Lamy 2000 Fountain Pen EF Nib -- 3x5 Review

katfisch

I couldn't resist getting a Lamy 2000 after reading the great reviews on this forum, especially that of MYU (thanks, Gary). It took just 2 days for the pen (superbly packed) to arrive in Wisconsin, USA from PenGallery in Malaysia. That's service.

Since, at work, I write volumes of information on 3x5 inch cards and carry them around in my shirt pocket, it's important for me that my pens are compatible with the 3x5 format... Hence the 3x5 card reviews.

The EF nib on the Lamy 2000 does a good job on 3x5 cards, although it can't write microscopically like the Namiki Falcon SF nib does when held upside down.

I'm really liking the functional stripped-down design of the Lamy 2000. It's EF nib writes smoothly, requiring almost no pressure.

This pen will enter the rotation with my other favorite writers.

I find it bizarre that Gerd Alfred Müller, despite being from another continent, and despite being dead more than 15 years, is influencing my existence in at least 2 ways today (my close smooth Braun shaver shave, and my Lamy 2000 writing experience).

Please bear in my that the 3x5 card scanned-in below probably displays much bigger than 3x5 inches on your monitor.

post-20666-1220797559_thumb.jpg

Edited by katfisch

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try.

- Mark Twain

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juan in Andalucia

• katfisch

• biffybeans

• RevAaron

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know what you're thinking... do I have enough ink in this pen to fill all those cards or not. But considering this is a Lamy 2000, I'd ask myself another question: Do I find myself lucky?. Well, do you, punk?

One more Lamy 2000 convert. Great pen huh?

Juan

Great pen... In fact... The World's Most Powerful Ink Pen...

Blow a man's fingers clean off...

B)

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try.

- Mark Twain

Huh! I never had a problem with ink not flowing when writing with it upside down. That said, I never do the upside down thing, pretty much for any pen- it's always so scratchy, the 2000 included. Great review!

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

I was once a convert, but not any more...

<span style='font-family: Georgia'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'> Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith</strong></span><p><a href='http://www.biffybeans.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Blog: Spiritual Evolution of the Bean</a><p><a href='http://www.etsy.com/shop/biffybeans?ref=si_shop' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Purchase Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith's Original Art on Etsy</a>

I was once a convert, but not any more...

Stephanie... o thou of little faith... wherefore didst thou doubt?

You never know whether you'll find another 2000 in the quest of da pen.

Juan

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...