What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Well, I recieved a few pens in the mail this weekend and a few from repair and also I work on a few:

Stipula Saturno Olive Woodgrain color W/1.1 Stub Nib

Aurora Optima Burgandy Red W/Broad nib (I worked on this nib for a few hours on Saturday) It was once a toothy nib now it is a smooth Juicy Broad nib!!! Patience and persistance Pays off!!

Lamy 2000 W/Broad Nib Thanks Kurt!! This is a fantastic Pen with a wonderfully smooth nib. Why did I wait so long to buy a Lamy 2000?

Visconti Copernicus Black&Blue celluloid striped W/Medium nib

Stipula Etruria Ocean Blue W/1.3 Stub Nib

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Denis Richard

The Classics today :

- Pelikan M400 White Tortoise (J.Herbin "Eclat de Saphir") and its Mechanical Pencil companion.

- Pelikan M620 Place de la Concorde. (Noodler's Aquamarine)

- Waterman Sérénité. (Noodler's Black)

Edited by Denis Richard

Two in my pocket:

Taccia continental in Jade Green, italic nib, with Lamy Green

Viceroy with AM Bordeaux

and in my pen case in my backpack

Sheaffer Legacy Heritage with Levenger Skies of Blue

Danitrio Avant Garde with PR Blue Suede (my favorite ink)

cheers

skyp

Sheaffer 1949 Touchdown Sentinal in Blue, Diamine Imperial Purple

with Matching Pencil

Marxton (Eclipse) streamline in green and black marble with flex Warranted 14K nib - Diamine Imperial Purple

and, not in the pocket because it is missing a clip,

big black Eclipse flat-top with Warranted 14K Canada nib, semi-flex - Diamine Violet

Plus a bevey of pens in the carrying case.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Guest Denis Richard

For the last few days I have been using almost exclusively my Pelikan Place de la Concorde filled with Noodler's Aquamarine. It's a winning combo, imho.

A beautifully understated and quietly stylish burgundy Pelikan M250 with a Binderized gold stub italic nib and Noodler's Black.

Kevin

Beaker606

"Your library is your paradise."

--Desiderius Erasmus c.1466-1536

Got 4 today..

Cross Sport...Cross Noir...

Cross Verve...Cross Noir

Pelikan Level 5...Pelikan Level Blue/Black

Parker 17...PR Velvet Black

Just four I picked out...trying to see if they will be around after the cull...

for sure the Verve and 17 will

the Level is a strong probable

the Sport is a maybe...I have several...

Bill...

This afternoon I flushed my Filcao Columbia to make space in my Piquadro for this World War II-vintage "TRIUMPH" Lifetime lever filler:

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/wwii_lf.jpg

Nice wet medium nib, loaded with vintage Skrip Washable Blue. It's a great complement for the Blue Cedar "51":

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/51_cedar_sterling.jpg

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

I received my Danitrio Tamenuri Mikado from Kevin a few days ago and I haven't wanted to write with anything else since. The pen, as many of you know, is enormous and yet it is light and shaped so that it fits into my fairly small hand beautifully. The nib is a "soft" fine. I've filled it with Noodlers Red Black (which approximates the color of the pen). I am an over the top left hander and the ink flow is such that I find no problem with smudging even using some pretty slick Clairefontaine paper.

I chose the clipless version since the pen really is too big to fit comfortably in a shirt pocket. The only marking on the pen (other than on the two-tone 18k gold nib) is the signature in Kongi of the artist in gold color on the section.

Maybe in time I'll tire of using it, but I wouldn't bet that way.

Now the question is what to do with the other 200 pens in my collection.

Since this is my first post, I'm not sure the image will show up. If it does, you should note that it is Kevin Cheng's, not mine.

Bob

post-4-1139717774_thumb.jpg

Two today - Blue Signum Orione with Diamine Prussian Blue and Bexley Submariner Grande Richard Binder Cobalt Pearl SE with custom oblique cursive italic nib filled with J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Three today - two are new, and one is my all-time favorite:

1) New: Danitrio flex-fine polished raw ebonite Densho eyedropper model, Aurora Black ink. Was having problems with ink flow through the feed, but things are somewhat better after an adjustment by Jim At Bertram's Inkwell (Baltimore, MD). When the ink is flowing like it should, this is one amazing pen. If it gives me any more significant probs, will contact the ever-gracious Winedoc, but I think it's gonna be all good from here.

2) New: Blue Pelikan M605, medium nib, Aurora Blue ink. Bought on clearance at Bertram's, the same day Jim adjusted my new Dani, this is one hell of a pen. Slightly stingy with ink flow, but I'm okay with that. Different flow characteristics are called for with different inks/situations. The nib is pretty much a nail, but gets good line variation as the Pelikan standard seems somewhat of a stub by some other makers' standards. At least that's my relatively pen noob experience. I like this pen size physically more than any other Pelikan. Large enough for me to hold comfortably, but without the brass weight of its larger brothers.

3) Old: I'm rarely without one of two Parker 75s given to me by my dad. I remember playing with these pens at less than 5 years of age, and they still write as well or better than anything I have. The one I usually carry is a ciselé with a springy wet medium nib, always filled with Aurora Blue.

Edited by amin

Today - two from the same family. Omas MoMA with WM South Seas Blue and large Paragon with WM Blue-Black, both with nice medium nibs.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Only Pelikan Future (B nib) with Pelikan Black

Take Care,

Emrecan

Greetings from İstanbul

the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K

Today, I'm toting in my leather pencil case

a Pelikan M420, F, "David's Real Waterman Blue Black" (4 parts Florida Blue: 1 part Black)

a Lamy 2000, F, Noodler's Tahitian Pearl

a vintage Aurora 88, M, Waterman Havana Brown

a black Waterman Charleston, F, Waterman Red

and a grey Waterman Carène, F, Sailor BB

Also, my Pelikan LE 1935 Lapis is currently sitting on my desk with a bellyful of Havana Brown, awaiting the arrival of a medium stub from Richard. I'd take this pen everywhere, but I would really, really hate to lose it. Have a great day,

David

Edited by parrhesia

Nakaya Celluloid Tortoise (nice camphor smell) with medium flexible nib and PR copperburst.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

Ready to go to Chile with me:

* Sheaffer Imperial Cadmium Yellow with my mixture of 1/2 Montblanc red and 1/2 Sheaffer King's Gold (I might find some time to check those articles).

medium.jpg

(Picture by nope)

* Sheaffer Intrigue Blue-blue with that magnificent factory stub nib and Pelikan Violet ink. Addictive nib.

medium.jpg

(Pic by PenHero)

* Pelikan M200 Anthracite with replacement stub nib from Pendemonium and back Quink.

medium.jpg

(Pic by Swisherpens)

* Dani Trio Mikado size Matte Ebonite with Noodler's Blue Black flowing from its factory stub nib.

medium.jpg

(Pic by Winedoc)

* Namiki/Pilot Vanishing Point in Black Carbonesque with replacement stub nib from Pendemonium and Noodler's Standard Brown.

medium.jpg

(Pic by Namiki)

Do I need five pens for a ten days trip? You are right! I should be taking more with me :doh: