Competition. We have a WINNER

garythepenman

Hello All,

All you need to do to win is identify which model Conway Stewarts these pens are.

The first correct entry wins. Just put the model number next to the pen number as shown in the pic. ie:-

1 = 123

2 = 815 etc...

Good luck to All. I shall advise the prize once the winner has been found.

If you don't want to show your best guess PM me instead. I'll go by time received to determine the winner.

Gary

post-33-1139770951_thumb.jpg

Edited by garythepenman

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garythepenman

• OldGriz

• antoniosz

• Ray

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alejandro,

Good try, I guess they could all come under that description. :lol: :lol:

Ok first shot at this...

1. #100 Three band (or bond)

2. 58

3. 22

4. 27

5. 30 Duro... pump filler... tricky idea posting the cap...

6. 759

These might be subject to change... LOL... cause I have no idea about Conways...

No. 1 = CS100

No. 2 = CS58

No. 3 = CS22

No. 4 = CS27

No. 5 = CS477

No. 6 = CS476

I'm quite confident on some of those, others are a bit of a guess.

Some very.. very... close guesses.

With the uncapped pen you will need to check the section ?. ;) That's why the pic is uncapped.

Gary

Edited by garythepenman

Darn it - www.prog2kill.com/conwaystewart is down , otherwise I would have aced. :ph34r:

I think Gary crashed the server so you couldn't do that... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OldGriz, are you spying on me ? :lol:

There other resources available, I just haven't had chance to close them down yet. Hee..hee...hee... :lol:

Oh what fun...

Gary

We have a WINNER. OldGriz well done.

I have given a little leeway on the identity of Q 5. It could have been a Duro 20 or 30 button filler. The sections used varied from slightly squared off to thin-ish ridge at the end.

OldGriz will be getting a CS 57 with matching pencil in "pea green". Congrats.

I'll have to make the next comp more difficult.

Gary

wow, you guys know your Conway Stewarts! Or was it a case of the fastest to look it up? I'm impressed. The prize isn't too shabby either.

Hi Gary,

Great quiz!

I didn't get further than 2 of those pens, so I just left it to people more knowledgeable than I am :D.

And congratulations to OldGriz!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thank you Gary for a fun contest that really taxed my search abilities and my eyesight ....

This prize will be my 7 yr old daughter's first collectable pen set....

She sat with me for over 3 hours going through different sites we found on Google to try to ID the pens in question... She had a ball doing it...

I am definately not a Conway Stewart authority, LOL... but did get a good idea of the pens that the company has made over the years.... and the prices that good collectables are worth...

BTW, when I told her we won this morning.... she was very excited and said she was going to tell her teacher about how we spent time on the computer together looking for pens...

Thanks again.....

BTW, this is where we spent a whole lot of time last night...

Conway Stewart

Edited by OldGriz