WTB: ST Dupont LE Shaman Olympio FP 481008

Shalori

I am try to get my hands on an ST Dupont 2005 LE Shaman Olympio Fountain Pen. I prefer the Extra Large (481008) but will also settle for the Large (480008).

Any insane person willing to part with theirs for a reasonable price will be my new bff!

Thanks,

Neil

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/iguanasell/REF-00710/4.jpg

Edited by Shalori

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shalori

• feiye

• dang1777

• Moravia

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:blink:

$400????? That is a BARGAIN for the Shaman! I have the XL Shaman as well as the D-Link, but the both cost me in the >$500 category. Good luck with your search...it's a beautiful pen.

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

:blink:

$400????? That is a BARGAIN for the Shaman! I have the XL Shaman as well as the D-Link, but the both cost me in the >$500 category. Good luck with your search...it's a beautiful pen.

Yes it was quite a bargain but in was back in 2006. A new one also went quite recently on eBay for $499 but it was the Large version not the XL so I didn't bid. I am kind of regretting it now though. Enjoy yours!

Regards,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
I am try to get my hands on an ST Dupont 2005 LE Shaman Olympio Fountain Pen. I prefer the Extra Large (481008) but will also settle for the Large (480008).

Any insane person willing to part with theirs for a reasonable price will be my new bff!

Thanks,

Neil

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/iguanasell/REF-00710/4.jpg

Hey I'm new to the pen game. I found this pen in the closet and wanted to know how much it was worth so I googled it and ended up here. I did a little research and found out

it was going for around $600 to $900 on different sites. I was thinking about putting it on ebay and see if I could get $700 for it. Do u think this is a fare price? or what should i let it go for?

new to all this, not sure if it gained value or what the suggested retail price was. can someone help?? Brand New in Box. never used w/ all papers, cards, instructions and box of ink. S.T. Dupont Paris Shaman Limited Edition, 18kt wg nib, Chinese Lacquer, mother of Pearl accent. # 0425/1929. this pen was purchase in Paris France. also not sure what size it is think its a large.

post-22309-1223501364_thumb.jpg

post-22309-1223501592_thumb.jpg

You're new to the pen game, and just happened upon a LE pen perfect in box in your closet??

What else did you find in there?

Luke 13:1-9 saved my life.

You're new to the pen game, and just happened upon a LE pen perfect in box in your closet??

What else did you find in there?

Nothing else really just junk. this is the only pen I got and I don't know what to do with it. should i keep it in the safe and hope it gains more value?, use it?, sell it?, and whats a fair price to sell? Don't know much about pen collecting. I'm more of a watch collector Panerai, IWC, AP, Rolex, Cartier, Omega ect... just think I was gonna sell this pen to my friend for $80.00. lucky I googled it and found this site.. any suggestions????

Hey I'm new to the pen game. I found this pen in the closet and wanted to know how much it was worth so I googled it and ended up here. I did a little research and found out

it was going for around $600 to $900 on different sites. I was thinking about putting it on ebay and see if I could get $700 for it. Do u think this is a fare price? or what should i let it go for?

new to all this, not sure if it gained value or what the suggested retail price was. can someone help?? Brand New in Box. never used w/ all papers, cards, instructions and box of ink. S.T. Dupont Paris Shaman Limited Edition, 18kt wg nib, Chinese Lacquer, mother of Pearl accent. # 0425/1929. this pen was purchase in Paris France. also not sure what size it is think its a large.

This is the Dupont Shaman D-Link Limited Edition FP, not the Olympio. I bought mine for about US$500 new from a retailer, you're likely to get the same or a bit less for it. Very good pen though, I love mine to bits :)

I should add though that the D-Link Shaman was rarer than the Olympio - but the base model is not as expensive.

Edited by feiye

In rotation:

This is the Dupont Shaman D-Link Limited Edition FP, not the Olympio. I bought mine for about US$500 new from a retailer, you're likely to get the same or a bit less for it. Very good pen though, I love mine to bits :)

I should add though that the D-Link Shaman was rarer than the Olympio - but the base model is not as expensive.

thanks for the reply, also wondering whats the difference between the Olympio and the D-link? how many was made of each?

thanks for the reply, also wondering whats the difference between the Olympio and the D-link? how many was made of each?

I believe that 1929 units of each model were made which was a reference to Native American lunar calendar which is based on 29 day cycles.

The Olympio is a larger pen than the D-Link and actually came in two models, the large (480008) and the extra large (481008). Feiye had some lovely pictures of her Olympio and D-Link versions side-by-side that you should check out if you are interested. In my opinion, the D-Link is basically marketed as a lady's pen and, as Feiye said, they are price positioned a little lower than the Olympio. The last Shaman Olympio (480008) that went on sale on eBay went for $499 so I would guess that the D-Link would go for a little less if it is in mint condition. However, with a little patience you can probably get up to $600. I think it very unlikely you will get above that.

Good luck on your sale.

Regards,

Neil

P.S. Went rummaging in my closet but all I got was a sinus attack.

Edited by Shalori

I believe that 1929 units of each model were made which was a reference to Native American lunar calendar which is based on 29 day cycles.

The Olympio is a larger pen than the D-Link and actually came in two models, the large (480008) and the extra large (481008). Feiye had some lovely pictures of her Olympio and D-Link versions side-by-side that you should check out if you are interested. In my opinion, the D-Link is basically marketed as a lady's pen and, as Feiye said, they are price positioned a little lower than the Olympio. The last Shaman Olympio (480008) that went on sale on eBay went for $499 so I would guess that the D-Link would go for a little less if it is in mint condition. However, with a little patience you can probably get up to $600. I think it very unlikely you will get above that.

Good luck on your sale.

Regards,

Neil

P.S. Went rummaging in my closet but all I got was a sinus attack.

so basically the size is the only difference. does the olympio write better then the D-link?

I think the total was 1929 across all pens, lighters, sets and modes, not 1929 units of each model (it wasn't that large a run). I believe the first couple of hundred were the LE numbers for the sets, then the lighters and then the individual pens. I wanted to get the same LE number for my two Shamans but I was told this was impossible and given an explanation something like what I just wrote (which makes very little sense on reading through :headsmack: ). My Shaman numbers are 10 apart.

so basically the size is the only difference. does the olympio write better then the D-link?

All Dupont pens write excellently. The Olympio XL has a larger nib than the D-Link and the shape of the pen is different.

Edited by feiye

In rotation:

I think the total was 1929 across all pens, lighters, sets and modes, not 1929 units of each model (it wasn't that large a run). I believe the first couple of hundred were the LE numbers for the sets, then the lighters and then the individual pens. I wanted to get the same LE number for my two Shamans but I was told this was impossible and given an explanation something like what I just wrote (which makes very little sense on reading through :headsmack: ). My Shaman numbers are 10 apart.

Feiye.

I think your instinct might be right and a salesman was just trying to ensure his sale.

Firstly, the lighters go up to 2929. Secondly, even assuming that it was 1929 total pens alone and given that 7 different pen models were produced, that makes only 275 pens of each model available. Although that is a reasonable number, given the current availability and the fact that some seems to turn up at random in people's closet (sorry, couldn't resist), I think it unlikely. Besides the S/N: ???/1929 is a huge marketing tool to show the exclusivity of the product, if only 275 of a particular model was made, I am pretty sure they would have marked it ???/275.

Dang1777.

If you want more info on the pen differences check out:

S.T. Dupont Limited Editions

The Shamans are lower down in the list.

Regards,

Neil

P.S. Don't get us started on how well the Duponts write, we can go on and on. Just know all Dupont's are exceptionally smooth writers and I don't think you can go wrong with any one you choose.

Edited by Shalori

Feiye.

I think your instinct might be right and a salesman was just trying to ensure his sale.

Firstly, the lighters go up to 2929. Secondly, even assuming that it was 1929 total pens alone and given that 7 different pen models were produced, that makes only 275 pens of each model available. Although that is a reasonable number, given the current availability and the fact that some seems to turn up at random in people's closet (sorry, couldn't resist), I think it unlikely. Besides the S/N: ???/1929 is a huge marketing tool to show the exclusivity of the product, if only 275 of a particular model was made, I am pretty sure they would have marked it ???/275.

Good point. I would think though that a store would get in the pens with the same serial number if this were the case and not ones which are just 10 apart. My Olympio is 0178/1929 and the D-Link is 0168/1929. I think the run wasn't an even split over all models as I see a lot more Olympio Shamans being offered than the D-Link and the BP & RB are even rarer (none of the BP and RB were ever brought into Aus to my knowledge).

In any case, pretty pen and good luck in your search. And stop linking to Pensinasia's Dupont Limited Editions page, that new black MOP is utterly distracting! :P

In rotation:

Good point. I would think though that a store would get in the pens with the same serial number if this were the case and not ones which are just 10 apart. My Olympio is 0178/1929 and the D-Link is 0168/1929. I think the run wasn't an even split over all models as I see a lot more Olympio Shamans being offered than the D-Link and the BP & RB are even rarer (none of the BP and RB were ever brought into Aus to my knowledge).

In any case, pretty pen and good luck in your search. And stop linking to Pensinasia's Dupont Limited Editions page, that new black MOP is utterly distracting! :P

Feiye.

Yes, the black MOP is absolutely gorgeous. It would have been a must have if it wasn't for the boring cap (as you pointed out previously).

I am getting a bit off topic though.

Regards,

Neil

Feiye.

Yes, the black MOP is absolutely gorgeous. It would have been a must have if it wasn't for the boring cap (as you pointed out previously).

I am getting a bit off topic though.

Regards,

Neil

Wow when I went to school @ G.I.A my teacher told me about people who collect very expensive pens with diamonds, rubies, sapphire, and made out of gold but never thought anything off it. The only expensive pen that I've ever seen was a mont blanc. now that I've found this pen and did some research on different pen companies I think I found myself another new hobby that I cant afford. thanks guys for all the input. I look at pens in a totally different way now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to a very kind FPN member I have now acquired this pen. Thanks all for looking, commenting and most importantly, thanks to the member who sold me the pen. I am not sure if it is OK to post her name but she has my deep appreciation.

The pen is even more beautiful than the pictures.

Regards,

Neil

Thanks to a very kind FPN member I have now acquired this pen. Thanks all for looking, commenting and most importantly, thanks to the member who sold me the pen. I am not sure if it is OK to post her name but she has my deep appreciation.

The pen is even more beautiful than the pictures.

Regards,

Neil

:clap1:

Congrats! Did you end up getting the XL or L? Photos? Review? It's wonderful that you've finally found this pen after all the searching you've done!

--Feiye

PS. I am in negotiation for the Black MOP and if it's still available at the end of the year, it will be my Christmas present to myself :D

In rotation:

:clap1:

Congrats! Did you end up getting the XL or L? Photos? Review? It's wonderful that you've finally found this pen after all the searching you've done!

--Feiye

PS. I am in negotiation for the Black MOP and if it's still available at the end of the year, it will be my Christmas present to myself :D

Hi Feiye.

I managed to get the XL in mint condition. It is perfect. I will try to post some pictures over the weekend.

I am actually working on a comparative review of the XL and L Olympio model pens. The only thing I am missing is the weights of the pens. Hopefully I will be able to post it soon. It should also include writing samples of the EF, M, ST and B factory nib versions (unfortunately I don't have a F).

I definitely think the Black MOP will be the perfect gift.

Warmest regards,

Neil

Hi Feiye.

I managed to get the XL in mint condition. It is perfect. I will try to post some pictures over the weekend.

I am actually working on a comparative review of the XL and L Olympio model pens. The only thing I am missing is the weights of the pens. Hopefully I will be able to post it soon. It should also include writing samples of the EF, M, ST and B factory nib versions (unfortunately I don't have a F).

I definitely think the Black MOP will be the perfect gift.

Warmest regards,

Neil

Neil,

If you happen to also have any information on the Medium-sized Olympio model fountain pens (as compared to the L and XL sizes), please don't hesitate to add this to your upcoming review.

I have been trying to decide between a M and L-size Olympio Nocturne pen so if you have any specific information regarding the differences as between the two, your posting of same would be appreciated.

Want to Buy:

Vintage filigree overlay FPs

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files