The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Inoxcrom kukuxumusu

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eilu

eilu

Evil Genius

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 23:59

Pen is 13.8cm (5.43") and fairly light. Body and cap is plastic, with a rubbery grip sleeve on the section; nib is steel with no indications to width but writes similarly to a Parker F. Came with one cartridge; converter is available (but wasn't on stock when I bought the pen). Look and feel is akin to a ballpoint pen.
Price: Php 215 (USD 4.67)

It's an ok writer, but tends to be scratchy on upstroke. Nib is not flexible.

Overall, I'd say it's a good starter pen. Comes in a wide range of kooky designs (mine has various microbes throwing a dance party), including cartoony animals, devils, various Japanese anime/chibi-esque characters and 'designer' lines by Jordi Labanda and Agatha Ruiz del Prado. The designs are usually humorous (except for the designers, which are more on the sophisticated side and seem to be marketed for young girls) and modern. The designs probably make it suitable for giving to kids/teens you want to get started on the FP habit early.

For me the major selling point is the price- 1/3 of a Jotter/Vector, which is the next cheapest available on the local market, and decent value for money.

Edited by MYU, 21 November 2008 - 18:13.
added stock photo

Dropbox online file storage
Using my referral link gives us both 500MB more free space
Consider signing up and helping me out.

Sponsored Content

#2 soloworx

soloworx

soloworx

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2008 - 00:53

Yup, cute and inexpensive pens that just work well. However, after a couple of weeks, the cap has lost its 'snap' and is loose on the barrel already. Must be plastic fatigue or some such phenomenon!

#3 rbanks

rbanks

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:35

Got a freebe ball point with a cap/clip design that looks just like this. The clip broke in about 3 days. Since it was free, I didn't care. Be interesting to see if you have similar design problems.
Rob Banks

#4 eilu

eilu

Evil Genius

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 00:20

Update: must say that after seven days the pen is holding up quite well; the cap is intact and there are no signs of "plastic fatigue"
Dropbox online file storage
Using my referral link gives us both 500MB more free space
Consider signing up and helping me out.

#5 Titivillus

Titivillus

Museum Piece

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 00:20

off the wall pen! very neat.

K

#6 FountainPenAddict

FountainPenAddict

Left to clog ;(

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:49

I have one with a metallic body. If I was blind I would pass it off as a ball pint. I just use it in college in case I lost it I don't weep,

Sponsored Content

|