WTB: ST Dupont LE Shaman Olympio FP 481008

Shalori

I'm still wondering how the Shaman wound up in the poster's closet. He or she never really explained how they could have gotten it and thought it was an $80 pen. Weird. Just freaking weird. All I ever find in my closet is dust bunnies. Anyone wanna buy 'em?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shalori

• feiye

• dang1777

• Moravia

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neil,

If you happen to also have any information on the Medium-sized Olympio model fountain pens (as compared to the L and XL sizes), please don't hesitate to add this to your upcoming review.

I have been trying to decide between a M and L-size Olympio Nocturne pen so if you have any specific information regarding the differences as between the two, your posting of same would be appreciated.

Moravia.

The size descriptions in the Olympio/Orpheo line tends to be a bit confusing. As I see it and to simplify it a bit, in the US, the Olympio Large and Extra Large is referred to as the Orpheo Medium and Large and the Olympio Medium is referred to as the Fidelio line.

The reason I mention this, is that I believe that the Nocturne actually comes in the Olympio sizes Large (L) and Extra Large (EL).

Both size pens have excellent balance but my personal favorite is the Extra Large. That is probably because I favor heavy pens and the extra large is very heavy.

As a size comparison:

Diameter: 14mm (EL), 12mm (L)

Closed Length: 147mm (EL), 143 (L)

Unposted Length: 132mm (EL), 127mm (L)

The posted length can vary quite a bit depending on how much force you use to push the cap down and of course this also changes the balance assuming you write with your pens posted.

Although the EL is my favorite, the L tends to fit better in most things since it is about the size of a normal Fountain Pen. One striking example is my shirt pocket. The EL is too big to fit in some of my shirt pockets while the L fits perfectly. Although the picture is not very good, I have attached an image that hopefully helps to show the size difference.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Neil

Edited by Shalori

Neil,

Thank you for providing the sizing information and photo comparisons. I did not know that there existed such a discrepancy in the sizing of the Orpheo and Olympio.

I will keep that in mind regarding the Nocturne and will look to confirm whether the Nocturne Orpheo actually comes in the Olympio sizing as you mention.

Thanks again.

Want to Buy:

Vintage filigree overlay FPs

Neil,

Thank you for providing the sizing information and photo comparisons. I did not know that there existed such a discrepancy in the sizing of the Orpheo and Olympio.

I will keep that in mind regarding the Nocturne and will look to confirm whether the Nocturne Orpheo actually comes in the Olympio sizing as you mention.

Thanks again.

Moravia.

You are welcome. Unfortunately it gets even more complicated than my simple description as people and even the online stores use the Orpheo and Olympio names interchangeably as well as the size description. When in doubt, visit the Official ST Dupont Website. They don't have all the models but it helps.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Neil

Edited by Shalori

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files