What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Today is a Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial day. Those Sheaffer nibs with their upturned point certainly are smooth...

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ran out of ink in my Black Carbonesque Pilot Vanishing Point today, which was filled with Pilot Blue-Black, and I have been using the following at work:

Sheaffer NoNonsense M (black/silver) - Sheaffer Skrip Blue (vintage)

Pilot Varsity M (black)

Pilot 78G F (black/gold) - Noodler's Black

Platinum Preppy 05 (red) - Noodler's Nikita

Parker 45 Flighter F (vintage) - Montblanc Toffee Brown

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Cross Century II rollerball for my check register and appointment book--stubby Cross Autocross leather mini-pen for quick notes while reading and Cross sterling silver Townsend FP for making out some greeting cards. vinper

My two inked Nakayas (a Portable and a Piccolo, both clipless, with a fine nib and a broad stub nib respectively), but today used sparingly as these both have inks that I've become tired of color-wise. I need to flush them and pick different colors.

Otherwise, it has been a vintage day:

Parker 51 black vac with a lovely silver cap, fine nib, Herbin Poussière de Lune. A classy, classic pen; I adore this ink.

1950s celluloid Montblanc 144, flexible OBB nib, Herbin Bleu Nuit. Have I mentioned how awesome this nib is? Every time I write with this pen, the clouds part, glowing angels descend, and there is much singing and harp-plucking. :cloud9:

Pelikan 800, filled with Visconit Blue.

I can't believe this one didn't make the cut of my four keeper pens in the "If You Could Start Over" thread. Glad I don't have to settle for just four pens!

Pilot Custom 823 clear transparent, 18K medium nib, filled with Iroshizuku tsuki-yo :notworthy1:

Pilot Custom 823 amber, 14K fine nib, Waterman Havana :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

TWSBI 540 clear transparent, steel fine nib, filled with Montblanc Midnight Blue :clap1:

TWSBI 540 blue transparent, steel fine nib, blue pigmented ink :roflmho:

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Einstein)

http://www.facebook.com/GuentherDebertin

Lamy aquamarine Safari, F nib, Lamy Turquoise

Pilot Vanishing Point (white), F nib, Black Swan in Australian Roses

Jackie

2 pens today -

A classic: Parker Vacumatic M nib in striated blue (1939) with Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris

And a classicly styled German piston filler: Tropen F nib in burgundy (2011?) with Diamine Presidential Blue

Waterman Expert II fine nib, loaded with Noodler's Heart of Darkness. I used this combination to address letters and postcards last week, liked the results and will stick with it for a while. Hadn't used much black the past few months.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Simpole Jasmin, italic fine nib, Aurora Blue.

Nakaya Piccolo Housoge Shu, broad stub nib, much-diluted Noodler's Purple Heart (which now shades beautifully!).

Kaweco Sport, 1.9mm italic nib, Diamine Soft Mint.

Pilot Vanishing Point White, fine nib, Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses

TWSBI 540 Diamond, fine nib, Diamine Ultra Green

Lamy Al-Star Blue Silver, extra fine nib, J. Herbin Violette Pensee

Lamy Safari Aquamarine, fine nib, Lamy Turqoise

Edited by amarelarte
Jackie

Montblanc 342 Black GFTrim Extra-Flexie OBB Nib...Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue..

Pelikan 140 Black GFTrim Flexie BB Nib...Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue..

Delta Nautilus Blue/.925 Expressive Fine Nib...Skrip # 24 Blue Black..

Pelikan 100N Black GFTrim Extra-Flexie OB Nib...Skrip # 24 Blue Black..

Bexley Decoband Blue Black Ebonite {Hard Rubber} .925 Filigree Clip 585/1000 White AU...Skrip # 24 Blue Black..

Montblanc 149 Black GFTrim Semi-Flex Fine Nib...Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue..

Bexley Decoband 99 Sapphire* Blue Pearl .925 Trim/Cap Band Clip 585/1000 White AU..Skrip # 24 Blue Black..

Classic Pens Legend Experimental Indigo Rhodium Trim Sweet Fine Italic Nib..Swishmix Tahitian Pearl..

fpn_1330401542__classicpenseightbexpelmmbdelta.jpg

Fred

pilot 823 F and a Lamy Safari F

J

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

Nakaya Portable sumi cherry blossoms, fine nib, Noodler's Black.

Parker 51 black vac, fine nib, Herbin Poussière de Lune.

Sheaffer PFM III, Parker Quink.

I may revert to using Noodler's on this pen since tiny amounts of ink is leaking on the top of inlaid nib. :crybaby:

Kaweco ICE Sport Green, Fine nib, converted to ED with Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel

Kaweco Sport Demonstrator, EF nib, converted to ED with Caran d'Ache Grand Canyon

Lamy Vista, Medium nib, Waterman's Florida Blue

Waterman Phileas, Fine nib, converted to ED with Noodler's BSiER

Trying to make some use of some of my samples from Goulets, they just make me want to buy more ink. :roflmho:

Edited by amarelarte
Jackie