• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• QM2

• Strang

• dandelion

Haven't tried an E-motion yet but I did buy a resin Ambition recently for work use and have been similarly very impressed - a great writer and excellent value. I strongly suspect that it won't be the last FC pen I own.

I'll put in a quick good word for the e-motion series, they are short and stubby and weigh a fair amount but they are superb performers, the performance of the nibs far outreaches the fairly plain look.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I'll put in a quick good word for the e-motion series, they are short and stubby and weigh a fair amount but they are superb performers, the performance of the nibs far outreaches the fairly plain look.

Nice to see so many people appreciate this rather less know pen.

I am so pleased with it I still use it and the Paragon is still at home resting.

Respect to all

Thanks for the great review. My E-Motion has worked its way into the bottom of my pen case where it will likely be relegated to spot duty at best. The metal section, lack of balance, very juicy flow, and over-all weight of this pen means that, for me, there are just better choices.

Thanks for the great review. My E-Motion has worked its way into the bottom of my pen case where it will likely be relegated to spot duty at best. The metal section, lack of balance, very juicy flow, and over-all weight of this pen means that, for me, there are just better choices.

Well to each his own.

This pen is not without its flaws but I guess for me the overall feeling is very pleasing.

By the way what pen/pens is at the top of your list ?

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

Well to each his own.

This pen is not without its flaws but I guess for me the overall feeling is very pleasing.

My Top 5 right now (for overall design, writing experience, and general joy of use) are: Nakaya Art Model Cherry Blossom; Conway-Stewart 100 Series Yellow Whirl, Stipula Etruria, Visconti Art Nouveau, and a Pilot Custom 845 Urushi. Next week the list might be different but for today this is it.

Well to each his own.

My Top 5 right now (for overall design, writing experience, and general joy of use) are: Nakaya Art Model Cherry Blossom; Conway-Stewart 100 Series Yellow Whirl, Stipula Etruria, Visconti Art Nouveau, and a Pilot Custom 845 Urushi. Next week the list might be different but for today this is it.

Good taste and nice pens.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Respect to all

i am a HUGE fan of the e-Motion pen. i have it in the parquet finish and it is my favourite modern user pen.

thanks for your review- good work!

• 3 weeks later...
i am a HUGE fan of the e-Motion pen. i have it in the parquet finish and it is my favourite modern user pen.

Glad you like your Emotion as well.

Since I got it I didnt stop using.I have even stored the Paragon for a while.

The Emotion isnt the perfect pen like my Paragon is but still it is one of the pen pens I have and the nib is only second to the Paragon nib.

Respect to all

• 1 month later...

I tried this particular pen at the store the other day. Hesitated. Came back read the great review and comments and then gone back the next day and bought it.

I agree that the nib is excellent, more sensitive then my nice diplomat. Maybe it has to do with the size of the nibs perhaps...

I brought it in to an exam. Fabulous writer. However, I have a a point that differs from many of you. I find it very comfortable to write caped-on. Initially I feel it is indeed on the heavy side. But after writing with the cap, then try writing uncapped, it seemed that I had to use more effort to guide the pen. Whereas, with it capped, the writing demands less effort. Interesting.

Well built pen. Very sturdy. I like the cap a lot.

I have a fine nib on mine by the way.

Cant wait to try to put some Visconti ink in it.

Cheers

I've admired the FC E-Motion for awhile now and I love wood pens even though its not all wood. Does the cap post? Just a little pet peeve of mine because I never know what to do with the cap if I can't post it. I do have the E-Motion 1.4mm pencil and ball pen and love them.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Not bad given the fact the E-Motion has a steel nib !! It is a superb nib and as I said in my previous post it is my favourite modern pen.

for mine if you push it down with some pressure, it posts.

I recently purchased one on E-Bay and love how it writes. My only problem is the grip - I am used to pens having a lip at the end of the grip - with the taper on this pen I find myself trying to grip it so hard my hand starts to hurt. I love how it writes but this is a problem for me.

Do many other pens have a grip like this ? It is the first one I have purchased?

• 5 months later...

I have this and the FC Ambition. Both are smooth writers, to be sure, and very attractive with their wood barrels, but both have flaws, too. The E-Motion doesn't post. FC really was careless here, because without posting, the pen can be too small for some hands. It certainly tires my hand out. The Ambition posts beautifully, but it is so straight, without the slightest taper towards the section, that it, too, tires out my hand. It is like writing with a straight tube. I wonder if FC consciously made these pens good, but with just enough shortcomings to make you want to upgrade to their more expensive lines...The flaws are so obvious that you would think their excellent craftsmen would have noticed and remedied them. By the way, they write best with Faber-Castell ink, Royal Blue--a great juicy ink in a bottle that looks suspiciously like Pelikan but is far more expensive...

• 4 years later...

I have seen one @ 40% off at a local shop that's going out of business. They also have a Sonnet ( red with GP nib) at the same & same discount. If I'm tempted, which way should I fall, my friends?

I don't own a Sonnet, but I do have a FC Emotion. The pen is robust, well made and the nib is great, so smooth. I don't post my pens, which I think is good as this pen is heavier than most. I really like it and the shape is interesting if a little unusual.

• 8 months later...

Found your review very helpful when deciding whether to buy an emotion. I find mine skips a little sometimes (medium nib, tried a few black inks so far including waterman, j herbin, and parker) - does anyone else have this problem?

What a beautiful pen though!

http://images.resolve.me.uk/i/575c6f10ce3f7acbb8abb42789ae6a47375c154c.jpg