The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rotring Newton - Lava Steel EF

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zeroblade

Zeroblade

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 15:02

Written on plain school intermediate pad because I don't like to bother with fancy schmancy stationery (yet I'm using fountain pens...). Scanner's sort of busted, so I just used my camera and cropped and color-corrected in Photoshop.

newton_review.jpg

PS: don't mind the weird things I missed out like the hyphen in attention-grabber or the slash mark in cartridge / converter. I was focusing more on making my handwriting look a little more legible.

Sponsored Content

#2 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,647 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2008 - 15:34

For $30 USD, you did score a great deal. You generally can't get these for less than $60 on FleaBay. I really like the lava material--it's coarse enough for an excellent grip without feeling like sandpaper. The only trick of it is that darned cap. You have to line up the cap with the body sides rather precisely, or else it won't go on. The 600 "Newton" Lava is the 2nd generation 600, with some cap retention upgrades which may be contributing to this. I have an older 600 rollerball where it posts easier, but is getting a little easier than I'd like (I wonder if it will eventually get loose enough to slide off on its own).

These nibs are definitely not even semi-flexible--if you're pressing hard enough to flex it, you're exerting way too much pressure. These are super rugged pens that can last a lifetime, but I wouldn't recommend relying upon one as a daily writer unless you're a weight lifter. wink.gif

Edited by MYU, 22 September 2008 - 15:34.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sponsored Content

|