Hundred Year Pen cap

#4 Bryant

Bryant

Chatterleyluxuries.com

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:35

Very nice, congrats!
Bry

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on... 

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

#5 Susanna

Susanna

il meglio del Made in Italy

• Member - Gold

• 1,070 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2008 - 13:12

Wonderful Ragtime I!
Now you ought to add the 3rd Ragtime, the 20th Anniversary (same clip)

Edited by Susanna, 20 October 2008 - 13:13.

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog:  blog.giardino.it

Sponsored Content

|