• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• edbollix

• hari317

• jdboucher

• gregamckinney

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a cool site for Guider Pens from India. How reliable are they?

I hear good things about the pens themselves. See this other FPN thread for discussion around the company/distribution.

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I have a Guider Rajan that I purchased from Steve Braun at www.allwritenow.net about two weeks ago. It is a beautiful pen and writes like a dream. It holds a LOT of ink and was very reasonable in price. I liked it so much that I have another smaller body pen on order from Steve now. I intend to post a review of the Rajan tomorrow. I would post a picture or two but I lost my like to them and I'm beat and ready for bed now. I'll try to edit this tomorrow with the picture link but you can see the pen's at Steve's site. I really love writing with this pen, excellent fine nib.

Here are some pics that Steve sent me:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/edbollix/RAJAN002.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/edbollix/RAJAN005.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/edbollix/RAJAN006.jpg

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/edbollix/RAJAN009.jpg

Here are some pics that Steve sent me:

You have a nice hand! glad to note that you have used Chelpark Green an ink little known outside India, did you get the ink from Steve?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I recently got a Virat from Steve at AllWriteNow.net as well. Looks a lot like a black Vacumatic, except it's made of ebonite. The extra work Steve does on his pens is very apparent. The nib is very smooth, with very little feedback- just how I like it. I was a bit worried that an Indian pen might write a really fine line, like Chinese and Japanese pens. The line is fine, maybe F/M- I know some people have said their Guiders line is a bit wider than a fine. The flow is good, wetter than a Hero but not as wet as a Pelikan or Lamy. Just right, at least for me.

I've been using my Virat quite a bit, and I've not had any ink leakage. Oddly enough, because it doesn't have any sort of filler, there isn't a way to suck ink in through the nib or section like there is with even a C/C pen. I've had less ink end up inside the cap than with the piston and c/c fillers I have, which might be a happy suprise for some.

It's replaced my vac "51" as my goto pen for finer writing in Swisher's Midnight Black, which is the only boring colored cellulosic ink I've been using lately and comes in especially handy for notes, forms, checks, and mailing labels. I've taken to keep the Virat and a showier OBB nibbed pen clipped to my shirt. BTW, Swisher's MB is the only ink I've used in it so far, but it's working so well I don't have plans to mix it up any.

Not had any problems with leaks, either into the cap, onto clothing or onto my fingers. I don't carry pens in my pocket, but in a bag or clipped onto my tshirt, and even clipped on my shirt against the head of my body there haven't been any leaks. I have been topping it off every night or every other- the more air in an ED the more likely a leak or burp, as well as crappier flow.

All in all, I've been impressed! Part of me had sort of pinned them as cheap (and inexpensive) pens in my head, but my experience says otherwise. Definately thinking of one of those celluloid- real, smelly celluloid- Ajas. :)

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

Recently I received two Guider pens from our friend Hari! One Iinked immediately and writing since then without any problem whatsover!

Three Cheers for Guider Pens!

Abhik.

I recently got a Virat from Steve at AllWriteNow.net as well. Looks a lot like a black Vacumatic, except it's made of ebonite. The extra work Steve does on his pens is very apparent. The nib is very smooth, with very little feedback- just how I like it. I was a bit worried that an Indian pen might write a really fine line, like Chinese and Japanese pens. The line is fine, maybe F/M- I know some people have said their Guiders line is a bit wider than a fine. The flow is good, wetter than a Hero but not as wet as a Pelikan or Lamy. Just right, at least for me.

I've been using my Virat quite a bit, and I've not had any ink leakage. Oddly enough, because it doesn't have any sort of filler, there isn't a way to suck ink in through the nib or section like there is with even a C/C pen. I've had less ink end up inside the cap than with the piston and c/c fillers I have, which might be a happy suprise for some.

It's replaced my vac "51" as my goto pen for finer writing in Swisher's Midnight Black, which is the only boring colored cellulosic ink I've been using lately and comes in especially handy for notes, forms, checks, and mailing labels. I've taken to keep the Virat and a showier OBB nibbed pen clipped to my shirt. BTW, Swisher's MB is the only ink I've used in it so far, but it's working so well I don't have plans to mix it up any.

Not had any problems with leaks, either into the cap, onto clothing or onto my fingers. I don't carry pens in my pocket, but in a bag or clipped onto my tshirt, and even clipped on my shirt against the head of my body there haven't been any leaks. I have been topping it off every night or every other- the more air in an ED the more likely a leak or burp, as well as crappier flow.

All in all, I've been impressed! Part of me had sort of pinned them as cheap (and inexpensive) pens in my head, but my experience says otherwise. Definately thinking of one of those celluloid- real, smelly celluloid- Ajas. :)

Great! Glad to hear that they're reliable and leak free.

Recently I received two Guider pens from our friend Hari! One Iinked immediately and writing since then without any problem whatsover!

Three Cheers for Guider Pens!

Abhik.

All:

I got 2 pens from Steve in August. Both pens are perfect. Enough so I've not touched my Vintage pens till recently(got a Sheaffer Flat Top from art addict I can't seem to put down). I believe Rev AAron has succintly elucidated my thoughts on the pen exactly. What he said. You'll be cheating yourself if you don't get some, Jim

I bought one from Steve while sitting next to him at a pen club meeting and must admit that the color and size grabbed me right away. He siliconed up the threads right there and I must admit that I have not inked it yet. Too many others in the line.

Kurt

Hari, I can't take credit, it's Steve's hand writing and ink. I filled my pen with Private Reserve Sherwood Green and couldn't be happier. I may fool around with mixing ink some day but there are still a lot of stock colors I want before I do that.

Hari, I can't take credit, it's Steve's hand writing and ink. I filled my pen with Private Reserve Sherwood Green and couldn't be happier. I may fool around with mixing ink some day but there are still a lot of stock colors I want before I do that.

I should have read your post more carefully, you do say pics from Steve. Chelpark inks are really good, I don't see them being represented here on FPN at all.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.