I'd like the Sailor Sapporo so much better if only....

biffybeans

I just installed my first cartridge in that pen. Seems to be working nicely. I like the blue-black, and would not have problems buying more.

I have no more room here in my account to post any more photos, and the blog post is filled with links. I'd have to re-write it to be posted here. For future reviews, I'll consider posting the review before I add the links, but won't be able to add the pics. I have them hosted on flickr and if you post an image to an outside site, (like here) you have to link back to the image page, and the FPN doesn't allow that code.

The full review & image are on my blog - (listed below.)

Have you tried using cartridge? I've heard modern Japanese pens are designed to be used with cartridges as default. I don't know how much truth to it, but the lines or ridges inside the cartridges make difference in ink flow :hmm1:

P.S. I would love to see your beautiful photo and nice review posted here directly :)

<span style='font-family: Georgia'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'> Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith</strong></span><p><a href='http://www.biffybeans.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Blog: Spiritual Evolution of the Bean</a><p><a href='http://www.etsy.com/shop/biffybeans?ref=si_shop' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Purchase Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith's Original Art on Etsy</a>

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biffybeans

• KCat

• limesally

• politovski

Thanks for the tip KCat. I prefer to stick with FLickr and not use a secondary hosting service. :)

I've had no problems with photobucket, Stephanie. FPN doesn't seem to mind that code.

<span style='font-family: Georgia'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'> Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith</strong></span><p><a href='http://www.biffybeans.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Blog: Spiritual Evolution of the Bean</a><p><a href='http://www.etsy.com/shop/biffybeans?ref=si_shop' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Purchase Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith's Original Art on Etsy</a>

Sorry you're having trouble with the converter! I'm glad the cartridge is working out better for you. It's puzzling to me, though. I have a number of converter pens and the only one that gives me the trouble like you're describing is the Monteverde converter. Both Sailor converters work fine - I've never had to push ink into the feed. I'd certainly feel differently about the pen if I did have to.

I sympathize about having to write reviews twice. But if you're ever inclined - there is a way to post pictures at FPN from Flickr and making the images clickable so that they link back to the site, which I believe still complies with Flickr's terms of use - the image leads back to the photo page. The code works fine with at FPN that way. Maybe I'll start a new thread for any other Flickr people who might want to do this.

Finally - I *love* Sailor blue black. I'm this close to ordering a bottle!