I've switched over to Vintage Mode again

Karin

I wonder how my little pen brain works. B) I've been buying and using modern pens for quite awhile now. Even thought about selling most of my vintage pens :huh:

Then while reading the thread about Parker 51's, I got out my one and only remaining 51 and filled it with Swisher Blue Black ink. Ack. I'm in love again. I've been using a Shaeffer Legacy with the same ink for about a month now. And last night, I inked an Estie J. :o :o :o

I spent the last two days looking at 51's on many, many pen sites. Last night, there it was in Marketplace. The 51 that I've been lusting after.

So, it's out with the new and in with the old :lol: :lol:

:bunny1: :bunny1:

Fountain Pen Abundance

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blorgy

• Karin

• grasshopper

• Elaine

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew!!

I'm so glad to read this post, Karin - it just confirms my firm belief that I can't be the only one who has yo-yo'd back and forth between moderns and vintages. Yyyeaaahhhh!!! Go Karin!!!

G.

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Yup...It would be hard to stick with vintage only or modern only for me, too. Some days, or even weeks, I don't lust after any pens--but then the urge hits again. I have it in my head somewhere that I'd prefer mostly vintage. But right now there are 3 vintage and 3 modern pens I'd like to have!

I'd be in quite a quandry if I had to permanently choose one over the other.

:) Ann

I really don't think it matters if you dabble between the new and the old, so long as you appreciate both ;)

Wise words indeed, peachez. B)

Hmmm... peachez parker... has a nice ring to it, no? :D (time for you to fire up that camera too, methinks! ;) )

Ann, Karin - perhaps we can coin a new term for people like us... vinterns or modages... :doh: :lol:

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

]Ann, Karin - perhaps we can coin a new term for people like us... vinterns or modages...

Those words have lots of potential oh ye Hopper. vintner :drool: sagedom :rolleyes:

Ah, heck, just nuts would probably be more appropriate in my case. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:bunny1: :bunny1:

Fountain Pen Abundance

While I haven't swung completely over to the modern side, I've been adding more moderns to my "collection" than I ever thought I would. The recent purchase of a Columbus Academia has really won me over. I'm not even a fan of green pens, but I love the way this pen looks, feels, and writes. I may even have to abandon my current "only one pen inked at a time" scheme. I don't want to take the Columbus out of rotation and there are other pens screaming to come out and play.

I can't decide on which pens I like best, vintage or modern.

So I take the easy way out: I buy both!

I love the old Sheaffers & Parkers, etc....,and I love my Germans, Italians, Japanese and French moderns.

Elaine: I have had an Academia for over 3 years -I love the nib!

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

As for taking photographs, I did take a photo of my new old Parker and I posted it in my original thread on the subject, only nobody commented on it. I figured it was cos nobody liked her :huh:

On my screen, your photo was tiny and a bit blurred. I suspect that a larger photo would have commanded more attention. I looked in my book to see what a Parker Lady looked like. I doubt if anyone disliked your pen. I hope that it writes well.

Roy, think I might go for purple. Blorgy, I'm a rubbish photographer but the pen writes well.

Hi,

As of now, I have some vintage and modern--quite balanced. :)

Anyway, I shall say that red ink is BAD for pens. It adds this weird layer of sticky goo to the inside of your pen. The only luck I have had at removing it was by soaking the whole nib unit in water for a month or two.

Oooo, Vectors are nice!!! I have four of them :)

Purple ink, I loooove purple, how is Pelikan Violet? :) I have many pens with that ink in them at the moment.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Grasshopper - Peachez Parker has a certain ring to it :D As for taking photographs, I did take a photo of my new old Parker and I posted it in my original thread on the subject, only nobody commented on it. I figured it was cos nobody liked her :huh:

Peachez,

I like your Old Lady, just that she only appeared in a passport photo that's all, bit difficult to appreciate at that size :D

Jim

You can't go wrong with a Parker!! :rolleyes:

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

Anyway, I shall say that red ink is BAD for pens. It adds this weird layer of sticky goo to the inside of your pen. The only luck I have had at removing it was by soaking the whole nib unit in water for a month or two.

That's a pretty serious overgeneralized statement you're making there Dillon. Can you back that up with proof that every red ink does that or do you have a list of inks that you've had experience with that do this.

thanks,

Kurt H

I'm a ...... photographer .

On Feb 16, your photo of your handwritten message, was 547 x 546 pixels. That photo looked good, and it was full size.

On Feb 14, your photo of your Parker Lady, was 95 x 102 pixels. That was a tiny photo.

I use photobucket too. I think that there are two versions of your photos at photobucket. My guess is that you are showing us the tiny version of your photo at photobucket, instead of the full size version. Please show us the full size version, at your leisure. :drool: (Drooling with anticipation.)

Edited by Blorgy

Okay Blorgy, here's the full version. I'm probably doing it all wrong, and it's still a little blurred but here goes nothing...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e108/dominichyde/pen.jpg

I don't know your camera, peachez, but maybe it has a kind of 'macro' setting, which could allow the camera to focus properly for closeup shots? :huh:

That may result in sharp shots and a happy peachez :P

Okay Blorgy, here's the full version.  I'm probably doing it all 

What a gorgeous shiny red pen. You have cleaned it beautifully. I hope it lives long and prospers. :)