Hi from Malaysia

calvin82

Hi,

Im a student from Malaysia, I started to get into fountain pen about 2 months ago. Before that, I really dont know what is fountain pen because fountain pen is not popular in my country. It all started while I doing some searching for a nice ballpoint pen and dont know how I started to wandering around Fountain pen network. At that time, I really feel weird.. Why this group of people like to talk about pens?? What is so interesting about pens??

Then, I decided to give myself a taste of fountain pen. I selected the most budget but branded one available in my country.. Parker Vector. After I write with it, dont know why I couldnt stop.. Suddenly I feel that my writings looks so nice when I write with it. The feeling is totally different from my previous ballpoint pens. The smoothness, the uniformity of the ink flow, the colour... its totally brilliant.. This kind of pen that im looking for! Its smoother than my smoothest rollerball ink. At that time, I know why this forum is existing.

As what you guess... after that, I couldnt stop...

my second: Pilot Knight (M)

my third: Parker Frontier (M)

my forth: Lamy Safari (M)

my fifth: Lamy Safari (F)

Bought all these in just 2 months... This how it's started...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin82

• Mannenhitsu

• nchov

• Imzadi

Welcome to the forums.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

Welcome to FPN!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

HI and welcome. Glad you already have a collection. Lamy is good, but don't get another one until you get a Pelikan. E.g. an M215

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

HI and welcome. Glad you already have a collection. Lamy is good, but don't get another one until you get a Pelikan. E.g. an M215

Mike

I just hv some budget pens only... I also hope can try Pelikan one day. But unfortunately its hard to find Pelikan at my place. What is so special about pelikan? How its compare to Lamy Safari? What is the difference can I expect?

Welcome from another student! :clap1:

Mike

I just hv some budget pens only... I also hope can try Pelikan one day. But unfortunately its hard to find Pelikan at my place. What is so special about pelikan? How its compare to Lamy Safari? What is the difference can I expect?

If we're talking about the 'real' Pelikan pens, and not the school ones, they are most distinctively piston-fillers. And Pelikan is actually owned by a Malaysian parent company, and are supposedly cheaper looking at the PenGallery website. ;)

Looking to exchange ink samples! Available: Noodler's Bulletproof Black, Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses, Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, Noodler's Operation Overlord Orange

Hi Calvin,

Welcome to PFN. I am from PJ/KL. I thought you might have een my course mate in Wollongong. Since you said you are student, you can't be him. I finished school almost 20 years ago. Urrgh, makes me feel old.

You would have plenty of time to go to shopping complexes/departmental stores. REcently, during the Malaysia sales, Parker, Waterman, and Cross had certain models at 50%. Please PM when you encounter these sales.

I got my Pelikan M200 for RM 105 which was discounted for 50% in Parkson.

I had to ue fountain pens in school back in the late 70's. I liked the Pilot (I think it's the 78G selling for, what, RM 7) but my Mom bought me a Hero, which is a Parker 51 lookalike.

Enjoy. Try the italics ... cool writing.

Cheers,

Terry.

Hi Calvin,

Welcome to PFN. I am from PJ/KL. I thought you might have een my course mate in Wollongong. Since you said you are student, you can't be him. I finished school almost 20 years ago. Urrgh, makes me feel old.

You would have plenty of time to go to shopping complexes/departmental stores. REcently, during the Malaysia sales, Parker, Waterman, and Cross had certain models at 50%. Please PM when you encounter these sales.

I had to ue fountain pens in school back in the late 70's. I liked the Pilot (I think it's the 78G selling for, what, RM 7) but my Mom bought me a Hero, which is a Parker 51 lookalike.

Cheers,

Terry.

Hi Terry,

Very nice to know you.. The most important thing is our mind stay young forever.. Ha ha..

What? you got Pelikan M200 for only RM105? Which Parkson that you went to? But I its too late already... Our Megasales just ended on 1st Sept. I should post to this forum earlier :headsmack: Nvmind... Will wait for another Megasale..

Hi Calvin,

Cheers,

Terry.

Hi Terry,

Very nice to know you.. The most important thing is our mind stay young forever.. Ha ha..

What? you got Pelikan M200 for only RM105? Which Parkson that you went to? But I its too late already... Our Megasales just ended on 1st Sept. I should post to this forum earlier :headsmack: Nvmind... Will wait for another Megasale..

I got the pen just over a year ago. I did not see any 50% for Pelikan, only for Parker, Waterman, and Cross. Selected models only. It was at Jusco, and Parkson.

Hello and welcome to the FPN! I have been to Malasyia before, what part of the country are you in? What kind of inks do you like to use in your pens? You will find that fountain pens are so much easier to write with than ballpoint or rollerball. However, the nib makes all the difference in the world. :)

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Hello and welcome to the FPN! I have been to Malasyia before, what part of the country are you in? What kind of inks do you like to use in your pens? You will find that fountain pens are so much easier to write with than ballpoint or rollerball. However, the nib makes all the difference in the world. :)

Hi, nice to meet you. Im staying in Kuala Lumpur (Capital city of Malaysia). Do you ever been Kuala Lumpur before? I just started to use fountain pen two months ago. So, I have tried only Parker Quink black, Quink washable blue, Pilot blue, and Lamy black. Now my favourite is Pilot blue because this ink is quite smooth and the blue is brilliant enough.

Yes, because of fountain pen, now my handwriting is improving. Lamy Safari is the pen that I couldnt forget because this pen corrected the way im holding my pen.

I agree with you, the nib on fountain pen is very nice. We can have different kind of writing experience with different kind of nib. Some smoother, some toothier, some finer, some bolder, some wetter, some drier..... Just FUN.

Hi, nice to meet you. Im staying in Kuala Lumpur (Capital city of Malaysia). Do you ever been Kuala Lumpur before? I just started to use fountain pen two months ago. So, I have tried only Parker Quink black, Quink washable blue, Pilot blue, and Lamy black. Now my favourite is Pilot blue because this ink is quite smooth and the blue is brilliant enough.

Sadly, I never made it to Kuala Lumper, but I did take the night train up from Singapore to Kota Bahru. I vacationed in the states of Kelantan, and Kuala Terengganu. Also, I stayed a week on Pulau Redang with my ex-girlfriend, and made friends with a monkey I found on the island. Sadly, I got stung by a jellyfish and my legs were swollen up for a whole week, making walking very difficult. :crybaby:

You might want to try Waterman Florida Blue, and some of the nice shades of blue from Diamine. I like them very much, and they flow very nicely. :cloud9:

Edited by Mannenhitsu

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Man, wish I were a student again /sigh

If we're talking about the 'real' Pelikan pens, and not the school ones, they are most distinctively piston-fillers.

Hey hey, Pelikan's school pens are just as deserving of the brand as their piston-filler cousins ya know :thumbup:

If you're looking for some sturdy Pelikan cartridge fillers, why not try the Pelikano or Future pens?

(I got lucky in Melaka and found some older-style Pelikanos in the Parkson Grand there :) )

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

Hi!

I'm newbie too on Fountain Pen Network, I live in Brazil and I've got some fountain pens, my favourite one is Lamy 2000.

I already bought some times of PenGallery (a Malaysian store) on the Internet. They do a good job.

Welcome among lovers of fountain pens.

A Bright is a person whose worldview is naturalistic

free of supernatural and mystical elements.

Brights base their ethics and actions on a naturalistic worldview.

:: http://www.the-brights.net ::